BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

08-15-2011, 09:18 PM   #1
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

evolve-R Remote Tuning now Tuner Protected ready

Hi Guys,

evolve-R Update!

One of many updates over the next few months for you.

We have now implemented the protocols for the flashing of tuner protected BMW software versions 170E, 190E.... 220E.

This was previously not available because we were not at all happy with the time is was taking to write to the ECU (45mins+) and were a little concerned with the test proceedures at the end of the flash process. The tuner protected versions do have additional test proceedures to 140E and before.

For this reason we had chosen to roll back to 140E but shown on a few occasions that flashing tuner protection was already a possibility with evolve-R

So now, we are flashing all tuner protected versions to a standard which we are very happy with.

Major Key Features:
- Flashing time is less than 5 mins! (yes, five)
- Test Routines in accordance with BMW factory flashing tools
- Have as many tunes as you want
- Ability to flash back to stock at any time

At the moment, no other tool can flash this quickly and we are using a unique process. You don't really need battery chargers or voltage stabilisers but we still recommend them just incase you have a slightly weak battery.

For those who had to revert back to 140E, please email us and we will supply you with updated software and a flash so you can remain with the tuner protected (or not so tuner protected) version. This will not incur any charges.

Next updates will be about DTC's and datalogging which will make the evolve-R cable more than just a flashing too but a complete diagnostics cable also.

Thanks for reading!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

yep thanks to sal i am doing mine right now as i type this. may be first in north america with this tuner protected file kinda cool.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 09:41 PM   #3
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
yep thanks to sal i am doing mine right now as i type this. may be first in north america with this tuner protected file kinda cool.

Sorry Chris - I beat you to it!! ... I got the tune from Sal this morning and it loaded within four minutes!! I now have 190E tuner protected ECU with the latest Evolve tune and the car feels great!!!!!!!

Thanks Evolve and Sal!!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 09:44 PM   #4
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

well i have the 220E so i have more current programing. are you catless with stage 2? i had my top speed limit removed, rev limit raised to 8600, kept cold start and removed my cel for cats missing.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 09:45 PM   #5
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Very impressive! I'm still on the "old" software from 2008, but my dealer could flash me at anytime. My wife's 328 got totally wiped and updated for a headlight malfunction - haha. Great to know I won't have any issues if this does happen.

Congrats on making it so quick - that is really cool!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 09:46 PM   #6
w00tw00t
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MW M4

Quote:
well i have the 220E so i have more current programing
Nice! .. did you try driving around yet? I went for a short spin this afternoon and the car felt really good. I'll get an Akra Evo soon and get the Stage 2 ..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 09:48 PM   #7
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

nope just finished the download but have had the nontuner protected evolve tune in place over the weekend not much is changed in my tune but the rev limit raised and the cold start reinstated. now i gotta fix my exhaust leak on my challenge and im dialed in.

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 10:29 PM   #8
kitw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F91 M8, 991.2 GT3

hot!

DSC_3369 by Kit W, on Flickr
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 10:35 PM   #9
JerryK73
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue Coupe

@Sal are cables available for the US yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 10:49 PM   #10
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Any Dyno numbers yet ?
Very interested to compare to other Tuners out there,A Bone stock car with a baseline run,add the tune and Dyno again.would be awesome to see that.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2011, 11:16 PM   #11
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

because i can switch between stock tune and evolve tune i could do dyno both ways. i do have other mods though so wouldnt give the full story. primarily the cat delete. would be a pain to take out the exhaust and reinstall between runs. my exhaust leak is partially fixed so much less noise confusing me thinking its faster cause of that. it is for sure quicker in the upper ranges especially but even down lower at 4000 i bet im making 25 more hp and about 40hp at 8000. its usable and noticable.

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 12:14 AM   #12
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

any thoughts on where to pick up more power its addictive. seems not much left other than small gains besides sc kit.

