BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

02-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #45
ImSW1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

I don't give a sh*t who is to blame for the accident, or who is supposed to pay. You paid a business for a certain level of service/repair. If they don't repair it correctly, they failed to uphold their side of the bargain. You paid them after all.

Go back and get as many pictures of the substandard work as possible. Go show them to the other body shop that you trust. If they are willing to back you up (go to court), go down and file in small claims court for the money it's going to cost you to get it back to the original shape it was before the accident, and anything else you can prove (additional rental car costs, trip delays, anything tangible etc.).

Worrying about insurance companies? It's too late now. It's time to deal with things as they are now, not talk about some hypothetical dream world.

Sean

Last edited by ImSW1; 02-13-2012 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: Spelling
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #46
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i X Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
You remember me from ....?

Who cares if I am in minority or majority or whatever, the way you threaten the dealership or whoever to get your work done is not right, there are way easier ways to do it.

Like you have never screwed up anything in your life! Oh I am sure you think your problem is more important than world hunger and it should be fixed right away, oh and don't forget your $95.

What I am saying is that you could deal with this problem in a way smarter way and you could have a way better result.

GL
I remember you from reading some of your previous arrogant, know-nothing moronic posts as well as your annoying, infantile user name. As for the "$95" it's not the amount, it's the fact that the SA was a LIAR. It's known as "The principle of the thing"
Result of this E Mail ? The Manager agreed to my terms 100% including the refund and send me an invoice with the check request. Also, if you want to help solve "World Hunger" sell your fucking M3 buy a Nissan Versa and donate the difference to feedthechildren.org , OK Sultan_of_Stupidity ?

Last edited by NYF32DRIVER; 02-13-2012 at 10:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #47
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnA Diesel View Post
It's also easy (or could be depending on one's attitude on how they choose to deal with things) to be calm and respectful when it's YOUR OWN property.

This was me five (5) weeks after getting my new car, five minutes after being the victim of a secondary collision doing nothing more that sitting stopped at a red light, waiting to turn left. Having seen my share of stuff from travels around the world, I figured "stuff happens", and that the most important thing was that everybody was all right....and that that's the kind of stuff insurance is for.

I wish I had you and your wife's expertise in knowing about body shops, because it took me quite a while to find a body shop that I was comfortable taking my car to. In the end, I selected a body shop specializing in vehicle restoration, but only after I had followed up on a few references the owner provided me with to help me with my decision to go with his company or not. I have little experience in body work, but I ensured that the owner knew my expectations including quality of work and timelines before I signed anything to start work. He and his guys were bang on, both work quality and the promised completion date. Had it not turned out this way, I would like to think that I would have been as calm as the day my car was hit, talking with the owner to describe whey I felt the work did not meet my expectations of what he and I discussed previously.

On one hand, I feel for your frustration in the poor quality of work done on an almost new car.

On the other hand, however, I having difficulty being as sympathetic for someone who has as much experience in bodywork as you noted, yet appeared not to have a solid agreement/understanding with the SA on your expectations regarding timeline specifically (was it written on your quote/authorization?) or overall quality. I would also note, that your e-mail doesn't seem to leave the manager much choice in having a reasonable discussion to resolve the issue to your complete satisfaction -- a lot of orders and "thou shalts" being fired across the bow. It seems like you went 'nuclear' right out of the gate. That the SA appears to have been a bit of an assumptive arse to you does little to affect how the manager might most likely have read your e-mail. As well, I would have gone in to see the manager myself, vice firing an e-mail out as you did. E-mails are impersonal at the best of times, and tone is near impossible to convey properly by e-mail.

I hope you get your car refinished to your liking, but I don't have a good feeling that you will.

Mein zwei pfennig,
D.
I appreciate you well thoughtful reply. I submitted a slightly toned down version of that E-Mail and here was the reply I received today:

I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered and would
appreciate a chance to make it up to you.
Please let me know when you can bring the vehicle in for us to do over,I
will follow the repairs from start to finish.
I will also get you the rental difference returned to you .The check
will be mailed out to you from our main office.
While your car is in for the do over ,I will call enterprise and supply
you with a rental.We will go over the car together when you drop it off
and
When you pick it up.All I am asking is for a chance to make things
right.

Thank you
Ed C

Last edited by NYF32DRIVER; 02-22-2012 at 01:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #48
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSW1 View Post
I don't give a sh*t who is to blame for the accident, or who is supposed to pay. You paid a business for a certain level of service/repair. If they don't repair it correctly, they failed to uphold their side of the bargain. You paid them after all.

