BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis
 
BPM
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-16-2018, 01:45 PM   #111
derbo
Lieutenant
United_States
363
Rep
450
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
ROFL, fuck that. There's a mountain of better wualiry and readily available coilovers for our cars for less than that. Bilstein is basically giving a big F You to the E9X community with this and I will never buy another product of theirs again. Let our wallets speak.
Bilstiens is out of production for almost ALL their products due to supply chain changes. It isn't specific to us. We will see when they figure out their production setups...its been awfully long and like Dave07997S said, vaporware at this point.

The price of coilover is definitely not a reflection of Bilstiens but more of ECStuning as they own Turner as well. I rather just not buying from ECS/Turner anymore. Bimmerworld lists it at $3000 and some change. BavAuto has it for $28xx. But obviously its still OOS everywhere.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 07:26 PM   #112
TrickTizzle
Private
United_States
9
Rep
86
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
Bilstiens is out of production for almost ALL their products due to supply chain changes. It isn't specific to us. We will see when they figure out their production setups...its been awfully long and like Dave07997S said, vaporware at this point.

The price of coilover is definitely not a reflection of Bilstiens but more of ECStuning as they own Turner as well. I rather just not buying from ECS/Turner anymore. Bimmerworld lists it at $3000 and some change. BavAuto has it for $28xx. But obviously its still OOS everywhere.
Turner can go suck a d!ck ... Price gouging isnít cool. For that amount of money, Iíd rather consider a Dinan coilover setup with OE shocks.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 11:17 PM   #113
derbo
Lieutenant
United_States
363
Rep
450
Posts

Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
Turner can go suck a d!ck ... Price gouging isnít cool. For that amount of money, Iíd rather consider a Dinan coilover setup with OE shocks.
The worse part was that Turner used to be good until ECS decided to make changes to their business.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2018, 11:40 PM   #114
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
379
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: El Segundo, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
Turner can go suck a d!ck ... Price gouging isnít cool. For that amount of money, Iíd rather consider a Dinan coilover setup with OE shocks.
I would go with Ground Control.

Dave
__________________
2013 M3 Coupe-MR/BLK ZCP, ACM test pipes, BPM Stg2 dev. tune and Megan catback, AFE Stg2. with C/F elbow VMRV810 19x10&19X11 275/295 Mich PSS.
Previous rides: 2011 M3 Coupe-MR/Blk
2007 Porsche 997C2S Speed Yellow/Blk sport seats
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 02:16 AM   #115
JsL
Major
United_States
308
Rep
1,012
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP VF620
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrickTizzle View Post
Turner can go suck a d!ck ... Price gouging isnít cool. For that amount of money, Iíd rather consider a Dinan coilover setup with OE shocks.
Wait what?? Dinan coilovers? They keep the OE shocks, which is the weak point in the suspension setup. I can't let anyone spend 2k on a setup just to keep the stock dampers. Look elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 02:30 PM   #116
6ixSpd
Save the manuals!
6ixSpd's Avatar
Canada
2445
Rep
4,126
Posts

Drives: '12 M3 6MT, '09 328i 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: 416

iTrader: (1)

Ground Control, MCS, TCK, Ohlins, they're all infinitely better than these if that's the price point we're at. The only reason to even consider the Bilsteins is to retain the EDC. But honestly, that's a steep price to pay to keep that feature.
__________________
'12 M3 6MT Alpine White + Fox Red Extended | '09 328i 6MT Space Gray + Saddle Brown

Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 02:50 PM   #117
nycplumber
First Lieutenant
111
Rep
378
Posts

Drives: slow
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: nyc

iTrader: (0)

What happens when you buy these coils and something breaks and you have to wait for months to get the car running again becsuse parts are out of stock? Buy anything but the b16's
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 08:42 PM   #118
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
379
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: El Segundo, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
Wait what?? Dinan coilovers? They keep the OE shocks, which is the weak point in the suspension setup. I can't let anyone spend 2k on a setup just to keep the stock dampers. Look elsewhere.
For the street the OEM ZCP shocks/struts are very good.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 08:45 PM   #119
JsL
Major
United_States
308
Rep
1,012
Posts

Drives: 2011 AW M3 ZCP VF620
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
For the street the OEM ZCP shocks/struts are very good.
Ok.

But 2k for some Dinan bumpstops and Dinan height adjusters is not worth it.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 11:40 PM   #120
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
379
Rep
3,525
Posts

Drives: 2013 BMW M3 ZCP Coupe
Join Date: May 2009
Location: El Segundo, CA

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
Ok.

But 2k for some Dinan bumpstops and Dinan height adjusters is not worth it.
That's why I like ground control. $1139

https://groundcontrolstore.com/colle...m3-08-11-w-edc
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2018, 10:57 PM   #121
TrickTizzle
Private
United_States
9
Rep
86
Posts

Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: US

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
Wait what?? Dinan coilovers? They keep the OE shocks, which is the weak point in the suspension setup. I can't let anyone spend 2k on a setup just to keep the stock dampers. Look elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6ixSpd View Post
Ground Control, MCS, TCK, Ohlins, they're all infinitely better than these if that's the price point we're at. The only reason to even consider the Bilsteins is to retain the EDC. But honestly, that's a steep price to pay to keep that feature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JsL View Post
Ok.

But 2k for some Dinan bumpstops and Dinan height adjusters is not worth it.
https://www.dinancars.com/product/r1...stem-edc-only/

Basically some height adjusters and springs, similar to the H&R HAS kit.
I've heard some mixed reviews on the HAS, I've heard it's slightly clunky/noisy. Curious how the dinan kit compares, and how much the shocks are preloaded compared to HAS.

Personally, I'd like to retain EDC functionality as it serves a dual purpose - Daily driver, and weekend track.

My stock shocks don't feel as tight anymore. I've read people here leave EDC in comfort, and normal is too harsh for them. In my car comfort is almost a bit too 'floaty' and there is a good amount of roll in the middle of a corner. I usually keep EDC in the 'Normal' setting. Perhaps its time for new shocks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave07997S View Post
That's why I like ground control. $1139

https://groundcontrolstore.com/colle...m3-08-11-w-edc
Excuse my ignorance, but isn't ground control the same brand that came out with $500 'budget' coilovers?
Anywho, their webpage doesn't even load...
__________________
__________________
'12 E92 M3 - Alpine White - ZCP - Dinan S2
IG:mpwr92
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST