BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

07-05-2016, 11:52 AM   #1
skl007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

My Experience with 360 Forged

Hey guys,
I know there is not a whole lot of cohesive information out there on aftermarket wheel vendors, so I decided to share my story about replacing a peeling chrome lip on one of my wheels from 360 Forged.

Over the winter a piece of gravel must have impacted the lip while I was driving, causing a small bubble to form. I guess over time with the introduction of oxygen between the chrome and the binding layer underneath it started to peel. I sent out an email to 360 Forged (acquired by American Force Wheels) asking if they sell replacement outer barrels in mid-February.

Over the course of 31 emails between February 22nd and May 3rd we go over the necessary details about the replacement lip, such as the code on the wheel, sizing, etc. However, during this process I had to continually ask for updates from 360 Forged, and at one point they had to ask me what the initial issue was (guess they had forgotten me…)

Anyways, on May 3rd I finally receive the invoice for my wheels. I proceed to wait until the week of June 13th (I think it was Friday the 15th but am not quite sure) before the replacement lip arrives. I take it to the wheel shop the following Monday (I did not personally open the box and inspect the lip, this is my fatal error) and take delivery of my reassembled wheel on the 23rd. This is what the lip looks like compared to an original lip (both from 360 Forged).

As you can see the new lip is not close to being flat, and in my opinion is unacceptable build quality. I send 360 Forged an email stating what is happening and get the following response:
“The rim channel manufacturers change their specs over the years. There's no way for us to know exactly what part was initially used as that was never recorded, and even if it was as I said before the manufacturer likely slightly changed the part by now.”

This is a bogus excuse if you ask me, since a non-level outer lip is not something that should change over time.

I get offered a refund if I send back the defective outer lip. At this point I’ve spent $200 in labor at the wheel shop and would have to spend another $200 to have the bad lip taken off and my old lip (not sure if it’s even usable after being unmounted) put back on. So basically he offers to replace the faulty part leaving me $400 in the hole at either the same or worse situation than I was in back in February.

I would personally like a replacement lip sent to me so I can inspect it, have it mounted, and see if everything works before sending back the bad part. This way I can at least have a working wheel and some physical asset by the end of this process. 360 Forged would like me to send the whole wheel to Miami so they can do the work themselves, but after this extremely long timeline I’m very hesitant to do that.

What do you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 06:12 PM   #2
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Total bullshit. I'd contact your credit card company and file for a chargeback as well.

PS. Don't buy crap like ADV.1 or 360 Forged or whatever new "forged," "baller" backyard wheel company pops up every year.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2016, 06:37 PM   #3
skl007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by the6M3 View Post
Total bullshit. I'd contact your credit card company and file for a chargeback as well.

PS. Don't buy crap like ADV.1 or 360 Forged or whatever new "forged," "baller" backyard wheel company pops up every year.
Wheels came with the car, simply trying to do the upkeep.

If I filed for a chargeback wouldn't I have to return the crappy lip? As much as this has been a pain in the butt, I like having 4 wheels to roll around on instead of 3.5 wheels haha.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 03:18 AM   #4
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

they are a sketchy company that has to change names all the time. don't expect much out of those crooks. get your money back and move on.
      07-06-2016, 12:28 PM   #5
skl007
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
they are a sketchy company that has to change names all the time. don't expect much out of those crooks. get your money back and move on.
How do you suggest that I do that? Call up my credit card company and plead my case? If I have to return this faulty lip then I won't have a fully functioning wheel.
Appreciate 0