BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

10-21-2007, 02:43 AM   #23
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

Option Pricing Estimates

So, everything without "(est.)" was pulled DIRECTLY from the E92 335i off BMWUSA.com.

This was simply an exercise. It should be close. A couple points of estimate reasoning...

1. Extended Leather : EL is 50% more expensive than non-EL on the German website (hense $1450 x 1.5). And assuming the Novillo leather is similar to the 335i's Dakota leather.
2. 19" wheels : $1500 est. based off other wheel upgrades - 335i 19" style 230 for $1000 and X5 4.8i 20" style 214 for $950. High perf. tires should push the price from there.
3. Moonroof : $0 upgrade for the Coupe and maybe $1050 (E46 3-series price) on the sedan (since no standard CF roof on the E90).
4. Enhanced Premium Sound : taken from the M5.
5. Electronic Damping Control : this was a total guesstimate. There's no real previous point of reference that I know of in previous years.
6. ZTP Technology Package : Sum of the individual parts while assuming some small pkg disc.
Attached Images

Last edited by REP1KRR; 10-21-2007 at 03:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 03:12 AM   #24
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by REP1KRR View Post
So, everything without "(est.)" was pulled DIRECTLY from the E92 335i off BMWUSA.com.

This was simply an exercise. It should be close. A couple points of estimate reasoning...
Good work and nice estimates. Since we don't have sh1t for pricing nor options prices yet this is about all we can do. However, don't you think the assumption that an given option will cost the same on the M3 as the 335i is a bit flawed? Does a given option on a 5 series cost the same as the same option on the M5?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 03:31 AM   #25
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Backwards

What is Comfort Access?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 03:40 AM   #26
REP1KRR
My other car is a Scooter'ia
Rep
Drives: M3 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Good work and nice estimates. Since we don't have sh1t for pricing nor options prices yet this is about all we can do. However, don't you think the assumption that an given option will cost the same on the M3 as the 335i is a bit flawed? Does a given option on a 5 series cost the same as the same option on the M5?
Yup, I thought about that - and option prices DO carry for individual items to the M's (M5 v. 550i, M6 v. 650i, M Coupe v. Z4). Power seats, NAV, Airbags, Comfort, HUD, Sunshades, HD radio, Sirius, iPod, etc. Individual option does carry the same price within the series (M or not). And since packages are just bundles of options, then the theory should hold true.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 04:28 AM   #27
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Great

Quote:
Yup, I thought about that - and option prices DO carry for individual items to the M's (M5 v. 550i, M6 v. 650i, M Coupe v. Z4). Power seats, NAV, Airbags, Comfort, HUD, Sunshades, HD radio, Sirius, iPod, etc. Individual option does carry the same price within the series (M or not). And since packages are just bundles of options, then the theory should hold true.
Well then I update MO from "good" to "great". I am not much of an expert on many BMWs outside of Ms but I did figure this would not be the case. Thanks for all the research that shows it is and that I am wrong. Your numbers are probably even closer than I initially thought.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 04:51 AM   #28
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stahlgrau View Post
What is Comfort Access?
CA is basically keyless operation of the car. don't need to press any buttons to lock/unlock the doors, don't need to put the key in the slot to start the engine. it is for lazy people...but is a nice option to add. but is it worth 500 to not have to press a button?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 04:55 AM   #29
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

btw, awesome job REP1KRR...although i'll bet metallic paint is more like 550 or 600 considering that they are unique M colors (not that it really matters in the scheme of things). i'm going for 1450 on EDC and 1250 for 19" upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 05:10 AM   #30
Bmwboy018
Rep
Drives: Waiting for e92 M3

front pdc

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmtclimber View Post
okay found proof. i'm sure there are a million more pics out there with front PDC, but this one was already on my computer. wonder if that will be changing or if US is only getting PDC rear? any thoughts?????
As I stated previously, I dont think that the US market will get front pdc because of amber add ons. Have a look at M3 in Toronto and you will see, it obviously affects range of pdc. Main place is back, but is a pity, sorry guys.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 05:19 AM   #31
Bmwboy018
Rep
Drives: Waiting for e92 M3

WD93? Should be WD92

Quote:
Originally Posted by estesew View Post
Got this from my friendly dealer today. They pulled it from their online ordering system.

Enjoy...

Attachment 107141
Have any of you noticed the 93, standing for convertible version, this does not look like correct info that Bmw has given you, it looks as though it was edited off the convertible 3 series package, I would double check this, something rather odd to call the M3 coupe a WD93, wich would imply it a convertible. Just wanted to make you all aware. It is WD92
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 07:01 AM   #32
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Exclamation

Quote:
CA is basically keyless operation of the car. don't need to press any buttons to lock/unlock the doors, don't need to put the key in the slot to start the engine. it is for lazy people...but is a nice option to add. but is it worth 500 to not have to press a button?

