BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

09-12-2020, 10:16 PM   #1
genebike
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 335i

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Where to buy?

Good evening, I've posted in the classified section and regularly search Cars.com, Autotrader, and AutoTempest. I seem to see the same cars or types of cars. While all very nice they aren't what I'm looking for. E92 ZCP DCT with a Sunroof. Occasionally I see people post about "new to me" or "new owner" etc and They indicate they bought from somewhere/one I haven't heard of. Just curious if there are other places I should be monitoring. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2020, 11:02 PM   #2
Melbourn3
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 ZCP STRIPPER

You need to watch these forums like a hawk. Use auto tempest every day and you will find one. I found mine a few months into searching but an even better one popped up. So have cash ready and jump on the one, these cars are something special and more and more people are realizing.
Appreciate 2
Hawkaj23.00
      11-23-2020, 08:45 PM   #3
Mimmer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 13'

Garage List
2013 e92 m3  [0.00]
Yeah def need be proactive. When I looked for my spec I knew What i wanted it took 2 years .... basically wanted fully loaded and extended fox interior with certain miles. With it being older car it's going be even harder if low miles is on your check list. I would say finding 30-40k is pretty damn low and good. You will see some. 10-20k here n there but it's like a very small handful.

I ended up finding mines at a dealer in another state 🤷🏽*♂️
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2020, 04:35 PM   #4
former 240 s14
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 Comp E92 & 2008 E90 S65

Depends on what you overall are looking for, a DD or an potential investment.

I bought my first one from a dealer that specializes in M-Cars (EAG.) It's investment grade and I don't drive it often at all. I keep it with a friend who is a BMW Master Tech and he will drive it for me (I live out of state now) and will put a few hundred miles on it a year.

My other one I have I found on cars.com. I wanted a DD that I could also track to an occasional track day. I used all the links you spoke about but the required a certain level of documentaiton to limit my fears on mechanical issues. I was lucky to find a great car with the documentation, mileage, and specs I wanted.

Long story short is that you just need to be consistent with your search. Luckily you are looking for the higher produced model (E92 vs E90) which will help. Cargurus is also another great tool to use that can help streamline search times.

Good luck!

Rubin
Appreciate 0