BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-03-2018, 08:31 PM   #89
JBR
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3, 2016 Porsche GT3

Cgoldie I'm sorry... tune out everything JAYBLS says. Congratulations on your success and I wish you all the best.

JAYBLS I have lost brain cells as a result of reading your comments. You're a complete and utter asshat. Don't degrade someone else's success.

Here's something that will really get under your skin... I'm 24 years old and have 3 cars (E92 M3, Porsche Cayenne GTS, E90 335i). All are paid for in cash that I earned from an eCommerce business. Go ahead and lecture me and degrade my success based on what you believe to be contributing factors. I'll keep on selling while you run your big worthless mouth.
Appreciate 6
BOOF-M34451.50
Ngilbe361618.50
NoHedge67.50
KPop148.00
      01-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #90
srmast1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 6mt AW m2

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
It does seem odd that a "firm" of any kind would work with a 13 yr old unless there were family ties, friendship ties, or the other partner just saw some serious potential in the kid OR maybe he is just naturally, exceptionally gifted at what he has been doing. Maybe the OP is a genius/prodigy type of person. It does happen.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 09:11 PM   #91
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Why does it matter how one can afford the car? Why do you care so much about it?

Would it make JAYBLS mad that basically my insurance company paid for my car?
      01-03-2018, 09:36 PM   #92
Silverstoneorspacegray
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Wow this was some read but the moral is JAYBLS is oooooozing jealousy, it’s cringey. His success is somehow less valid thanks yours? Also these are almost 10 year old cars that sell for $30k, we aren’t talking about you tubers buying lambos, give us all a break.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 09:47 PM   #93
ItsGary
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverstoneorspacegray View Post
Wow this was some read but the moral is JAYBLS is oooooozing jealousy, it’s cringey. His success is somehow less valid thanks yours? Also these are almost 10 year old cars that sell for $30k, we aren’t talking about you tubers buying lambos, give us all a break.
Leasing lambos*
      01-04-2018, 01:31 AM   #94
srmast1
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 6mt AW m2

Garage List
2008 Audi A4  [0.00]
2019 Acura MDX SH-AWD  [0.00]
2011 e90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsGary View Post
Why does it matter how one can afford the car? Why do you care so much about it?

Would it make JAYBLS mad that basically my insurance company paid for my car?
I don't care. I was just stating that it is odd or unique that someone in high school/college would have the cash to buy a 2013 m3, without wealthy parents and gave a potential reason for it (prodigy). More props to him since he seems to have done it all himself. Thats pretty awesome actually. OP is a big boy (and probably quite intelligent) I'm sure he can defend himself.

Last edited by srmast1; 01-04-2018 at 01:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 05:50 AM   #95
JAYBLS
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 coupe

I guess this reminded me why I stay off forums. You morons deserve each other.

I have no idea how anyone could correlate my posts with jealousy. Why would I be jealous of someone when I have what they have? I'm simply tired of all the bullshit. I'm tired of the Gary Vaynerchuks of the world getting away with taking advantage of the less privileged and uninformed.

I'm happy for people who are fortunate...right up until they claim it's because they're smarter and harder working than everyone who isn't fortunate. I'm horrified that there are so many idiots who let the fortunate get away with claiming responsibility for the luck they have.

I consider myself fortunate and I didn't get anywhere near the opportunity the OP got (less than 5% of the population gets that lucky and even less get that lucky that young). That doesn't make me jealous in the slightest bit, although I'm certain I haven't seen the last post in this thread accusing me of jealousy. I don't think anyone could possibly accuse me of not having worked hard in my life (Army enlisted for over 5 years is pretty much impossible to get away with not working hard). I have a genius IQ (I'm sure those who have picked the "side" in opposition to anything I say will find that impossible to believe, but it's true). I am educated in business and have experience in several fields. I know how stuff works, whether you care to believe that or not.

Getting rich is a product of blind dumb luck. Everyone wants to believe it's a product of hard work, dedication, and other things that have equal access to everyone. This is just not true, but lies people want to be true are easy to sell. It doesn't even make any sense. If everyone had access to money it would lose its value, obviously! Hard work doesn't differentiate the financially successful from the poor; there is a huge number of working poor who have worked harder in an hour than any fincially siccussful person has worked in any week of their life and they will never have what the OP has (or what I have). That's not their fault just as much as it isn't the OP's or my fault for being fortunate.

I'm not a millionaire, but I'm perfectly fine. My life is pretty okay. I'm not jealous of the OP because he has more than me because he doesn't. I don't have any specific beef with the OP: I have beef with all the fortunate people who tell unfortunate people that they could be fortunate if they were to just work hard and be dedicated or whatever nonsensical, off the shelf advice they give to make themselves feel better about their "accomplishments." Financial success is not an indication of achievement, it's an indication of LUCK. Hard work is not a differentiator, it is a GIVEN.

But hey, you suckers keep believing the lies. Keep believing I'm the asshole. It's honestly no skin off my back, ultimately.

