BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM

07-25-2018, 10:54 PM   #155
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Any way to get a warranty for used e92 that was purchased private party?

Easycare isn't available in CA, or so they told me over the phone.

I tried a zillion ways to get through to Assurant but they don't seem to directly sell their warranty, so that seemed like a lost cause. I'm not a USAA member.

I can get one through my local credit union but it's like $8k through Mercury Insurance.

I also called a few other companies with no luck.

Anyone have success in this field? I'm striking out.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2018, 11:04 PM   #156
Mterested
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post

I tried a zillion ways to get through to Assurant but they don't seem to directly sell their warranty, so that seemed like a lost cause. I'm not a USAA member.

I can get one through my local credit union but it's like $8k through Mercury Insurance.

What's your year and mileage? I have an 09 e92 with just over 60k miles now. I am a USAA member and just got a quote for kicks. The longest term offer from Assurant through USAA was 36mo/36k miles for $4500. I like to DIY, so I decided when I purchased the car that I wouldn't get a warranty. I can pay someone to do rod bearings and do throttle actuators myself as preventive maintenance and still come out ahead. It is great peace of mind, but for those that are most worried about rod bearings, a warranty won't cover an elective service and no one wants to wait until their motor fails...
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 09:44 AM   #157
SoCalRPM
Captain
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mterested View Post
Quote:

What's your year and mileage? I have an 09 e92 with just over 60k miles now. I am a USAA member and just got a quote for kicks. The longest term offer from Assurant through USAA was 36mo/36k miles for $4500. I like to DIY, so I decided when I purchased the car that I wouldn't get a warranty. I can pay someone to do rod bearings and do throttle actuators myself as preventive maintenance and still come out ahead. It is great peace of mind, but for those that are most worried about rod bearings, a warranty won't cover an elective service and no one wants to wait until their motor fails...
2011 e92 ZCP DCT. 59k miles. TA done (only one I think, unfortunately). Prob would use the money on RB instead of warranty if I go that route. Plenty of other stuff to break, though!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 01:47 AM   #158
kyippee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Supra MK5, F44 235GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarosus View Post
What is the difference between Fidelity Gold Plus and Platinum plans?
Is it worth it to buy Platinum or gold plus cover pretty much all?
Check their site for details
http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices....cle-protection

It'll have to be a personal decision on coverage vs. price when it comes to selecting which tier.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2018, 11:45 AM   #159
yarosus
Yaro
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpewpew View Post
Check their site for details
http://www.fidelitywarrantyservices....cle-protection

It'll have to be a personal decision on coverage vs. price when it comes to selecting which tier.
Thanks!
I saw it and so far what I understood the only difference that Platinum cover all what gold plus + iDrive, speakers and headlights.
Thinking maybe it covers something else or I am missing something..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2018, 12:42 PM   #160
NeverL8
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:

I was just on the phone with bmw of Encinitas and they do offer easycare bmw warranty
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2018, 03:55 AM   #161
kantonstilez
Registered
Rep
Drives: honda odyssey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamen View Post
I've got one of the four coverage plans(Primarycare) through Easycare, and I am familiar with them. Got mine through the BMW dealership, that I bought the car from.

https://easycare.com/vehicle-service-contracts/
Do you know if easycare "platinum" warranty covers throttle actuators, and Rod berrings? I have that right now from previous owner but it's almost up so I would like to know before renewing it.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #162
beemerb0y
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

looking for experience specifically with safeguard... Anyone have a repair get denied by safeguard? please explain what happened and why.

Looking at a completely stock 2012 coupe, dct, that has safeguard platinum w/$100 deductible.. it was a 7yr/100k plan that cost about $4k (purchased by the 2nd owner when they bought the car from the dealer) and there is about 2 years left on it

biggest concern is if it covers the dct, rod bearings, etc.. being a 2012 i think im in the safe, but you never know

any feedback appreciated
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2018, 11:53 PM   #163
osukf09
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3 ZCP

Quote:

I did this two years ago and it was tough even then to find coverage for an M in California. Try finding a dealer that provides Fidelity warranty. Someone mentioned Akshay recently, who provided my Fidelity warranty remotely from VA. Worked well. Believe it was BMW of Richmond
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 07:52 AM   #164
shimmy23
F15 daddymobile
Rep
Drives: GS X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansin View Post
Just called USAA and they no longer provide extended warranties. As of Late Sept/early Oct.
Wow that sucks!
      11-09-2018, 12:18 PM   #165
kevin85
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Akshay Mahale from Richmond BMW got promoted, the new person in charge of warranty is Shashank Dharanendra, his email is sdharanendra@crownauto.com, cell: 804-346-0812. He just got me a quote for 2016 M3, good deal.
Appreciate 0