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 07:28 AM   #13
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
because i can switch between stock tune and evolve tune i could do dyno both ways. i do have other mods though so wouldnt give the full story. primarily the cat delete. would be a pain to take out the exhaust and reinstall between runs. my exhaust leak is partially fixed so much less noise confusing me thinking its faster cause of that. it is for sure quicker in the upper ranges especially but even down lower at 4000 i bet im making 25 more hp and about 40hp at 8000. its usable and noticable.
It would be easier to perform that on a stock car to see the real gains.tunes take advantage of all the added mods and you feel the gains more than just tuning a bone stock car.
Im sure theres someone on the forums thats got a bone stock E9X M3 and is willing to test a couple of tunes but heres the question " WOULD EVOLVE CONSIDER SENDING SOMEONE A TUNE AT NO CHARGE TO TEST AND DYNO VS OTHER TUNES AND IF THE CUSTOMER IS SATISFIED EVOLVE WILL GET PAID?"
May be Sal can help out with this question !
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 10:50 AM   #14
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
It would be easier to perform that on a stock car to see the real gains.tunes take advantage of all the added mods and you feel the gains more than just tuning a bone stock car.
Im sure theres someone on the forums thats got a bone stock E9X M3 and is willing to test a couple of tunes but heres the question " WOULD EVOLVE CONSIDER SENDING SOMEONE A TUNE AT NO CHARGE TO TEST AND DYNO VS OTHER TUNES AND IF THE CUSTOMER IS SATISFIED EVOLVE WILL GET PAID?"
May be Sal can help out with this question !

Where we come from that's regarded as calling us out my friend.

You see, if we ignore you... we backed out
If we say no..... we backed out

There will be enough independent tests done in time anyway so I am sure you will get the answers soon enough.

Best thing to look at is our track record and in the USA that's over on M5board and M3forum.net

We quote 20+ hp on a V10 M5, independant tests show that or more
We quote 15-20hp on E46 M3, plenty of independent tests on dynojet's showing atleast that.
We quote 12hp on E39 M5, all independent tests show way way more!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 12:19 PM   #15
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal@Evolve View Post

Where we come from that's regarded as calling us out my friend.

You see, if we ignore you... we backed out
If we say no..... we backed out

There will be enough independent tests done in time anyway so I am sure you will get the answers soon enough.

Best thing to look at is our track record and in the USA that's over on M5board and M3forum.net

We quote 20+ hp on a V10 M5, independant tests show that or more
We quote 15-20hp on E46 M3, plenty of independent tests on dynojet's showing atleast that.
We quote 12hp on E39 M5, all independent tests show way way more!
Not at all Sal,i respect your product and your hard work,dont want this to sound like im calling you out in any way but based on other threads regarding the comparo between your tune and others out there i figured it would be nice if you accept what i posted and once again i'm not calling you out and i apologize if it sounded that way,just trying to make it easier for others to find info for what they are looking for and it will be posted up with Dyno Charts on the Dyno Data Base.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
MRSSIIM3
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 SO

wait i want this file wtf??
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 01:45 PM   #17
flipm3
E46 + E90 + F80
Rep
Drives: E46 + E90 + F80

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2002 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Any Dyno numbers yet ?
Very interested to compare to other Tuners out there,A Bone stock car with a baseline run,add the tune and Dyno again.would be awesome to see that.
Provided timing and scheduling works out, I will be doing dynos on our 100% E90 M3. Then I will flash with Evolve's tune and do more dyno runs with that. I was hoping to find someone with a VBOX to also do acceleration tests, but I'm not sure how likely that will be.

I can't wait
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 02:34 PM   #18
Cal@Sonic MS
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw

Awesome stuff Sal, you guys never cease to deliver results
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 03:12 PM   #19
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal@Sonic MS View Post
Awesome stuff Sal, you guys never cease to deliver results
Thanks Cal!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 03:20 PM   #20
Sales@Evolve
Rep

Quote:
Not at all Sal,i respect your product and your hard work,dont want this to sound like im calling you out in any way but based on other threads regarding the comparo between your tune and others out there i figured it would be nice if you accept what i posted and once again i'm not calling you out and i apologize if it sounded that way,just trying to make it easier for others to find info for what they are looking for and it will be posted up with Dyno Charts on the Dyno Data Base.
My comment was meant in jest so don't worry.

We don't really want to get into comparisons with other tuners. As you have seen yourself it only leads to ill feelings and threads going completely out of control.
We know our product works and the guys using it all feel the difference which is realistic. We are one of the very very few tuners that have our own test facility along with a very good understand of how an engine actually works.

We could enter into a competition but this would only be 1 result for everyone to go on. Rather we prefer the reputation grows organically and a large number of results are shown. Some will be a little less on a dyno, some way more and some in the middle. You can then draw a line between them all and work out for yourself the average gain and repeatability which is way more valuable.

I hope this approach you agree is the better one.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 05:00 PM   #21
lve2xlr8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Awesome news! Just ordered!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #22
lukester
First Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Looking forward to get my tune back from you guys tomorrow....hopefully it's already the new version...;-)
Appreciate 0