BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Track / Autocross / Dragstrip / Driving Techniques

BPM

08-20-2021, 10:57 PM   #23
b4hand
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
For a $1000 initiation and $150/mo for the premium membership it's cheaper than my gym membership
wat
      08-21-2021, 10:07 AM   #24
Kelse92
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Former e92 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
wat
Yeah I belong to a kinda fancy gym, but the trainers are amazing and I go to classes 2-3x/week so it comes out to less per class than most other places.

#ladydriven Heavy-spec M3 // KW Clubsports // AA x-pipe // Gintani muffler // Macht-Schnell intake // Gintani tune // OMP Seats // Too Many Apex Wheels // Stoptech ST-60 // Cobalt Friction brake pads
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2021, 09:58 PM   #25
sc_tr0jan_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelse92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by b4hand View Post
wat
Yeah I belong to a kinda fancy gym, but the trainers are amazing and I go to classes 2-3x/week so it comes out to less per class than most other places.
Tell me you go to equinox without telling me you go to equinox? I kid, I kid.

2018 Grigio Telesto F80 M3 DCT | :: Bone Stock ::
2004 Titanium Silver E46 M3 6 Speed | :: Track Car ::
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 12:22 PM   #26
Gomeler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '16 M235iR, '16 M4 GTS

I always forget about the E9x M3 Track area when I hop on bimmerpost.

I'm part of what is likely a niche customer base who likes to break their car while trying to fix something else while also having the disposable income to be interested in a standalone structure for garage shenanigans. For me the wrenching and problem solving is about as much fun as driving on track.

DRLane and I have talked a bit about this, I lean more towards a shared work/social/storage space that isn't trying to be commercially successful. I don't want to use public shared work spaces primarily because I need the ability to pull an engine and push the chassis into the corner. I also would like the ability to store a growing collection of stupid cars with trickle chargers and fire suppression.

If I could secure one of the storage condos in the Broomfield area, I would, but last I checked(late 2020) nobody was selling. ~600-1000 sqft with a mixture of 2-post and 4-post lifts would be perfect for just me. Sharing the space with the general public doesn't appeal to me, as even with insurance I'm not overly comfortable storing my cars where someone with $5k or whatever can roll up and get access to them.

If I were to build something with a handful of friends, I'd aim for a handful of bays in a shared garage, and then several attached storage units where I can put a car on dollies and push it from the garage to the storage area. Have the height for 4-post lifts for storing cars, and locking doors + web-accessible cameras so I can look at my cars and never drive them.

Anywho, I still like some flavor of this idea, but Colorado Front Range property values are stupid which.. is a good argument for a shared garage area. So, when do we do this?
Appreciate 1
Kelse921131.50
      08-25-2021, 12:33 PM   #27
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomeler View Post
I always forget about the E9x M3 Track area when I hop on bimmerpost.

I'm part of what is likely a niche customer base who likes to break their car while trying to fix something else while also having the disposable income to be interested in a standalone structure for garage shenanigans. For me the wrenching and problem solving is about as much fun as driving on track.

DRLane and I have talked a bit about this, I lean more towards a shared work/social/storage space that isn't trying to be commercially successful. I don't want to use public shared work spaces primarily because I need the ability to pull an engine and push the chassis into the corner. I also would like the ability to store a growing collection of stupid cars with trickle chargers and fire suppression.

If I could secure one of the storage condos in the Broomfield area, I would, but last I checked(late 2020) nobody was selling. ~600-1000 sqft with a mixture of 2-post and 4-post lifts would be perfect for just me. Sharing the space with the general public doesn't appeal to me, as even with insurance I'm not overly comfortable storing my cars where someone with $5k or whatever can roll up and get access to them.

If I were to build something with a handful of friends, I'd aim for a handful of bays in a shared garage, and then several attached storage units where I can put a car on dollies and push it from the garage to the storage area. Have the height for 4-post lifts for storing cars, and locking doors + web-accessible cameras so I can look at my cars and never drive them.

Anywho, I still like some flavor of this idea, but Colorado Front Range property values are stupid which.. is a good argument for a shared garage area. So, when do we do this?
Haha! Welcome Chris. Actually was chatting with a buddy at the track Friday who's been scouting spaces in Boulder for a while. He's adamant (because his financial situation isn't as limited) that the storage / workshop be close enough to bike to from downtown. So I'll probably be priced out of the that collective.

I think some or the models / businesses noted above will be the future. That said, I too like the idea of a private collective that's built purely to cover operating costs.