BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wheels + Tires Sponsored by The Tire Rack
  TireRack

KEEP M3POST ALIVE BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER LINK!
Closed Thread

03-15-2009, 09:41 AM   #23
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by makots View Post
yea man, I dont get your point when you say they sold you friends the same set of wheels? i have TE37 and i'm sure there are thousands of people with TE37's in the world too. haha. So what you mean man?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
I think he literally means the same set of wheels, not same style.
Possible, yes! But how would you even know if they were the same exact set of wheels? I will tell you what is VERY likely here. They had a set ready to sell, so they put them up for sale. 3 buyers came forward to make the purchase, so they sold the 1 set that was ready, and decided to build the other 2 sets. (they should obviously mention this to the customer) but the point is, they did not and would not rip 3 guys off. They want to stay in business and expand (as we all see that they are), so to even think or say that they are a scam company is the dumbest thing ever - they wouldn't be expanding the way they are. They build over 150 wheels a month, if you had something like that going, would you decide to do something stupid to fuck that up? I dont think so!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #24
ismelllikepoop
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: m3

^ do you work for 360?
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2009, 11:37 AM   #25
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ismelllikepoop View Post
^ do you work for 360?
no sir, I do not!
I live in Toronto. but I know the guys @ 360 and they are not scammers, they need to work on what they tell their customers regarding the estimated time of completion and delivery of their wheels, but other then that they make amazing quality and gorgeous wheels!
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2009, 11:59 AM   #26
///M PWR 00
Captain
Rep
Drives: Porsche

I doubt they sell 150 sets of wheels per month.....
      03-15-2009, 09:33 PM   #27
RRGOO7
Colonel
Rep
Drives: GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M PWR 00 View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #28
camaross305
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

I cant say anything but good things about 360 Forged. Their wheels, quality, and attention to detail is amazing! I have bought 3 sets of wheels from them so far and have nothing but good things to say. I know that they are slightly behind schedule from moving and the past 2 weeks from expanding AGAIN! lol.... but dont worry they will take care of you and get you your wheels
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #29
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaross305 View Post
I cant say anything but good things about 360 Forged. Their wheels, quality, and attention to detail is amazing! I have bought 3 sets of wheels from them so far and have nothing but good things to say. I know that they are slightly behind schedule from moving and the past 2 weeks from expanding AGAIN! lol.... but dont worry they will take care of you and get you your wheels
Well it seems a lot more people are unhappy with their service than pleased. How you have managed to get your set of 360 Forged wheels so quickly every time is beyond me. I received a pm from 360 stating that they tried calling me numerous times on Thursday, though I specifically stated that I am out of the country and for them to get a hold of me via email. I was also told that I would be emailed the next day with a status update and that they would do their very best to get the wheels to me for a very large BMW meet that is going on this Saturday. But I did not receive any calls, voicemail, or email from them since then. I have been more than patient with them and my patience is growing thin day by day given it has been over 12 weeks since I ordered and I specifically stated when I ordered that I need the wheels at my door upon my arrival back into the States from vacation. I am back now and no signs of the wheels being shipped to me or even completed. Sure I understand that they are having growing pains, but still...12+ weeks to get a set of wheels? That is unheard of from ANY other manufacturer and I am concerned about the survivability of a company that for many has seemed to fail on all fronts from properly communicating with their paying customers to delivering wheels on an acceptable timeline...
2024 718 GT4 RS | Arctic Grey
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #30
camaross305
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunjabiM3 View Post
Well it seems a lot more people are unhappy with their service than pleased. How you have managed to get your set of 360 Forged wheels so quickly every time is beyond me. I received a pm from 360 stating that they tried calling me numerous times on Thursday, though I specifically stated that I am out of the country and for them to get a hold of me via email. I was also told that I would be emailed the next day with a status update and that they would do their very best to get the wheels to me for a very large BMW meet that is going on this Saturday. But I did not receive any calls, voicemail, or email from them since then. I have been more than patient with them and my patience is growing thin day by day given it has been over 12 weeks since I ordered and I specifically stated when I ordered that I need the wheels at my door upon my arrival back into the States from vacation. I am back now and no signs of the wheels being shipped to me or even completed. Sure I understand that they are having growing pains, but still...12+ weeks to get a set of wheels? That is unheard of from ANY other manufacturer and I am concerned about the survivability of a company that for many has seemed to fail on all fronts from properly communicating with their paying customers to delivering wheels on an acceptable timeline...
Well i dunno about your situations and them trying to deliver the wheels etc. while you where out of the country. Problem is why you say more people are displeased than pleased is because you really dont hear about the ones that are pleased. They get their wheels in 6-8 weeks and move on with their lives and a lot of them arent even on forums. Its the ones that are displeased that start a thread etc.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 01:03 PM   #31
lilcow
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
Possible, yes! But how would you even know if they were the same exact set of wheels? I will tell you what is VERY likely here. They had a set ready to sell, so they put them up for sale. 3 buyers came forward to make the purchase, so they sold the 1 set that was ready, and decided to build the other 2 sets. (they should obviously mention this to the customer) but the point is, they did not and would not rip 3 guys off. They want to stay in business and expand (as we all see that they are), so to even think or say that they are a scam company is the dumbest thing ever - they wouldn't be expanding the way they are. They build over 150 wheels a month, if you had something like that going, would you decide to do something stupid to fuck that up? I dont think so!
The answer is.... 7