Last edited by JAYBLS; 01-04-2018 at 07:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 06:38 AM   #96
JAYBLS
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharbag View Post
Given the average purchase price of an M3 is close to the average US FAMILY INCOME ($59K) is in a year, I would question the validity of your statement above. No one who owns an M3 should judge how others spend their money. Judge not lest ye be judged and all that.

OP: good on ya for liking cars. Never ever feel bad about where you come from. That was not your choice. Make the most of life, be a good person, give back to those who deserve when you can. And, most importantly, burn off as many sets of tires as possible on your journey through life!!

As for the haters? Ignore them, cause haters will hate. Such is life.

Snoochy boochy!!
Huh?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 06:48 AM   #97
Silverstoneorspacegray
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

Garage List
2009 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBLS View Post

I have no idea how anyone could correlate my posts with jealousy. Why would I be jealous of someone when I have what they have? I'm simply tired of all the bullshit. I'm tired of the Gary Vaynerchuks of the world getting away with taking advantage of the less privileged and uninformed.

I'm happy for people who are fortunate...right up until they claim it's because they're smarter and harder working than everyone who isn't fortunate. I'm horrified that there are so many idiots who let the fortunate get away with claiming responsibility for the luck they have.

I consider myself fortunate and I didn't get anywhere near the opportunity the OP got (less than 5% of the population gets that lucky and even less get that lucky that young). That doesn't make me jealous in the slightest bit, although I'm certain I haven't seen the last post in this thread accusing me of jealousy. I don't think anyone could possibly accuse me of not having worked hard in my life (Army enlisted for over 5 years is pretty much impossible to get away with not working hard). I have a genius IQ (I'm sure those who have picked the "side" in opposition to anything I say will find that impossible to believe, but it's true). I am educated in business and have experience in several fields. I know how stuff works, whether you care to believe that or not.

Getting rich is a product of blind dumb luck. Everyone wants to believe it's a product of hard work, dedication, and other things that have equal access to everyone. This is just not true, but lies people want to be true are easy to sell. It doesn't even make any sense. If everyone had access to money it would lose its value, obviously! Hard work doesn't differentiate the financially successful from the poor; there is a huge number of working poor who have worked harder in an hour than any fincially siccussful person has worked in any week of their life and they will never have what the OP has (or what I have). That's not their fault just as much as it isn't the OP's or my fault for being fortunate.

I'm not a millionaire, but I'm perfectly fine (and I most likely will be in the not so distant future). My life is pretty okay. I'm not jealous of the OP because he has more than me because he doesn't. I don't have any specific beef with the OP: I have beef with all the fortunate people who tell unfortunate people that they could be fortunate if they were to just work hard and be dedicated or whatever nonsensical, off the shelf advice they give to make themselves feel better about their "accomplishments." Financial success is not an indication of achievement, it's an indication of LUCK. Hard work is not a differentiator, it is a GIVEN.

But hey, you suckers keep believing the lies. Keep believing I'm the asshole. It's honestly no skin off my back, ultimately.
We're all impressed
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 06:51 AM   #98
JAYBLS
Private
Rep

Quote:
We're all impressed
You're obviously just jealous.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 06:53 AM   #99
DSilk
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 Coupe

Garage List
2015 Jaguar XJ  [0.00]
2015 Jaguar XF  [0.00]
2014 VW GTI  [0.00]
2008 BMW M3 Coupe  [0.00]
2007 VW Passat 2.0T  [0.00]
These on line arguments over who has what and how they got it are patently absurd. Anyone can claim ANYTHING on line and ther is little way to know if it is true or false, so the best course is to avoid these discussions. In my experience, people who have money don't talk about it, and those who do have more insecurities than cash.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 08:19 AM   #100
Ab28
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3/E39 M5/128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYBLS View Post

I have no idea how anyone could correlate my posts with jealousy.

Getting rich is a product of blind dumb luck.

Hard work is not a differentiator, it is a GIVEN.
Your posts were not only filled with jealousy, but they came off so incredibly hostile it was like you had it out for the OP.

It's interesting that you think getting rich is "a product of blind dumb luck"
No one is inferring a lottery winner here.

Scenario:
Person A and Person B are otherwise equal short of person B not working as hard as person A.
Both have access to the same resources, same health, same schooling, etc...

Person A WORKS HARD at creating connections, understanding and learning more about his field, and continues on in what he thinks is the right direction. Person B is playing video games all day in his dorm room.

When Person A gets hired by a company with healthy pay, benefits, and good retirement plans it might seem like he's lucky, but you cannot refute it was hard work that landed him the job. If it was left to blind dumb luck, person B wouldn't still be looking for work. And when the company of Person A gets bought out, it was because the employees and management worked HARD for it. Plenty of crappy companies are still out there with no hopes of being acquired. I don't understand how this isn't getting through to the 140+ IQ points you claim to have.

People who "work easy" and watch the clock strike 5 and dash out the door live a mediocre life at best.
Appreciate 1
BOOF-M34451.50
      01-04-2018, 08:33 AM   #101
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I am jealous. I wish I had a genius IQ.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 08:37 AM   #102
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoldie187 View Post
I started working at a marketing firm when I was 13, became a "partner" at 14 (there were only two of us, so not that big of a deal). Age made no difference as it was all over the internet. I started selling websites on a forum and through some connections I made, met the people who would be the guys who showed me the ropes and ended up hiring me.

