BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-10-2021, 08:34 PM   #1
Shan75
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2009 (MY10) BMW M3 E90

(FS) 8 x NGK U5118 Coil Pack (for S65)

Hi Guys,

Finally hunted down some coil packs. Took a while. Bought an extra set.

Only place to get the real deal locally atm is from BMW, and my last independant (BM Tech) wanted to charge me close to $300 a piece. Yep.

To resolve my misfire issue, I swallowed a bitter pill and bought one, decided I personally did not want to be ripped off again. Made a decision to buy a set for myself.

We all know they should (ideally) be replaced at the same time (all 8 units)

I have been watching on and off the supply of these - sketchy (super sketchy) at best.

If you can find them, once you add importing fees, customs duties - the cost of buying NGK units these DOES add up - trust me on that. More than I thought.

Anyways - got a set here ready to go if anyone needs. Rather sell them complete - $200 a peice. $1600.00 for the set.

You dont like the price - feel free to order your own set. ; )

If you find yourself in the position I was and have the need to replace - a set is waiting.

Much cheaper than Mr. BMW or Indy will charge for the BMW item.

These NGK's have the BMW stamp on the top as well.

I am in ringwood VIC, but can post at buyers expense.

Cheers,
Shanan

Last edited by Shan75; 08-10-2021 at 08:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 01:57 AM   #2
Fezza
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: '11 Japan Red E92 M3

out of interest, did you come across Intermotor and Bremi (OE manufacturer I believe) brands when you were searching for a set?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2021, 09:04 PM   #3
Shan75
Enlisted Member
Rep

I looked high and low to be honest mate.

Part of my job finding things for my clients, so I know how to look for random products. Not sure Bremi were the OEM choice for the S65 either (I could be wrong though), but even so - you wont find them in stock either (even if they are still making them). I did look, but someone may have better luck?

I searched OEM SKU (and others), across multiple platforms and sites. IF you are expecting to be able to just reach out and buy coils (other than BMW direct) when you need them, then you are setting yourself up for dissapointment. Not sure if it is COVID related (pretty sure supply dried up pre-covid), but these are now items you need to have in your spare kit bag.

Whether you buy mine or get some elsewhere (if you can find them) would be wise to purchase some.

There is a reason used OEM coils are expensive and chinese coils are selling for $150. There is a problem getting these coils.

Just my two cents.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2021, 08:43 AM   #4
vincnet20
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

NGK's website had them in stock for a bit in the last couple of months before going out of stock again.

https://www.ngk.com/ngk-48729-u5118-ignition-coil
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2021, 09:40 PM   #5
Shan75
Enlisted Member
Rep

Still got these btw if anyone needs. Again - not available @ NGK. Happy to negotiate a little on price as well. Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 02:08 PM   #6
jessetyler97
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3, BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan75 View Post
Still got these btw if anyone needs. Again - not available @ NGK. Happy to negotiate a little on price as well. Cheers!
Still available?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 02:17 PM   #7
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
So do these NGK's work? Reason I ask is I bought 8 new and put them in. They worked until car came up to temp and I got errors on all 8. Cleared them with ISTA, restarted the car and they came back in 50ft. All 8 were in their boxes sealed with the little sticker. So the reason I'm asking is not to talk trash but I'd like to know. I took back my 8 NGK's and just raped my wallet for 8 new OEM coils as a result.
      07-30-2022, 02:28 PM   #8
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
So do these NGK's work? Reason I ask is I bought 8 new and put them in. They worked until car came up to temp and I got errors on all 8. Cleared them with ISTA, restarted the car and they came back in 50ft. All 8 were in their boxes sealed with the little sticker. So the reason I'm asking is not to talk trash but I'd like to know. I took back my 8 NGK's and just raped my wallet for 8 new OEM coils as a result.
Not sure when exactly the switch over happened, but NGK coil used to be great replacements, but something changed within the last year manufacturing wise and all the new ones are throwing errors.

My NGKs from Rock Auto in 2020 are going strong though. Glad I replaced them when I did.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2022, 05:18 PM   #9
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Not sure when exactly the switch over happened, but NGK coil used to be great replacements, but something changed within the last year manufacturing wise and all the new ones are throwing errors.

My NGKs from Rock Auto in 2020 are going strong though. Glad I replaced them when I did.
Yeah I believe NGK has issues with the knock sensing. My car drove just fine with the NGK's but the errors were consistent and I didn't want any trouble. It's a shame they don't work because the price is great.