BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

12-07-2016, 12:40 PM   #23
cmo_93
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyattearp View Post
This happened to my car this morning. Although the car was not shaking it just had reduced power as I rolled into a parking spot. I can't afford to leave my car in its current location over night, but I am hesitant to drive it also. I have an appointment Thursday and I can leave the car in my garage until then.

Just curious, for those who have had this happen, shut the car off and the malfunction went away, were you able to drive again or did the warning come back almost immediately. Or is it recommended that I just get it towed? I have about 30-40mi of driving to get it home then to the shop on Thursday.

Cheers,
It got me another 10 miles or so then did it again. Then i restarted again and went a day or so without issue. Then the next morning (cold weather) it did it over and over so I had it towed to BMW.

Replaced TA's under warranty. No issues since.
Appreciate 1
      11-18-2018, 12:51 PM   #24
cjpavao
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '09 E90 M3

bump for an old thread, this just happened to me as I took the car out for a Sunday drive before it goes away for the winter.

shut it off and it doesn’t clear, it’s idling higher and can’t accelerate much. nursing it over to the shop now and will find out tomorrow morning. wah.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2023, 07:28 AM   #25
bearantics
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw m3

can someone help me m knocking but then stopped shortly after

after doing a 2nd gear and 3rd gear pull it started pulled over and filmed a clip for a friend https://www.youtube.com/shorts/8o-tiQhZbpg
engine light came on, can't remember word for word what it said but car was in reduced power mode, it said it was okay to drive the car moderately bur go to a bmw garage and service the car, drove the car home a mile and how way through the sound stopped, took a 2nd video when i got home https://www.youtube.com/shorts/GRcWQUuuYcM
haven't tried to start the car, seen a video of the ac compressor knocking and once he takes the belt off it stops, but i checked and the belts fine
Appreciate 0