BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

12-06-2016, 01:38 AM   #1
romemmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (F82)

Block with pistons

Hi all,

Looks like part # 11110036844 from BMW is "block with piston" for the S65. Does anyone by any chance have a part listing of exactly what's in the box? I'm assuming block, pistons, crank, bearing caps, and OEM bearings. Does it include anything else?

Just weighing options...

Thanks!

S.
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 07:47 AM   #2
Leonardo629
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

According to the diagram, it contains just the block and all the fasteners and gaskets. Pistons and crank and what not are sold separately.

Best to call a dealer to find out, I assume at best it comes with pistons since it's "Engine block with piston"

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_4110
Appreciate 0
      12-06-2016, 10:23 AM   #3
romemmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (F82)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo629 View Post
According to the diagram, it contains just the block and all the fasteners and gaskets. Pistons and crank and what not are sold separately.

Best to call a dealer to find out, I assume at best it comes with pistons since it's "Engine block with piston"

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/show...diagId=11_4110
Thanks Leonardo. I would call the dealer, but typically they have no idea and just stare at the diagram with you trying to work it out.

I assume it does come with pistons too, but I found it odd that it would come with pistons and not the crank/rods.. unless it's not installed already (i thought they might have included it fully assembled, which would require the crank and rods).

If it's literally the pistons in a box, then why not sell them separately - unless the pistons are manufactured as a matched pair for the cylinders....

Thanks!

S.
Appreciate 0