BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

EXXEL Distributions

06-29-2020, 11:27 PM   #45
phara0h
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3 6MT

My seats are quite clean, so I haven't had to use a cleaner thus far, but I've been using Leather Honey Conditioner and it's been pretty good. It's a PITA to put on because it's quite thick and sticky, but if you leave it in the garage or set it in the sun for a couple minutes it thins out and goes on like a dream. Lather it on decently thick and leave it over night and then wipe off the next day and the leather loves it.

Unfortunately, my driver's seat lost a lot of its matte finish from earlier life, but this seems to be keeping the leather very hydrated without any oily residue.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 06:17 PM   #46
e92BMW///M3
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Just applied the leatherique rejuvenator earlier this morning and itís killing me to wait. Some parts (headrests) seemed to Ďspotí a little bit as it absorbed, normal?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2020, 10:35 PM   #47
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92BMW///M3 View Post
Just applied the leatherique rejuvenator earlier this morning and it's killing me to wait. Some parts (headrests) seemed to 'spot' a little bit as it absorbed, normal?
Yes, reapply as needed so there's a layer of oil on top of the leather. I let it sit for 3 days, checked it once or twice a day to see if I needed to reapply oil. After about 24-36hrs, the leather seems like it's gotten its full and no more reapply is needed.
Appreciate 1
      07-02-2020, 07:23 PM   #48
e92BMW///M3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
Yes, reapply as needed so there's a layer of oil on top of the leather. I let it sit for 3 days, checked it once or twice a day to see if I needed to reapply oil. After about 24-36hrs, the leather seems like it's gotten its full and no more reapply is needed.
Thanks. This is what I did but glad to hear itís not out of the norm.

I was always in the camp of Ďmy interior is cleaní, but doing this brings a whole new level. Thank you to everyone in this thread for the motivation to actually do this after having the supplies for some time. Now I have to do my X5M also.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 07:46 PM   #49
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92BMW///M3 View Post
Thanks. This is what I did but glad to hear it's not out of the norm.

I was always in the camp of 'my interior is clean', but doing this brings a whole new level. Thank you to everyone in this thread for the motivation to actually do this after having the supplies for some time. Now I have to do my X5M also.
I had Leatherique sitting on a shelf for literally years before I used it.

When you go to wipe it off, it'll take some back and forth between warm water, the pristine clean, and a dry microfiber. You're not done until you get all of the sticky residue off.

Some suggest skipping the pristine clean and just using warm water but I haven't tried that myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2020, 07:54 PM   #50
e92BMW///M3
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
I had Leatherique sitting on a shelf for literally years before I used it.

When you go to wipe it off, it'll take some back and forth between warm water, the pristine clean, and a dry microfiber. You're not done until you get all of the sticky residue off.

Some suggest skipping the pristine clean and just using warm water but I haven't tried that myself.
Yes I skipped the pristine clean based on the advice on here, and it took a few passes of warm water towel and dry microfiber to get it all off. Itís dark now so tough to tell and Iíll probably do a once over in the AM but even now the results are great. Never thought the steering wheel would look like this again, and the bolsters also.
Appreciate 0