Sounds like the perfect GMAT question. You don't write standardized tests on the side do you?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #32
crimsone90
Banned
Rep
Drives: MR E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M PWR 00 View Post
They don't do 150 sets per month. I don't know where he got that from. They are made by COR, at COR facilities, and I know they don't push that many. With 150 sets per months you`ll have the market and capital to do your own machining and assembly which they don't do. You could even do your own powder coating.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 03:01 PM   #33
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsone90 View Post
They don't do 150 sets per month. I don't know where he got that from. They are made by COR, at COR facilities, and I know they don't push that many. With 150 sets per months you`ll have the market and capital to do your own machining and assembly which they don't do. You could even do your own powder coating.
I believe they said they do, do their own machining and assembly which is why they expirienced all the backordered and longer wait times. The reason for their transitioning from one location to another was so that they could have the space for their new machines.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #34
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 Jerez DCT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
If you were selling almost 10 million cars a year, why would you do something stupid to fuck that up?

GM does that on a regular basis.

Volume does not equal responsibility.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 03:07 PM   #35
MiamiKat
here kitty kitty...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
I believe they said they do, do their own machining and assembly which is why they expirienced all the backordered and longer wait times. The reason for their transitioning from one location to another was so that they could have the space for their new machines.
You were misinformed....
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 03:27 PM   #36
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKat View Post
You were misinformed....
No matter which way you put it, they make great wheels, so wether they machine and assemble them themselves or COR does it for them it doesnt matter. If they fix their issue with production time and service to some, not many can compare to them. But i do know they dont have the best rep down in miami which is why many hate on them on the forums and such. I mean for anyone to say their new line, System Forged looks horrible, either has a very weird outlook towards looks or has a serious enough problem with them in which they wont even aknowledge the wheel, base their decision strictly on the manufacturer.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 03:46 PM   #37
MiamiKat
here kitty kitty...
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46

Quote:
No matter which way you put it, they make great wheels, so wether they machine and assemble them themselves or COR does it for them it doesnt matter. If they fix their issue with production time and service to some, not many can compare to them. But i do know they dont have the best rep down in miami which is why many hate on them on the forums and such. I mean for anyone to say their new line, System Forged looks horrible, either has a very weird outlook towards looks or has a serious enough problem with them in which they wont even aknowledge the wheel, base their decision strictly on the manufacturer.
And this is coming from a guy who months ago was worried about whether he would get his wheels or not. Regarding them having a bad rep in Miami, clearly you do not see that the people posting with complaints about this company live very far from Miami. Btw are you stalking me or something that you have to quote one of my posts? Everyone does have their own opinion and taste. If i dont like system forged what's the big deal? I dont think the finishing looks good. I am entitled to saying that. I dont have any problems with them contrary to what they may have told you. Im just not blind.I say what it is.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #38
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiKat View Post
And this is coming from a guy who months ago was worried about whether he would get his wheels or not. Regarding them having a bad rep in Miami, clearly you do not see that the people posting with complaints about this company live very far from Miami. Btw are you stalking me or something that you have to quote one of my posts? Everyone does have their own opinion and taste. If i dont like system forged what's the big deal? I dont think the finishing looks good. I am entitled to saying that. I dont have any problems with them contrary to what they may have told you. Im just not blind.I say what it is.
Honestly I dont have any problems at all with your opinion, everyone is entitled to it. I was actually just looking at the post of the wheels which is y I mentioned it.