Go back and get as many pictures of the substandard work as possible. Go show them to the other body shop that you trust. If they are willing to back you up (go to court), go down and file in small claims court for the money it's going to cost you to get it back to the original shape it was before the accident, and anything else you can prove (additional rental car costs, trip delays, anything tangible etc.).

Worrying about insurance companies? It's too late now. It's time to deal with things as they are now, not talk about some hypothetical dream world.

Sean
Honest, tough assessment... I like it : )
      02-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #49
aresh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 550i

seems like everyone is bashing the OP for not being respectful or some BS. IMO the OP is completely right in his own way, id be pissed as F*ck and to have to postpone my trip for something that was promised to be done, thats ridiculous. Yea its not the worst thing in the world but i can feel the frustration, especially with dealers and their con artists SA's. My advice just hang on and hopefully things will get sorted out just A PITA.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 11:16 PM   #50
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresh View Post
seems like everyone is bashing the OP for not being respectful or some BS. IMO the OP is completely right in his own way, id be pissed as F*ck and to have to postpone my trip for something that was promised to be done, thats ridiculous. Yea its not the worst thing in the world but i can feel the frustration, especially with dealers and their con artists SA's. My advice just hang on and hopefully things will get sorted out just A PITA.
I appreciate your support. Here is the E Mail I received today after sending a (slightly) toned down version of the E Mail:

"I am sorry to hear about the problems you encountered and would
appreciate a chance to make it up to you.
Please let me know when you can bring the vehicle in for us to do over,I
will follow the repairs from start to finish.
I will also get you the rental difference returned to you .The check
will be mailed out to you from our main office.
While your car is in for the do over ,I will call enterprise and supply
you with a rental.We will go over the car together when you drop it off
and
When you pick it up.All I am asking is for a chance to make things
right"

Thank you
Ed C

Last edited by NYF32DRIVER; 02-22-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #51
aresh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 550i

you sure got their attention! I'm glad it's working out for you. At least there willing to do it right now.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 01:35 AM   #52
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCE90DRIVER View Post
I remember you from reading some of your previous arrogant, know-nothing moronic posts as well as your annoying, infantile user name. As for the "$95" it's not the amount, it's the fact that the SA was a LIAR. It's known as "The principle of the thing"
Result of this E Mail ? The Manager agreed to my terms 100% including the refund and send me an invoice with the check request. Also, if you want to help solve "World Hunger" sell your fucking M3 buy a Nissan Versa and donate the difference to feedthechildren.org , OK Sultan_of_Stupidity ?
This is my last post here as I have way more important stuff to do than arguing with a stupid moron. Go get laid and relax instead of being a tough guy in your email. As most people mentioned, if you were dealing with my shop, I would through you out of my shop and would tell you to go F@€£ yourself as I think that's the only thing you are good at it. And if you think my posts are stupid, it shows your lack of knowledge about cars! Well no one can expect more from an idiot like you.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2012, 10:58 AM   #53
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
This is my last post here as I have way more important stuff to do than arguing with a stupid moron. Go get laid and relax instead of being a tough guy in your email. As most people mentioned, if you were dealing with my shop, I would through you out of my shop and would tell you to go F@€£ yourself as I think that's the only thing you are good at it. And if you think my posts are stupid, it shows your lack of knowledge about cars! Well no one can expect more from an idiot like you.
As MOST people mentioned ? I count ONE person... and you, so that still counts as ONE.
YAWN... I hope you know more about cars then you do about legal matters. They wouldn't have a leg to stand on (Legally speaking) if they DARED to "throw me out" Get back to me when you grow the fuck up and find that solution for world hunger.
      02-14-2012, 08:05 PM   #54
crummer
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Why U mad? R U now upset you didn't go do your homework before using a shop? Just for the sake of argument what was your "regular" shop. You sound like a service oriented person being in the restaurant business. Would you go eat at a place with a history of complaints? Don't get me wrong, I get pissed with shoddy work as well, but I also take some of the responsibility for putting work in competent hands.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom..._freeport.html

http://www.cardealerreviews.org/?p=31196

http://www.bbb.org/NYC/Business-Revi...04/complaints/

http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/N...ce-170043.html

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bmw-hassel-freeport-2
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 12:58 AM   #55
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by crummer View Post
Why U mad? R U now upset you didn't go do your homework before using a shop? Just for the sake of argument what was your "regular" shop. You sound like a service oriented person being in the restaurant business. Would you go eat at a place with a history of complaints? Don't get me wrong, I get pissed with shoddy work as well, but I also take some of the responsibility for putting work in competent hands.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/autom..._freeport.html

http://www.cardealerreviews.org/?p=31196

http://www.bbb.org/NYC/Business-Revi...04/complaints/

http://www.edmunds.com/dealerships/N...ce-170043.html

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bmw-hassel-freeport-2
Once again... I have NEVER PERSONALLY had an issue with their service department and DID NOT buy the car from them. The "Certified Collision Center" is in Separate Location Nearby I do not see any complaints about the Collision Center specifically.
      02-15-2012, 01:21 AM   #56
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
You remember me from ....?