I really don't know where some of you get off posting from a totally uninformed position.
Here are the basics of Comfort Access. An option I had in the past and I will ALWAYS pay for, especially for a measely 500 bucks. It is just one of the little things that separates this "level" of car from the "pack". If I am going to pay this kind of money for a car I want as many things on it that separate it from the boy racer wannabe's rods as possible. Just my opinion. You can get remote unlock on a Yaris I would guess, but ask them for CA...not a chance. If you wanna click your remote along side the kid in the Civic parked next to you, go for it.

First thing is, drop the remote in your pocket and forget it's there if you like, you won't be needing it much if ever.
Jump in, push Start, go for a drive, return home. Jump out, touch the little pad on your door handle with any finger after closing the car. Click, you're done, all locked up. After awhile, return to your car, the remote communicates with the car, it's a proximity device. When you get close to the car, the car knows it. Just pull the handle, the car pops open as you pull, voila, you're in , push Start, and you're off.
Another detail...got groceries to put in the trunk? Car all locked up? Trunk locked? No problem. Again, as you approach the car, the car knows you are there, just press an electronic pad under the trunk and pull up on the trunk and it opens.
Call it lazy, call it what you want. But I used those features daily and felt CA of all the options was more than worth the cost.
I feel sorry for all the poor saps that get talked out of this option or others by "purists" or whoever. Don't mean to rag on anyone imparticular here, but you really do your fellow Bimmer admirers / owners a disservice by not explaining why you take a particular stand on some issue. Comfort Access cannot be added later so be wise and think carefully before ordering without. There is one drawback. You will find that you use the remote so rarely that when you valet park, you will almost always forget to insert the key fob into the dash or hand it to the attendant.
Good luck.
      10-21-2007, 07:39 AM   #33
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post

I really don't know where some of you get off posting from a totally uninformed position.
Here are the basics of Comfort Access. An option I had in the past and I will ALWAYS pay for, especially for a measely 500 bucks. It is just one of the little things that separates this "level" of car from the "pack". If I am going to pay this kind of money for a car I want as many things on it that separate it from the boy racer wannabe's rods as possible. Just my opinion. You can get remote unlock on a Yaris I would guess, but ask them for CA...not a chance. If you wanna click your remote along side the kid in the Civic parked next to you, go for it.

First thing is, drop the remote in your pocket and forget it's there if you like, you won't be needing it much if ever.
Jump in, push Start, go for a drive, return home. Jump out, touch the little pad on your door handle with any finger after closing the car. Click, you're done, all locked up. After awhile, return to your car, the remote communicates with the car, it's a proximity device. When you get close to the car, the car knows it. Just pull the handle, the car pops open as you pull, voila, you're in , push Start, and you're off.
Another detail...got groceries to put in the trunk? Car all locked up? Trunk locked? No problem. Again, as you approach the car, the car knows you are there, just press an electronic pad under the trunk and pull up on the trunk and it opens.
Call it lazy, call it what you want. But I used those features daily and felt CA of all the options was more than worth the cost.
I feel sorry for all the poor saps that get talked out of this option or others by "purists" or whoever. Don't mean to rag on anyone imparticular here, but you really do your fellow Bimmer admirers / owners a disservice by not explaining why you take a particular stand on some issue. Comfort Access cannot be added later so be wise and think carefully before ordering without. There is one drawback. You will find that you use the remote so rarely that when you valet park, you will almost always forget to insert the key fob into the dash or hand it to the attendant.
Good luck.
davo, i'm not writing from an uninformed position. i have CA on my 335i. it does exactly what i said it does in my first post. you said the exact same thing as i did and we both gave our opinions. it is for lazy people. i am lazy. touching the pad under the trunk is the same as touching the key fob except you don't have to get it out of your pocket. heaven forbid you put the groceries on the ground for a second. i like CA because you can just get in the car and go and i think it is worth it for 500. but 500 isn't "measely" to everybody and that is why i posed the question that each person needs to answer for themselves.

calm down.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 07:56 AM   #34
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:

