BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Europe (Continental)

12-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #1
chopper817
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: SOLD : 2011 135i

WTB: E92 or E90 M3 In Germany

Like the title reads.. Im looking to get into a 2010-2012 E92 or maybe E90 M3. I live in Germany, so buying it here would be best, although but to going maybe one of the neighboring countries to get it, just depends.

If you have one for sale or are thinking about selling yours, that Includes YOU service member or civilian contractor with the US spec M3.

Thank you for your time.

Chopper

Last edited by chopper817; 12-01-2014 at 02:17 PM.. Reason: Spelling error
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2014, 05:15 AM   #2
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

How much are you looking to spend? I recommend private party, and can link you to a few that I know of for sale in Germany right now. Dealers around here will rape you on US Spec M3's. There are a couple 2012 models in the K Town area right now from dealers in the $50,000 range. Private party is the way to go, and there are a few on Bookoo in the low $40's. I just picked mine up in Graf a little over a month ago for $44,500, but I think I overpaid a few thousand.

Bottom line, now is both a bad time, and a good time to buy. M3's are few and far between in the winter months, but when you do find one, no one wants them this time of year, so you can usually get them for cheaper than in the summer.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #3
chopper817
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
How much are you looking to spend? I recommend private party, and can link you to a few that I know of for sale in Germany right now. Dealers around here will rape you on US Spec M3's. There are a couple 2012 models in the K Town area right now from dealers in the $50,000 range. Private party is the way to go, and there are a few on Bookoo in the low $40's. I just picked mine up in Graf a little over a month ago for $44,500, but I think I overpaid a few thousand.

Bottom line, now is both a bad time, and a good time to buy. M3's are few and far between in the winter months, but when you do find one, no one wants them this time of year, so you can usually get them for cheaper than in the summer.

Thank you for the reply. I havent been getting on here so much because work has me out in the middle of no where and my internet is lacking!

But, I do have a few questions.... now with these US speck vehicles,they are in US price in $ not Euro,... can I buy one from lets say Pentagon out by K town and buy it in US dollars?... and not pay an import tax?... you see, Im am an expat living here, but dont have axcess to the perks that I use to have with the tax free purchasing that I use to have.

I am very interested in hearing any leads on these cars as I am looking and waiting on the right one to pop out so I can snatch it up!

I have been mainly looking on mobile(dot)de for them.
      12-17-2014, 11:46 PM   #4
chopper817
Private First Class
Germany
Rep

Oh yeah, and to answer another question you presented. I would like to spend no more than about €40k or I guess that would be about $50k. I don't need a US spec. So maybe a German vehicle might be better?
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #5
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

The local Military dealers like Pentagon sell in USD (I am pretty sure). I bought mine private party, but I sold my Mercedes to Patriot Military Auto and they paid me and did the entire transaction in USD, and everytime I see these places ads they are in USD. I don't believe they deal in Euro.

As far as whether or not you could by a US Spec car without paying import taxes, I am not sure and won't even try to make an intelligent guess. My instincts tell me that yes, you would have to pay an import tax, but maybe someone else can answer that question.

Here are a few M3's that I know of for sale in Germany within your price range, all US Spec. I don't know of any Euro spec M3's for sale (and I suspect they would be higher in price than a US Spec, assuming you can get it tax free) as I was only considering US Spec when I was looking.

http://ramstein.bookoo.com/i/50331469 (Dealer sale, and very overpriced IMHO)
http://spang.bookoo.com/i/50764308 (Private sale, seems to be an excellent deal)
http://ramstein.bookoo.com/i/50538760 (Dealer sale, and the guy that is selling it is a complete and total asshole. I would avoid him, this car (based on price) and this dealership at all costs, but that's just me)
http://graf.bookoo.com/i/50223886 (Private sale, a little high in price IMHO. Might be worth it to somebody if the aftermarket parts came with it at that price, but they don't)

Wish I could be more help, but those are the only ones I am aware of (there may be more, but I didn't feel like looking anymore).
Appreciate 0