BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

EXXEL Distributions

04-11-2010, 05:45 PM   #1
oct1285
Captain
Rep
Drives: Out of warranty

window glitch

Is anybody experiencing a glitch with their front window? This is what has happened to me several times now. I have both my windows down (e92) I park, shut off my car and bring up both windows all at roughly the same time. The car shuts off and my windows starts to come up but for some reason my drivers side window decides to go up for a little bit then come back down. I raise the drivers side window again and there's a noticeable delay in the action. Sometimes it'll even go up on it's own a little bit then come back down, when the window finally becomes un-possessed, everything goes up like it should.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
quality_sound
8 tracks of madness
United_States
Rep
Drives: Slowly

Sounds like the pinch protection is being activated.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2010, 07:17 PM   #3
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Why don't you let the windows get all the way up while engine is running? If nothing happens, problem solved. And your battery is going to thank you for that .
Appreciate 0