1. Extended Leather : EL is 50% more expensive than non-EL on the German website (hense $1450 x 1.5). And assuming the Novillo leather is similar to the 335i's Dakota leather.
2. 19" wheels : $1500 est. based off other wheel upgrades - 335i 19" style 230 for $1000 and X5 4.8i 20" style 214 for $950. High perf. tires should push the price from there.
3. Moonroof : $0 upgrade for the Coupe and maybe $1050 (E46 3-series price) on the sedan (since no standard CF roof on the E90).
4. Enhanced Premium Sound : taken from the M5.
5. Electronic Damping Control : this was a total guesstimate. There's no real previous point of reference that I know of in previous years.
6. ZTP Technology Package : Sum of the individual parts while assuming some small pkg disc.
I think you are low on your ZTP estimate. I'm thinking navigation would be more like $2500, and EDC $1500-$1750, and MDrive $750. So the package price would be $4000-$4500?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 09:03 AM   #35
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo2003 View Post
It is just one of the little things that separates this "level" of car from the "pack". If I am going to pay this kind of money for a car I want as many things on it that separate it from the boy racer wannabe's rods as possible. Just my opinion. You can get remote unlock on a Yaris I would guess, but ask them for CA...not a chance. If you wanna click your remote along side the kid in the Civic parked next to you, go for it.
Hmm, maybe because it's called "smart key" at Toyota. And yes, that's also available on some Yaris models.

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 09:09 AM   #36
the_stranger
Captain
India
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
Why? Are you people really considering passing up the package that include M-Drive?!?! ZTP is all you really need!
no, i didnt mean that. I really want the ZTP. but if premium sound was in it, the price of the package would shoot up. so, i am glad its not in it and I can take it.

2008 e92 M3 6MT AW/BLACK (SOLD)
2009 e92 M3 6MT AW/FR
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 09:10 AM   #37
the_stranger
Captain
India
Rep
Drives: e92 M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan6470 View Post
is 752 Enhanced Premium Sound the same as Logic 7?...or is it something different?
Its not Logic7. It's 850 Watts BMW individual sound system. Logic7 is standard.

2008 e92 M3 6MT AW/BLACK (SOLD)
2009 e92 M3 6MT AW/FR
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 10:27 AM   #38
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Quote:
davo, i'm not writing from an uninformed position. i have CA on my 335i. it does exactly what i said it does in my first post. you said the exact same thing as i did and we both gave our opinions. it is for lazy people. i am lazy. touching the pad under the trunk is the same as touching the key fob except you don't have to get it out of your pocket. heaven forbid you put the groceries on the ground for a second. i like CA because you can just get in the car and go and i think it is worth it for 500. but 500 isn't "measely" to everybody and that is why i posed the question that each person needs to answer for themselves.

calm down.
Okay I understand you, I just thought your first post was an over simplification of an otherwise great option.
You've never seen me upset.

J/K
      10-21-2007, 10:58 AM   #39
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:

calm down.
Sorry, but I agree with Davo. His description of this option is in the right context - added convenience.... not as you negatively denote, laziness. As he said, for relatively little money (compared to the overall price that you are paying for this car, and the fact that CA is one of the least expensive options on the list - excluding $0 of course) you get a lot of day-to-day convenience from this option. I love it. It is one the best items on the options list. It really makes the interaction with my BMW much more enjoyable. CA forever!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 10:59 AM   #40
ObD
Rep
Drives: -

Quote:
Where is blue-tooth?!
Included in the BMW Assist Option.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 11:04 AM   #41
carnuts3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 535i

Quote:

calm down.
Sorry, but I agree with Davo. His description of this option is in the right context - added convenience.... not as you negatively denote, laziness. As he said, for relatively little money (compared to the overall price that you are paying for this car, and the fact that CA is one of the least expensive options on the list - excluding $0 of course) you get a lot of day-to-day convenience from this option. I love it. It is one the best items on the options list. It really makes the interaction with my BMW much more enjoyable. CA forever!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 11:17 AM   #42
SD330i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Silver 330i

Quote:
Again nice job REP1KRR. I kind of did the same thing you did and came to the same conclusions so I would say this is pretty accurate. I didn't want to say anything because I thought it might be to obsessive, but heck its nice there are others out there like me.

can someone confirm what the carbon leather is? I am assuming CF trim, no?
      10-21-2007, 11:36 AM   #43
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD330i View Post
can someone confirm what the carbon leather is? I am assuming CF trim, no?
I belive its on the MZ4 no? Its leather with a CF-like texture.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2007, 11:41 AM   #44
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Why? Are you people really considering passing up the package that include M-Drive?!?! ZTP is all you really need!
Yep. No ZTP here.

Why? Because its not on my current M3, and I like it just fine. MDrive will be very cool, no doubt, but I won't miss it. Nav, I don't need, EDC I don't need. I just want a new M3 with a V8 and the E9X body. Other than that, it can be exactly like my current car - thanks. I will get in the car, hit the sport buttton, hit the DSC button, and go.

Again, CA is available ad hoc on every single other car that BMW sells (that has CA available, that is - I dont' think the Z4 does). Its just unfathomable that they would not allow it for the M3 also.
Appreciate 0