Who cares if I am in minority or majority or whatever, the way you threaten the dealership or whoever to get your work done is not right, there are way easier ways to do it.

Like you have never screwed up anything in your life! Oh I am sure you think your problem is more important than world hunger and it should be fixed right away, oh and don't forget your $95.

What I am saying is that you could deal with this problem in a way smarter way and you could have a way better result.

GL
Really? Based on the OPs story, it sounds like the body shop is incompetent and dishonest (based on how they refused to reverse the charge). I would have told him I'm totally dissatisfied and taken my car to another shop. If he refused without payment, I would put it on a credit card and contest it immediately. The letter wasn't the best written thing in the world, but it doesn't mean that the guy doesn't have a point.

You don't always have to use insurance - people are capable of working things out, but you better have a shop you really trust. I would never "take a chance" on a new shop without seeing some of their work first hand.

Sucks OP - hope you get it figured out.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #57
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Your shop sounds awesome.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #58
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Your shop sounds awesome.
He doesn't have a shop. He was speaking hypothetically. And if he did it wouldn't be in business long I can assure you.
      02-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #59
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Really? Based on the OPs story, it sounds like the body shop is incompetent and dishonest (based on how they refused to reverse the charge). I would have told him I'm totally dissatisfied and taken my car to another shop. If he refused without payment, I would put it on a credit card and contest it immediately. The letter wasn't the best written thing in the world, but it doesn't mean that the guy doesn't have a point.

You don't always have to use insurance - people are capable of working things out, but you better have a shop you really trust. I would never "take a chance" on a new shop without seeing some of their work first hand.

Sucks OP - hope you get it figured out.
That was actually the first draft. I modified it before I sent it.
      03-22-2012, 10:19 AM   #60
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

I wouldn't have paid the body shop until the job is 100% finished and all my rental fees were taken cared of (if thats what they promised). At that point, you don't have to say nothing. They don't have the money, someones going to pay and if the owner figures out how this jobs been handled (we're assuming they care about their customers here) someone will get fired.

As far as everyones comment on your temperament, I would have been super pissed too especially if I let them know in advance that I HAD to leave on a business trip. By no means am I saying that I am a saint here but if they are pushing the completetion date back day by day, this tells you something. Somehow if there was a tiny blemish in the paint somewhere or on the last day the clear coat didn't cure perfectly and they wanted to do it over, there's really no excuse but I can understand and allow them to fix the problem without being upset. This isn't the case here. Its simple, do whats asked and there will be no problems but if you don't, you better be able to deal with a very upset customer.

Last edited by a burrito; 03-22-2012 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #61
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Hassell sales dept is amazing. The service dept blows and so does their body shop. I don't see any need in hiding employee names when work is shoddy. Adam bienstocks only task is damage control when his service dept fucks up, and they always do. I wouldn't even go there for an oil change (seriously). I think you handled the situation well because if you didn't verbally kick people's asses, they would continue to jerk you around. Out of the 6 BMWs I've owned, they have damaged 3. Sometimes I think they get their employees from the Home depot parking lot.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #62
pedrobot
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 F80 M3 ZCP w/Drivers Pkg

2 points to make:
1. No monies until job is complete. And by complete I mean done right.
2. Pics or it didn't happen.

Best of luck sir. Enjoy the sunny Florida weather.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 11:52 AM   #63
Singletrack
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Hassell sales dept is amazing. The service dept blows and so does their body shop. I don't see any need in hiding employee names when work is shoddy. Adam bienstocks only task is damage control when his service dept fucks up, and they always do. I wouldn't even go there for an oil change (seriously). I think you handled the situation well because if you didn't verbally kick people's asses, they would continue to jerk you around. Out of the 6 BMWs I've owned, they have damaged 3. Sometimes I think they get their employees from the Home depot parking lot.
There you go.

I just don't get the mentality of some posters on here at times. If I have to sweet talk someone into doing the *right thing*, then it isn't even worth having the conversation. If proper customer service isn't self-evident, then there is almost nothing you can say that will make it so for that individual. That's just the reality of things unfortunately...in 99% of cases, people either get it or they don't.
Appreciate 0