BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-26-2019, 07:58 AM   #23
Drifter2090
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 | E92 335i | E90 335d

Congrats on the car! Had the same colour combo on my 335, loved it!
SS2-FR E90 M3 6MT / IND / AFE / ActiveAutowerke - SOLD
AW-FR E90 M3 DCT / ACM / IND / AutoTecknic / K&N / H&R / Bilstein - SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2019, 03:49 PM   #24
Space Fox
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 Space Grey e92 M3 ZCP

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
After much deliberation I went ahead and bought and installed the M Performance rear spoiler this weekend. Actually very happy with the results. Much more muscular look to the back of the car, happy I went OEM as the match to the carbon roof and fitment are perfect.

Will probably end up buying a V2 style diffuser at some point as well to finish off the back. Have a set of double-wall brushed steel tips laying around that I need to install as well - not a fan of the single wall black/purple/green Meghan Racing tips that she came with.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 07:02 AM   #25
Thik
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 Space Grey E92 M3 6spd

Add a tint. The best $300 you can spend on any car.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2019, 09:11 AM   #26
Space Fox
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thik View Post
Add a tint. The best $300 you can spend on any car.
I have debated this as well as I do live in Florida. I have had tint on virtually every car I have owned. A couple factors I've considered - 1. Those damn bubbles atop the rear window on these cars. I've had it done on my 335i I previously owned and no one could get it right.
2. I am fairly certain it will be virtually impossible for a tint installer to access the rear quarter windows and rear window through the roll cage occupying the back seat lol
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2019, 09:32 AM   #27
Space Fox
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Had some fun romping around Tampa Bay back roads with my buddy and his new M4 this weekend. Happy with how the tips/spoiler came out. Will likely end up buying a V2 diffuser as well to complete.

Appreciate 1
akkando5860.00
      01-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #28
Space Fox
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Some updates:

Installed aFe Stage II Carbon Intake - love the induction noise and how it looks in the engine bay. I probably wouldn't have bought it if it had not been on black Friday sale for $320.

Also installed Alpine Stage I ECU software and GTS DCT tune. The DCT tune is remarkable - easily one of the best mods I've done so far. Engine software I assume has improved performance but honestly it's difficult to tell.

Lastly, installed spacers over the weekend - 12mm up front and 10mm in the back. I love the fitment as it fills out the wheel wells beautifully. I am trying to stay OEM+ where possible so I steered away from the aggressive 18/15 most run. I am running in to some steering vibration at ~80mph however.. I was careful to clean hubs, wheels, and rotor hat prior to installing but still having issues. I removed the fronts last night after work and noticed some of the anti-seize I used coated the back of the spacer - I re-cleaned the spacer and rotor hat of anti-seize and it helped but still some vibration. Time to remove the rear and do the same tonight. Crossing my fingers this resolves my problem as now I'm in love with the way the car sits...

and of course some pictures:

Almost forgot - I ran the car down at Sebring in November for a PCA event. The car ran incredibly well. I replaced the brake lines with Stoptech stainless steel braided lines, new race brake fluid, Stoptech Sport pads, and a GTS alignment. No brake fade, pad deposits, or rotor warp. Very happy with how she performed. Will be back down at Sebring for another event in a month or so. What a car!

Getting close to where I want the car for the time being. Want to add something to the interior.. I like the idea of a new steering wheel but haven't found one I love. I like the idea of alcantara but hear it's terrible here in Florida. Toying with the idea of replacing my shift boot and e-brake handle with M-stitching to match the OEM steering wheel.
Appreciate 3
      01-15-2020, 06:34 PM   #29
jun_e92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Beautiful car! Like my car, I have a black and fox red interior. I bought it 3 years ago. I spent more than $ 10,000 on throttle actuators, brakes, DCT suspension, tires, Valve cover gasket Kit, Change M-DCT Fluid, Transmission mounts, spark plugs, idle speed control, guibo, Carbon fiber steering wheel, carbon fiber side skirt. Replacement of the S65 rod bearing, except for the rod bearing was done by Sonic Motorsport. I do it all by myself. I learned a lot here. Also spent a lot of money.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2020, 07:38 PM   #30
Evo13
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '13 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantp View Post
Some updates:

Installed aFe Stage II Carbon Intake - love the induction noise and how it looks in the engine bay. I probably wouldn't have bought it if it had not been on black Friday sale for $320.

