BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

12-21-2019, 12:09 PM   #67
SAMM3Y
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
The sk2 kit seems pretty reasonably priced.. makes me wish I didn't fuck around with a used ess kit..but then again overseas product support on a company which has already gone out of business once might not always be there.

I wonder if there's VAT on that for out of country buyers?
I just bought one brand new, the support is there through ASA compressor. The same people work there from when it was G Power. There’s no lack of knowledge or information, the g power kit is incredibly over engineered for where it is currently priced.
What it run delivered? Did you get a bill for import?
      12-24-2019, 04:37 AM   #68
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMM3Y View Post
What it run delivered? Did you get a bill for import?
About $7850, you have to pay customs through the shipping broker, ups or you can use a tax id number.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:28 AM   #69
kmn
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCE92 View Post
Almost 2 years with my GP kit and running strong, however I am using software from Evolve. Parts are not hard to find if you have the part #s they use Audi/Mitsubishi OEM BOVs, Bosch Injectors, K&N filter etc. If compressor parts are needed contact ASA directly. GP has always had horrible communication especially if talking in English and their software was never 100% on point. Hardware, fitment and install instructions were very good. I would definitely recommend the kit to potential buyers especially if you can get one for a great price.
Please let me know more about this setup? Was the tune custom made at Evolve? I'm with SK II kit now and will be upgrading to SK II CS during some time soon (first upgrading to SK II S tho with fuel line kit), also will be intalling WMI before the summer. and I must say I'm not super happy with the ECU tune after some 7 versions of it from G-Power.... The DCT is just not working properly, although it was just perfect with NA stock and Evolve stage2 tune. It's something with the torque tables I would assume.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 09:02 AM   #70
KCE92
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW ZCP e92 G-Power SKII CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmn View Post
Please let me know more about this setup? Was the tune custom made at Evolve? I'm with SK II kit now and will be upgrading to SK II CS during some time soon (first upgrading to SK II S tho with fuel line kit), also will be intalling WMI before the summer. and I must say I'm not super happy with the ECU tune after some 7 versions of it from G-Power.... The DCT is just not working properly, although it was just perfect with NA stock and Evolve stage2 tune. It's something with the torque tables I would assume.
Yes they have a custom tune option, they will send a baseline and fine tune on the dyno once you have rented some dyno time. I also have their GTS tune without any issues with DCT. If you have any more questions PM me I am happy to help.