BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

02-05-2017, 08:17 AM   #1
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3, '17 Macan GTS

LTBMW - Do You Even Computer?

So, it's coming up on two months since I placed an order for my E92 1M bumper.

I've received one e-mail since the order, about two weeks into it, saying that they were starting on it.

Since then, I've sent about four or five more and called twice with no answer.

I've read that they're bad about communicating, but their site states that the build time for the bumper is four weeks. It's been over eight..at least give some notice.

Should I be worried? I'm about to get the car rewrapped, and it'd be nice to have everything done at once.
      02-05-2017, 09:07 AM   #2
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raek View Post
So, it's coming up on two months since I placed an order for my E92 1M bumper.

I've received one e-mail since the order, about two weeks into it, saying that they were starting on it.

Since then, I've sent about four or five more and called twice with no answer.

I've read that they're bad about communicating, but their site states that the build time for the bumper is four weeks. It's been over eight..at least give some notice.

Should I be worried? I'm about to get the car rewrapped, and it'd be nice to have everything done at once.
Didnt something happen to LTMW a while ago? i was reading a thread while back
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 02:19 PM   #3
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

i'd be asking for a refund by now, or even at the point of contacting my bank. I had a similar issue with a CF vendor and turns out they were still accepting orders, but not really in business anymore?

with today's means of communication, email, text, phone, social media, there's no excuse to not hear from them by now.
      02-07-2017, 04:49 AM   #4
andym3
Rep
Drives: 2010 m3

They are still in business. I was just in their shop yesterday.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2017, 07:12 AM   #5
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep

FINALLY got in touch with them. Something about not having a receptionist. Hopefully the conversation got the ball rolling..
      02-08-2017, 12:29 PM   #6
redEYEjedi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 / F31 / E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
Didnt something happen to LTMW a while ago? i was reading a thread while back
Are you referring to Ivan and Long parting ways?

I tried out Ivan's new shop Strassesport and it left a LOT to be desired. He's rarely in the shop, rarely answers calls and texts, and everyone that works there is freelance so body and paint guys have their own customers along with the ones Ivan pulls in. This isn't efficient and I see cars sitting there for months. Diff change for a car means car sitting for over 3 months. The list goes on. My project car sat there for over a year. Granted I wasn't in a rush and was too busy with other things in my life to get on him about it till after a year. Push comes to shove I pulled both cars I had there and sent them to LTMW. LTMW made more progress in a month than what was done over a year at Strassesport.

Ivan is a great guy though. Extremely easy to get along with and definitely a car guy. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't take any of my cars to get work through them unless I just talk to the paint and body guys and deal with them directly.
      02-08-2017, 12:44 PM   #7
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by redEYEjedi View Post

I tried out Ivan's new shop Strassesport and it left a LOT to be desired. He's rarely in the shop, rarely answers calls and texts, and everyone that works there is freelance so body and paint guys have their own customers along with the ones Ivan pulls in. This isn't efficient and I see cars sitting there for months. Diff change for a car means car sitting for over 3 months. The list goes on. My project car sat there for over a year. Granted I wasn't in a rush and was too busy with other things in my life to get on him about it till after a year. Push comes to shove I pulled both cars I had there and sent them to LTMW. LTMW made more progress in a month than what was done over a year at Strassesport.

Ivan is a great guy though. Extremely easy to get along with and definitely a car guy. Knowing what I know now, I wouldn't take any of my cars to get work through them unless I just talk to the paint and body guys and deal with them directly.
Sounds like a lot of tuner shops I know... if you got a project and you aren't their "buddy", your car will just sit there for months/years.
      02-13-2017, 07:14 PM   #8
YMB_F80
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: YMB F80 M3

Garage List
2009 335i  [7.00]
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redEYEjedi View Post

Hmm not sure when you last dealt with Ivan at Strassesport, but he has fixed lots the issues from the past. We are constantly working together on projects, and the paint/work has been great.

As for LTMW I still see the same cars from months/years ago. I have a car here at my shop that I won't even say what is wrong with it cause the list is too long to type out. The car was there for TWO YEARS. If you stay on top of your build at LTMW then you will be fine, if you don't I wish you the best of luck.

Instagram: YMB_F80
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2017, 10:35 PM   #9
redEYEjedi
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 / F31 / E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMB_F80 View Post
Hmm not sure when you last dealt with Ivan at Strassesport, but he has fixed lots the issues from the past. We are constantly working together on projects, and the paint/work has been great.

As for LTMW I still see the same cars from months/years ago. I have a car here at my shop that I won't even say what is wrong with it cause the list is too long to type out. The car was there for TWO YEARS. If you stay on top of your build at LTMW then you will be fine, if you don't I wish you the best of luck.
The last time I dealt with him was from July 2014 ~ August 2016. I've dealt with Ivan since day one at their OG shop for LTBMW around 2009. I also dealt with Ivan since day one when he opened his own shop. How long have you been dealing with him? Sorry if that came off sounding confrontational which I'm not trying to be, but I'm just curious.

I guess we hold the records because to be honest, my cars were at Strassesport for TWO YEARS also. I was on top of my build the final year. I was even there tearing down the car with Ivan because if I didn't go, nothing was done. When you're paying a shop to do work, but you have to go there yourself and commit nights to push them to make progress, how would you feel? In Ivan's defense, since he didn't know how to do the wiring, subcontracting it out was probably a bad decision, and I made a bad decision going along with it.

And yea you're right about LTMW, they weren't great for a period of time. How do I know? Because they built my first wagon. I still had to do some chasing around back then around 2011.

Jose does amazing paint work and Carlos does dope body work, but they're freelance and have their own customers too. Just saying.

BTW, I have no business affiliations with either shop. I'm just a customer.

I do hope things are better though. I just don't see myself going back after getting burned.

Nice car btw!

Last edited by redEYEjedi; 02-15-2017 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 08:39 AM   #10
Raek
Major
United_States
Rep

Well, after a couple of phone calls, they put the bumper together VERY quickly. The original excuse was that they didn't have anything in stock, but within the next couple of days, I got a phone call saying that they were ready to ship out. Haha...I think they literally just put it aside.

Anyway, it looks great. Now I just have to do some trimming and prepping!