BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

10-02-2007, 01:12 PM   #23
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
This ruined my life a few years ago...betting on sports and running the books taken over my job, my life, my love life...ended up in the slammer for it as well..

I stopped all forms of gambling, even Bingo on wednesday nights at the local church i don't participate... but i know what it feels like to win

take ur buddies out to eat, eat eat drink...

then when you bust, they all run away
I am not that bad anymore. In college I was so bad I was betting women's lacrosse on the west coast in the middle of the night because it was action. Then my 35 year old bookie had a heart attack an keeled over. Before he did he sent some goombas from Philly to collect my losses for him. I paid when I saw them and the bat.
      10-02-2007, 01:16 PM   #24
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I am not that bad anymore. In college I was so bad I was betting women's lacrosse on the west coast in the middle of the night because it was action. Then my 35 year old bookie had a heart attack an keeled over. Before he did he sent some goombas from Philly to collect my losses for him. I paid when I saw them and the bat.

Yup, that's the life of a low life...i bet on WNBA and shit, i just bet under everygame...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 02:32 AM   #25
Cadillac Johnson
Free taco with stolen base
Rep
Drives: 335i? GTR? RS5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOSG328I View Post
The Chargers vs the Rams.

LOL
That was my pre-season pick...

Not sure who I'd pick now, NFC is pretty much up for grabs.

AFC has so many good teams, it would be pretty easy for NE to stumble in the playoffs.
      10-03-2007, 04:56 AM   #26
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
I picked NE vs Saints during preseason. i think indianapolis' defense will have a harder time stopping NE's offense, than NE's defense will have stopping Peyton's offense. Injuries can change everything though, Marvin Harisson is hurt now, if it's serious then Indy is finished.
Doesn't matter who makes it out of NFC, the AFC championship game is the superbowl!
      10-03-2007, 09:07 AM   #27
DasBlitz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i 07

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Cinderella story, after they face the big boys you'd see that the clock will strike midnight...

i cheer them on tho, i like watching Brett Favre
No cinderella story. He is just good. I would be fine with him winning the Super Bowl over Brady and the pats are my team.

But Favre is just amazing and kicking ass at his age.

Quote:
This ruined my life a few years ago...betting on sports and running the books taken over my job, my life, my love life...ended up in the slammer for it as well..

I stopped all forms of gambling, even Bingo on wednesday nights at the local church i don't participate... but i know what it feels like to win

take ur buddies out to eat, eat eat drink...

then when you bust, they all run away
Wow, sorry to hear about that man. That's how it is when you are on top. Everything is good until it ends and no one is around.

Glad to see you have turned around though.

So you wanna bet the Pats go all the way?

But back on topic. now the pats are 4-0. I see them keeping it up. Sorry guys but last year the Colts won because we were so dumb. Wont happen again. Colts will lose and Brady will have 4 rings. I think he should just fill up all his fingers.
      10-03-2007, 09:21 AM   #28
Spool
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by DasBlitz View Post
the pats are my team.

Cheaters

No doubt Pats will go very far this year, they have too many weapons...and Moss is playing great, despite his attitude, which i haven't heard much of this year...perfect compliment for the team...

I'm a Skins fan, let's see where they end up this year, the last loss to the Giants was pure bullshit...

MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2007, 09:32 AM   #29
MadDog
Careful, I Bite.....
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [7.50]
I'm betting my team - Miami Dolphins - gets the first pick in next year's NFL draft !!!
Appreciate 0