Also installed Alpine Stage I ECU software and GTS DCT tune. The DCT tune is remarkable - easily one of the best mods I've done so far. Engine software I assume has improved performance but honestly it's difficult to tell.

Lastly, installed spacers over the weekend - 12mm up front and 10mm in the back. I love the fitment as it fills out the wheel wells beautifully. I am trying to stay OEM+ where possible so I steered away from the aggressive 18/15 most run. I am running in to some steering vibration at ~80mph however.. I was careful to clean hubs, wheels, and rotor hat prior to installing but still having issues. I removed the fronts last night after work and noticed some of the anti-seize I used coated the back of the spacer - I re-cleaned the spacer and rotor hat of anti-seize and it helped but still some vibration. Time to remove the rear and do the same tonight. Crossing my fingers this resolves my problem as now I'm in love with the way the car sits...
Looks great, congrats! What brand spacers did you go with? Only asking because I too am thinking about throwing spacers on my new to me M3 and did a lot of research, but I think Im gonna go with the Future Classic Wheel Spacers after watching Obsessed Garages install video.

Also, I read on here 10mm spacers should not used as they dont fit properly.

(source: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...84&postcount=5)

Last edited by Evo13; 01-15-2020 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: format
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2020, 08:23 PM   #31
LakeSurfer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: bicycle

Quote:
Some updates:

and of course some pictures:

Almost forgot - I ran the car down at Sebring in November for a PCA event. The car ran incredibly well. I replaced the brake lines with Stoptech stainless steel braided lines, new race brake fluid, Stoptech Sport pads, and a GTS alignment. No brake fade, pad deposits, or rotor warp. Very happy with how she performed. Will be back down at Sebring for another event in a month or so. What a car!

Getting close to where I want the car for the time being. Want to add something to the interior.. I like the idea of a new steering wheel but haven't found one I love. I like the idea of alcantara but hear it's terrible here in Florida. Toying with the idea of replacing my shift boot and e-brake handle with M-stitching to match the OEM steering wheel.
Hey man, as stated I'm in Tampa as well. You've heard correctly about the Alcantara steering wheel. I absolutely hate it. I've cleaned it twice in six months because it gets so dirty and ugly looking. Now it's starting to wear out and get "pilly" like a winter sweeter. It sort of ruins the look of the rest of the car and my interior is near immaculate. It is more grippy than leather but only when it's spotless. I'd just do leather and wear gloves on track days for better grip.

Where you at Reeves motorsports cars and couple a couple weeks ago?

-Mark.
Appreciate 1
Space Fox1042.00
      01-16-2020, 09:39 AM   #32
Space Fox
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jun_e92 View Post
Beautiful car! Like my car, I have a black and fox red interior. I bought it 3 years ago. I spent more than $ 10,000 on throttle actuators, brakes, DCT suspension, tires, Valve cover gasket Kit, Change M-DCT Fluid, Transmission mounts, spark plugs, idle speed control, guibo, Carbon fiber steering wheel, carbon fiber side skirt. Replacement of the S65 rod bearing, except for the rod bearing was done by Sonic Motorsport. I do it all by myself. I learned a lot here. Also spent a lot of money.
Well..that's quite a bit of work! I'm sure I'll get to most of those myself at some point. Car is just about to eclipse 46k miles so I'm not too concerned with most of the major maintenance items at this point. Throttle actuators will be replaced as they go out, probably looking to do spark plugs and rod bearings along w/ motor mounts in another 10k miles or so (I've had multiple BlackStone oil analyses performed). I do have the drive shaft clank when moving from forward to reverse or from stop in to gear. I assume this is why you swapped the guibo? Did it alleviate the problem? I've seen others simple open up the drive shaft joint and lube and it works just as well. My DCT is starting to weep also - I'm sure a fluid/pan change is in my future. Oh the joys of M ownership. I will say 8,400 rpm is worth every bit of it! P.S. Love the fox red on black with this spec. Was worried it was too loud at first but wouldn't have it any other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo13 View Post
Looks great, congrats! What brand spacers did you go with? Only asking because I too am thinking about throwing spacers on my new to me M3 and did a lot of research, but I think Im gonna go with the Future Classic Wheel Spacers after watching Obsessed Garages install video.

Also, I read on here 10mm spacers should not used as they dont fit properly.

(source: https://www.m3post.com/forums/showpo...84&postcount=5)
Thank you! I went with Macht Schnell. Seems to be the consensus. 10mm spacers shouldn't be the issue as they have their own hub centric lip. 5mm is where I've heard issues begin as they lack their own lip. With that being said plenty are running 5mm spacers on the EAS thread w/ no issues and the GT4 M3 comes equipped w/ 5mm spacers from the factory although I believe that car uses studs as opposed to lugs. I did remove the rear wheels and clean the anti-seize off of the spacer/reinstall last night. I took the car out for a quick zip and it seems to have alleviated nearly all of the vibration. I still feel a bit but it could be because I'm hyper focused on any steering feedback. Will report back on whether or not the problem is gone - it seems a completely clean mating surface is vital. Considering going the stud conversion route for the hell of it as well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeSurfer View Post
Hey man, as stated I'm in Tampa as well. You've heard correctly about the Alcantara steering wheel. I absolutely hate it. I've cleaned it twice in six months because it gets so dirty and ugly looking. Now it's starting to wear out and get "pilly" like a winter sweeter. It sort of ruins the look of the rest of the car and my interior is near immaculate. It is more grippy than leather but only when it's spotless. I'd just do leather and wear gloves on track days for better grip.

Where you at Reeves motorsports cars and couple a couple weeks ago?

-Mark.
Yes I was. I frequent the Reeves and DuPont Registry Cars and Coffee's. The photo w/ the blue M4 CS was from Festival of Speed last weekend also.
Good to know about the alcantara - I'll steer away from it (pun intended). I don't know who convinced the car community that adding carpeted surfaces was a tasteful mod to begin with
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 12:00 PM   #33
jun_e92
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Beautiful car! Like my car, I have a black and fox red interior. I bought 48,000 miles 3 years ago. Throttle actuator, brake, DCT suspension, tire, Valve cover gasket Kit, Change M-DCT Fluid, Transmission mounts, Differential Fluid, spark plug, idle speed control, guibo, Akra Rear Section, carbon fiber steering wheel, Afe Power DRY S Air Filter Carbon fiber side skirt. Replacement of the S65 rod bearing, except for the rod bearing was done by Sonic Motorsport. I spent more than 10,000 dollars to buy it all by myself. I learned a lot here. Also spent a lot of money. The car is now 79k.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 02:41 PM   #34
SRB_Mpower
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
I have debated this as well as I do live in Florida. I have had tint on virtually every car I have owned. A couple factors I've considered - 1. Those damn bubbles atop the rear window on these cars. I've had it done on my 335i I previously owned and no one could get it right.
2. I am fairly certain it will be virtually impossible for a tint installer to access the rear quarter windows and rear window through the roll cage occupying the back seat lol
Window Kote in St. Pete (34st 38th av) does an excellent job on tint and they give lifetime warranty - transfers to the new owner. I have tinted all my cars there and never had an issue.
Appreciate 1
Space Fox1042.00
      01-16-2020, 05:36 PM   #35
jun_e92
Second Lieutenant
Rep

It changed a lot with the guibo, but there was still a little noise when the brakes stopped. I saw a little gap in the middle joint of the drive shaft. My DCT started crying, located on the side of the transmission.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2020, 08:47 PM   #36
Hagasan41
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 ///M3, 1999 E36 ///M3

Welcome and congrats man! Space Grey and Fox Red is so timeless. Of course I’m not biased. LOL
Appreciate 1
Space Fox1042.00
      02-02-2020, 12:07 PM   #37
GotV8?
Captain
Rep
Drives: Jerez E92 M3 ZCP "12"

Garage List
Welcome to the club, congrats on the nice find, I have same intake paired with my Eventuri CF plenum!!! Enjoy your journey with your Mods.
Appreciate 1
Space Fox1042.00
      02-03-2020, 08:47 AM   #38
Space Fox
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotV8? View Post
Welcome to the club, congrats on the nice find, I have same intake paired with my Eventuri CF plenum!!! Enjoy your journey with your Mods.
Ugh the Eventuri plenum is so tempting! I just don't think I can justify the cost..

I posted in some other threads but thought I'd update here as well. I finished install of the M-tri stitching on the OEM DCT boot and e-brake boot to match the OEM steering wheel tri-stitching. Fun project and I'm stoked on how it turned out. One of my favorite mods to date - really pulls together the interior.

Appreciate 1
PACarGuy646.00
      02-24-2020, 10:46 AM   #39
Space Fox
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2012 BMW M3 ZCP  [0.00]
Keeping the small details train rolling with some missing/broken OEM replacement parts and little touches to finish the exterior.

IND painted key hole cover