I set aside my college funds, have a retirement fund, and have various investments. I paid cash for my M3 because you live once and I never want to drive a boring car.

Since I started working I saved every single penny I made. Drove a 20 year old truck. Decided it was time to spoil myself with a nice car as I would watch YouTube videos of M3's for motivation everyday.
These juvenile financial success stories are rare enough to merit question, but do exist. There is a 6 year old who makes millions reviewing toys on utube.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 08:38 AM   #103
DSilk
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 Jaguar XJ  [0.00]
2015 Jaguar XF  [0.00]
2014 VW GTI  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
I am jealous. I wish I had a genius IQ.
Count your blessings. Ted Kaczynski had a genius IQ, and look where it got him!
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 08:49 AM   #104
JAYBLS
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat77 View Post
Your posts were not only filled with jealousy, but they came off so incredibly hostile it was like you had it out for the OP.

It's interesting that you think getting rich is "a product of blind dumb luck"
No one is inferring a lottery winner here.

Scenario:
Person A and Person B are otherwise equal short of person B not working as hard as person A.
Both have access to the same resources, same health, same schooling, etc...

Person A WORKS HARD at creating connections, understanding and learning more about his field, and continues on in what he thinks is the right direction. Person B is playing video games all day in his dorm room.

When Person A gets hired by a company with healthy pay, benefits, and good retirement plans it might seem like he's lucky, but you cannot refute it was hard work that landed him the job. If it was left to blind dumb luck, person B wouldn't still be looking for work. And when the company of Person A gets bought out, it was because the employees and management worked HARD for it. Plenty of crappy companies are still out there with no hopes of being acquired. I don't understand how this isn't getting through to the 140+ IQ points you claim to have.

People who "work easy" and watch the clock strike 5 and dash out the door live a mediocre life at best.
You are obviously very young and/or not paying attention to reality. I've heard plenty of stories about people working hard to get ahead, but I've seen no real examples. You WANT your scenario to be how it works, but it doesn't work that way.

I'm done though. You guys are now likening me to serial killers and somehow I'm the one "being hostile." Ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 09:03 AM   #105
DSilk
Major
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 Jaguar XJ  [0.00]
2015 Jaguar XF  [0.00]
2014 VW GTI  [0.00]
Quote:
Your first post in this thread was that OP couldn't have worked hard because he was likely sleeping in his parents mansion and working at his parents business. None of which turned out to be true. And again this is all over how outrageous you seems to think it is for a college kid to own a 5 year old used car.
Why are you gentlemen (and I wish that I didn't have to use the term loosely) arguing over this garbage? WHO CARES? The OP noted that he was on break from college and suddenly the diatribe begins. It isn't as though he made comments concerning anyone else that required any response. The fact that he felt it necessary to justify his ability to drive an M3 speaks to the insecurity and immaturity of youth, which is to be expected. Why adults (who should know better) choose to get involved in this discussion is beyond me.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 10:39 AM   #106
McSwine
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

This thread...

Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #107
GT3fan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90m

Quote:
Your first post in this thread was that OP couldn't have worked hard because he was likely sleeping in his parents mansion and working at his parents business. None of which turned out to be true. And again this is all over how outrageous you seems to think it is for a college kid to own a 5 year old used car.
I agree. Buying a used m3 is no more financially challenging than purchasing a new Toyota Camry.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #108
New2Roundel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Some fun stuff

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG2M3 View Post
I agree. Buying a used m3 is no more financially challenging than purchasing a new Toyota Camry.
Sure, if you're talking about an e36 or e46. My car was quite a bit more money than a fully loaded 2018 Camry XSE. Just say..our cars, in good shape are not cheap. And Lord help you if you want a Lime Rock edition car. If you want a 2008, high mileage car, then sure, you can spend low 30s on the car. That's not the type of M3 I'd be interested in, personally.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #109
Ngilbe36
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3, 2019 F150

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by New2Roundel View Post
Sure, if you're talking about an e36 or e46. My car was quite a bit more money than a fully loaded 2018 Camry XSE. Just say..our cars, in good shape are not cheap. And Lord help you if you want a Lime Rock edition car. If you want a 2008, high mileage car, then sure, you can spend low 30s on the car. That's not the type of M3 I'd be interested in, personally.
Not to be a stickler, but high mileage '08s are in the high teens.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 01:34 PM   #110
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

yeah...my car is in excellent shape past the century mark...mileage is not an accurate reflection of true condition and used prices are no reflection of value IMO, just of cost. I love my car to death and I am tickled pink if something happened to it I could find a relatively similar one for less than a new Civic Si, but I'd spend $50k on a used one too if I had to. I've had it since new (coming up on its 10th bday), have driven it to 104,000 miles so far and still wouldn't trade it for anything, not even the same car with less mileage. These cars are now a legit bargain and there's little to nothing for sale at any price that can be a direct replacement for my stick sedan, *maybe* the ATSV and F80.

Last edited by Richbot; 01-04-2018 at 01:49 PM..
Appreciate 1
ItsGary1457.50