BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-24-2019, 10:02 AM   #1
aaron604
Rep
Drives: 2009 e93 / 2009 3500 duramax

Dead idrive

Had my 2009 in to the dealer for the following recall
Recall # 2019-310
Recall Date: 8/12/2019
Power Supply System

Not long afrer my idrive went red then showed a screen that said BMW with limited functionality and finally now it will not turn on and is completely dead.

Does anyone know the specifics of this recall and what it was designed to mitigate? I dont really believe in coincidence.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2019, 12:58 PM   #2
mapster37
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

basically during the recall a new end is spliced into the power cable that feeds the front fuse box (located behind the glove box)
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2019, 12:06 AM   #3
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
So shortly after my recall was performed my alternator died. I've read about 5 posts like this where folks have had failures of some sorts after this work was performed. I was declined any goodwill repairs because they stated "owner registered last battery replacement incorrectly" as their reported reason. I registered my battery properly but I didn't argue with my rep because I wasn't in the mood to point out bullshit. On another prior BMW dealer visit my water pump failed after a coolant and all hose replacement. They acknowledged it was in working order prior to the service and replaced it for free much to my appreciation. My point is you may want to calmly express your events as they happened "post service" to them and see what they say. You'll get more with sugar than you will with vinegar (moms circa 1977-1996). Good luck!
      09-08-2019, 06:16 PM   #4
aaron604
Rep
Drives: 2009 e93 / 2009 3500 duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
So shortly after my recall was performed my alternator died. I've read about 5 posts like this where folks have had failures of some sorts after this work was performed. I was declined any goodwill repairs because they stated "owner registered last battery replacement incorrectly" as their reported reason. I registered my battery properly but I didn't argue with my rep because I wasn't in the mood to point out bullshit. On another prior BMW dealer visit my water pump failed after a coolant and all hose replacement. They acknowledged it was in working order prior to the service and replaced it for free much to my appreciation. My point is you may want to calmly express your events as they happened "post service" to them and see what they say. You'll get more with sugar than you will with vinegar (moms circa 1977-1996). Good luck!

Hey thanks for getting back to me! They fixed it at no cost to me. Couldn’t have asked for better service from the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2019, 12:41 PM   #5
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron604 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post

Hey thanks for getting back to me! They fixed it at no cost to me. Couldn’t have asked for better service from the dealer.
That's great! Glad they took care of you man! I'd keep that dealer as my service provider at this point for things you don't do yourself.
      09-25-2019, 03:06 AM   #6
G-Lo408
El Eme Tres!
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

I have the same problem but mine started before the recall. Any chance you know what they did? Replaced? Fixed?