Yes, U r right, a couple of months ago I did have problems with them, and I dont know iof its in this thread or the other one the OP posted, but I also mentioned that I did have problems, its no secret. All i did was give the op some edvice. Yes, some that r complaining r not from Miami, but as i have heard that was the case. I just wanted to get my point accross that they did and mayb still have a few issues that they need to work out, but in my case, 360 fixed the problem and they did right by me as im sure they would for any of their customers. Thats the only thing I was saying. Which is y I said if the OP is that annoyed with them that he doesnt want to give them his business anymore then a refubd is what he needs to get, but if he does want the wheels, then he will deff get those as well and will love them since they make great wheels.

BTW OP, u said they were shipping them today, did they?

And Miami kat, sorry if i came accross the wrong way, thats not what I meant to do as everyone is deff entitled to their own opinion, I was just saying that many have hate towards them for one reason or another but that has nothing to do with me and I dont know what else goes on locally that u guys do.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #39
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Honestly I dont have any problems at all with your opinion, everyone is entitled to it. I was actually just looking at the post of the wheels which is y I mentioned it.

Yes, U r right, a couple of months ago I did have problems with them, and I dont know iof its in this thread or the other one the OP posted, but I also mentioned that I did have problems, its no secret. All i did was give the op some edvice. Yes, some that r complaining r not from Miami, but as i have heard that was the case. I just wanted to get my point accross that they did and mayb still have a few issues that they need to work out, but in my case, 360 fixed the problem and they did right by me as im sure they would for any of their customers. Thats the only thing I was saying. Which is y I said if the OP is that annoyed with them that he doesnt want to give them his business anymore then a refubd is what he needs to get, but if he does want the wheels, then he will deff get those as well and will love them since they make great wheels.

BTW OP, u said they were shipping them today, did they?

And Miami kat, sorry if i came accross the wrong way, thats not what I meant to do as everyone is deff entitled to their own opinion, I was just saying that many have hate towards them for one reason or another but that has nothing to do with me and I dont know what else goes on locally that u guys do.
Hey bro how long did it take you to get the wheels again? From what I remember you ordered around a month before me and got the wheels a month or so ago. I ordered 12 weeks ago and still do not have the wheels. Nor am I able to get any response from 360 Forged whether I contact them via email or phone. It's damn ridiculous to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 04:25 PM   #40
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

If I remember correctly I ordered them around mid November and got them at the end of January or beginning of February. Dont remember exactly. Have you called their office or spoken to them by phone at all? Btw, what did u get, carbon fibre or not?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 04:27 PM   #41
PunjabiM3
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
If I remember correctly I ordered them around mid November and got them at the end of January or beginning of February. Dont remember exactly. Have you called their office or spoken to them by phone at all? Btw, what did u get, carbon fibre or not?
I have emailed them numerous times, also contacted them via pm, called them earlier today with no return phone call. I got the Mesh 8 (not CF)...ordered Dec 22 directly through 360...
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #42
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep

So u basically ordered them one month after me, I think I ordered mine on the 18th. Honestly, I think ur just about correct with timing, meaning everyone else who ordered in that time period has waited this long. Actually, to be quite honest accroding to what others have waited and r still waiting u may still be 1 or 2 weeks ahead of time. I know it sux but that is the truth. Watrob just got his wheels, i thik u and the OP r next in line. U shoud deff contact them tho by phone and ask to let u know exactly whats up. I had issues with communication but thats because they were in Tokyo or watever, but after that i never had a problem getting in contact with them.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #43
TonyTone
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 VERT

Funny that I have been hearing these stories for the past 2 weeks, as people walk into the office talking about there horror stories.

Goodluck OP and sorry to hear your frustration
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2009, 10:32 PM   #44
MMMazing07
More than you can afford pal....ferrari
Rep
Drives: Z4M

i find it ridiculous people are spending 6k on a set of wheels and the company cant even return a damn phone call.

ironic how the owner of 360 recently bought a ferrari.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread