BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

06-04-2013, 11:41 AM   #23
gapbound
Private
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogeM3 View Post
I can't compare it to the coupe, because I don't know anyone with one arround where I live. The shape of the trunk on the E93 is different than the coupe, but this spoiler falls into place on the trunk top edge perfectly! it almost fits by itself. I did not glue the center part of the spoiler, so you can see a gap, probably 1/8 of an inch or less, with the Betalink glue (super strong glue) you could definitely glue it if you wanted to, I had read somewhere not to do it, so I left it alone for now, if it bothers me, I'll glue the whole thing, but you can hardly see it at all, you have to lean down to a perfect angle to see it.
Is that the Performance Spoiler from BMW? Do you have any more pictures of the trunk?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #24
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Nice mod! Looks good. I have the same wheel and love it.

May I ask how to remove that center console. I have DCT and my lever pops a little bit when I pull on it sometimes, then it pops back in. Something is loose there and I need to tighten that up. I want my lever feel solid, if you know what I mean
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #25
Evolve Automotive
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 . E90 M3

very nice, love minor upgrades that just change the car
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 10:22 AM   #26
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
Nice mod! Looks good. I have the same wheel and love it.

May I ask how to remove that center console. I have DCT and my lever pops a little bit when I pull on it sometimes, then it pops back in. Something is loose there and I need to tighten that up. I want my lever feel solid, if you know what I mean

It's pretty easy, just remove the shift boot by pulling it up, you can try each corner by bending in and up, comes out pretty easy, then I pull out the iDrive. The start pulling up the console from the back where the arm rest is, I used a (old) ID card to pull it up (Id will get ruined) and a small screw driver wrapped with scotch's tape, I was very careful not to scratch anything or do anything fast, I took my time, and as I lift the console up I moved forward. Here is a video, to give you an idea, I don't like his method because he is to me, very sloppy taking things out, but look at the video to give you an idea on how the center console disassembles. DO not use metal to push up the center console, you will scratch it.

Hope it helps.

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 10:52 AM   #27
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gapbound View Post
Is that the Performance Spoiler from BMW? Do you have any more pictures of the trunk?
It is the original BMW Performance Spoiler. I don't have any more pics right now, but I'll take a few this weekend and reply back with them for you to see.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #28
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex@evolve View Post
very nice, love minor upgrades that just change the car
yep.... I love small details!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #29
gapbound
Private
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
It is the original BMW Performance Spoiler. I don't have any more pics right now, but I'll take a few this weekend and reply back with them for you to see.
Great. I also have a e93, so you did not have any issues with the fit"?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #30
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No man, not whatsoever, If anything I've gotten tons of compliments at work, more than my front spoiler. I bought the OEM Spoiler 'cause is right up top in the car, and I wanted the carbon to look perfect, and it looks beautiful.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #31
JLed79
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Fast, very very fast...

Dude, that wheel is just the cat's ass! Awesome! I must have one!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #32
info@trinityautosport
United_States
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

looking good =)
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 01:46 PM   #33
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3zon8 View Post
was it a DIY install? if so can you comment on install steps?
Really simple if you have a 6MT.... if you do, don't forget to disconnect the battery and follow the instructions from the link below STARTING from step 9, skip all the electronic stuff.

Nati Beastcat, on this forum, actually he is on this thread as well, point me to this link that was very helpful!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=242963

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #34
Detroit M3
Major
Rep
Drives: Murdered E92 M3

Sweet.
      06-05-2013, 11:27 PM   #35
thorny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
It's pretty easy, just remove the shift boot by pulling it up, you can try each corner by bending in and up, comes out pretty easy, then I pull out the iDrive. The start pulling up the console from the back where the arm rest is, I used a (old) ID card to pull it up (Id will get ruined) and a small screw driver wrapped with scotch's tape, I was very careful not to scratch anything or do anything fast, I took my time, and as I lift the console up I moved forward. Here is a video, to give you an idea, I don't like his method because he is to me, very sloppy taking things out, but look at the video to give you an idea on how the center console disassembles. DO not use metal to push up the center console, you will scratch it.

Hope it helps.

Thanks a lot. I actually dropped the car off at the dealership for an oil change and told them to look into my issue with the shift knob. So far they have told me "normal wear" (the car has 13000 miles), but supposedly SA submitted inquiry into BMW in New Jersey. Hopefully they'll do something about it. If they dont, i'll try to use the method.

Sorry for jacking the thread
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #36
fastmike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3

Quote:
No man, not whatsoever, If anything I've gotten tons of compliments at work, more than my front spoiler. I bought the OEM Spoiler 'cause is right up top in the car, and I wanted the carbon to look perfect, and it looks beautiful.
Please, post more pictures. I've been looking for an E93 spoiler. If this one fits, I'll get one
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #37
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorny View Post
Thanks a lot. I actually dropped the car off at the dealership for an oil change and told them to look into my issue with the shift knob. So far they have told me "normal wear" (the car has 13000 miles), but supposedly SA submitted inquiry into BMW in New Jersey. Hopefully they'll do something about it. If they dont, i'll try to use the method.

Sorry for jacking the thread
The dealership here in Knoxville, TN change my worn parts inside the car for FREE under the warranty, they changed the handle on the inside of the car (drivers sided) and the cover for the cupholders in the back seats that had scratches, also the iDrive knob that was loose, they put a new one. They told me the car warranty cover all worn parts! Grayson BMW, great service!!!! in case you want to fight that in NJ
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #38
PrometheusM3
Aquarian
United_States
Rep
Drives: LSB E92 M3

Looks good. What front lip do you have?
      06-07-2013, 04:54 AM   #39
///Mitch
Australia
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

love the wheel mate, can't wait to order mine now.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #40
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrometheusM3 View Post
Looks good. What front lip do you have?
This one:

http://www.jl-motoring.com/BMW_E90_E...p/bmfs9264.htm
Turner Stage 2 Engine Software | Turner Test Pipes (Front Cat Delete) | AA filter | Exhaust Mod | RPI RAM AIR INDUCTION KIT | AG M359 Wheels | A Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip | Matte Black Signals | BMW spoiler | BMW Alcantara Race Steering Wheel | BMW Matte Black front Kidney Grill l M3 Racing stripes
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #41
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtch
love the wheel mate, can't wait to order mine now.
Thanks!
Turner Stage 2 Engine Software | Turner Test Pipes (Front Cat Delete) | AA filter | Exhaust Mod | RPI RAM AIR INDUCTION KIT | AG M359 Wheels | A Style Carbon Fiber Front Lip | Matte Black Signals | BMW spoiler | BMW Alcantara Race Steering Wheel | BMW Matte Black front Kidney Grill l M3 Racing stripes
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #42
kwike92
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP

the wheel is jackpot city...nice mod.
      06-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #43
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
Please, post more pictures. I've been looking for an E93 spoiler. If this one fits, I'll get one
Here you go:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #44
RogeM3
Ultrasiete
United_States
Rep

Quote:
check out the pics of the spoiler I just posted above.

Appreciate 0