BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

06-11-2018, 09:09 AM   #1
Jaw
Rep
Drives: Z4m roadster

Finally found an e92

Hey guys, haven't really posted here much, joined when I owned a Z4M just as I Was selling it, but had been searching the forum for the last month or two..

Recently found myself eying up a new car, as the 911 has been a bit impractical (No boot, back seats too small for baby seat, lowered gemballa suspension and race sump scrapes.. like everywhere..). Previously had a Z4M which always left me lusting after an E46 but missed a lot of the things you get with a newer ride, bluetooth, keyless etc etc.

Was set on a C63 but after driving one in the twisties, as great as the roar was I didn't love it. Was tempted to go for a GTR, 2009's being the same price but again I just couldn't gel with them, something about the interior maybe?

Saw an m3, took it for a spin on the off-chance and never looked back It's a late 2013 e92, has most options (although not sure which come standard as im sure most do). It's a DCT with Competition Pack and had around 25k miles on the clock. Can't get over how it performs when the road gets interesting whilst being comparatively sedate at low revs. It feels quite different to the standard e92 I drove 5 years ago or so but could just be in my head. The competitions traction control has been great so far, just allowing a little bit of slip here and there. Was never a fan of SMG but am enjoying the DCT (that downshift blip is so addictive).

Had the added bonus of the Harman Kardon speakers which I'm really happy with as far as factory audio goes! Also came with the m performance steering wheel which is a nice addition, if not just for the in-steering wheel temperatures, although playing with the lap timer has been fun. Want to add BMW performance seats (if they fold? think so as they're basically recaro speedsters?) and an akropovic exhaust to finish her off and maybe a few bits of carbon, but otherwise she's perfect.

Anyway here she is

Last edited by Jaw; 06-11-2018 at 09:18 AM..
Appreciate 4
PACarGuy686.50
elvism288.00
Crazy8.M3276.00
pcohen15379.50
      06-11-2018, 09:26 AM   #2
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Very nice! Great find!

I love the v2 electronic steering wheel, I have it on both M3s
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 09:42 AM   #3
timothy2001
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT ZCP

Garage List
2011 M3 E92  [0.00]
Welcome and congrats on the purchase. I just don't get tired of looking at pictures of our cars, thanks for posting them up.

Side note, been to the Porsche dealership twice in the past six weeks or so just to scratch that itch and never drove one for various reasons. Posts like yours make them less attractive so thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #4
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Dat steering wheel
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 03:39 PM   #5
SeeSax
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Beautiful car you got there. The family friend I bought my E92 from ended up taking the cash and buying a GTR. I definitely agree with you about the interior. He sorely misses the quality of the M3 interior compared to the Nissan.

Although with his tune, the 600whp kind of makes up for it :-)

-Collin-
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 04:00 PM   #6
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Sweet car, congrats!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 04:51 PM   #7
Jaw
Rep
Drives: Z4m roadster

Thanks all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeSax View Post
Beautiful car you got there. The family friend I bought my E92 from ended up taking the cash and buying a GTR. I definitely agree with you about the interior. He sorely misses the quality of the M3 interior compared to the Nissan.

Although with his tune, the 600whp kind of makes up for it :-)

-Collin-
heh funnily enough on my first real drive, I came across a GTR and had a 'what if...' moment, We ended up hitting some mountain roads at speed, assuming it was stock but he didn't pull away like I expected. Road driving so not pushing the limits so not really a good indicator (or I guess - maybe it is), but when we caught up he said he actually found it a bit dull on the road. I kinda figured if I do miss the power, I might go FI as she has low miles so would be a good candidate

I kind of want a car with that sort of power to be uncompromising, no back seats, balls out fun - ultimately I want a gallardo or a viper as a long term buy so will save it for that one day and then in the meantime I'm currently building a supra which I'm hoping for around 600rwhp, so it didn't make sense to get a GTR which I know I'd end up modding

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothy2001 View Post
Welcome and congrats on the purchase. I just don't get tired of looking at pictures of our cars, thanks for posting them up.

Side note, been to the Porsche dealership twice in the past six weeks or so just to scratch that itch and never drove one for various reasons. Posts like yours make them less attractive so thanks.
Me either, I always say if you don't look back at a car when walking away, you bought the wrong car - and I can't stop staring at the M3 hehe. Don't get me wrong, I love my 911 - but being so modified it means I'm usually babying it around - but then to really fall in love with it I had to find one that had been modified (x51, gemballa exhaust, coilovers,wheels, bodykit, tune etc) so it was sort of a catch 22! I had a cayman for a weekend which was fabulous but the lack of engine drama didn't sell it to me.

I'm loving the fact that I can hit the M button and it sharpens up everything - I know if you listen to the likes of top gear the suspension makes no difference, but I like a stiffer ride and feel like it does help around the bendy stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Very nice! Great find!

I love the v2 electronic steering wheel, I have it on both M3s
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Dat steering wheel
Cheers - I'm in love with the wheel! such a minor thing but makes it feel very special (the kid in me loves the LED's lighting up when you start the engine and when in track mode they act as shift lights) Actually laugh out laugh downshifting through some turns, sliding on the way out and then having the shift lights flashing.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 07:16 PM   #8
Bemo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3 LRP Edition

Congratulations, sweet ride that will give you many many happy (s)miles
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      06-25-2018, 12:59 AM   #9
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I have a jet black 2011. Hard to keep clean but when it is clean it looks so freging mean! Nice looking car man!
      06-25-2018, 02:55 AM   #10
Joe S
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Competition Package

Nice! I have a similar one
      06-26-2018, 12:51 AM   #11
Sales@wheelsdc.com
Major General
United_States
Rep