BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

12-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #23
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by swartzentruber View Post
Not sure how the rear space is in the S3, but I have a Golf R, the S3's hatchback brother, and I honestly think there's more rear seating room than my M3. I've had some larger adults that fit in the back no problem. The space in the hatch is small, though; I can load a ton more in the M3's trunk unless I fold the R's seat down, so it seems they compromised the space there for somewhat more interior room, but for the dimensions, it's pretty crazy.
The rear seat is fine. Would I, a 6' 170lb adult want to be back there for a 12 hour road trip? No, but for going around town or short 1-2 hour drives it's pretty comfortable.

The trunk is indeed a bit small -- only about 10 cu ft IIRC. It's fairly wide, but the opening isn't very tall so you just need to be smart with how you pack it. Again, probably not ideal for getting four people and a week's worth of luggage to and from the airport, but for what my parents do, it's more than enough space.

Overall it's actually not much smaller than my 2005 Audi S4 was. The roofline is a bit lower, but overall I'd say it has about the same interior accommodations.
      12-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #24
djDori_C
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleC View Post
Love the S3s! The lines and proportions are perfect!
+1

Plus I own a B6 A4 as my winter car... Best snow car period, especially with the all time AWD!
Appreciate 0