BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Steve Thomas BMW

11-10-2013, 11:58 PM   #1
kbh
Private First Class
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman S/BMW E92 M3

Short review of the BPM stage 2 tune and ACM Test Pipes

A short review of my m3 with Meisterschaft GT exhaust and MS stage 2 intake.

When I installed the ACM test pipes I didn't tune my car first to feel and know what will the difference of the tune and test pipes be. I first installed the test pipes and surprisingly I didn't get a warning light, my car is a euro version (I live in the Philippines). I felt the power gains as soon as I hit the gas pedal. My butt dyno I think gained roughly around 10-15whp from this mod. The power gains is from low to high rpm but more on the mid to high rev range. The exhaust sound changed as well especially in the high rpm range. When I was running Meisterschaft GT exhaust I find it tamed and the sound dies down around 5k rpm but now after the test pipes it screams especially in the high rpm range. The pitch was different too around 4500 it changes and becomes a bit raspy especially around 6-8k range.

After a few days I installed the BPM state 2 tune with servotronic mod. Mike is very quick to respond to my emails and he said he will help me tune my car via chat or phone. Being in Manila there's a time difference so I just decided to ask him for the tuned files. I did the tune myself and just took me 7 min to upload the file. Thanks for the fast email responses Mike.

When my car was tuned already I noticed gains from low to mid which was lacking in the e92 m3. The car is more willing to go when you step on the gas. I say my butt dyno I gained around 8-10whp from the tune. I got the tune mainly for the cold start delete and the gains was just secondary to me. The car felt better all around and driving experience was better after the tune. The power delivery is much smoother as well before it jerks especially when it's cold. Now there's no more jerking. The traction light comes up more due to the added power. Also the exhaust note changed drastically. No more raspyness in the mid to high rpms which I like. Pitch was different too the higher pitch was considerably less. I asked Mike about this and this was because of the vanos camshaft timing changes.

For the Sevotronic mod, I felt the steering feel is heavier which I like. Before it was a bit loose and light for my taste. Now it's tighter and more sensitive. Not a big difference but you can surely feel it made the car nicer to drive overall

I say when you decide to get the tune pair it with a test pipe if you want a good amount of power. I'm considering buying pulley and x pipe maybe in January to get the maximum gains from my n/a motor. I want a double resonated one because the car might be stupidly loud if I go straight. Mike can you change again the sound via tune if I find it too raspy? Lol

Thanks again Mike for the BPM tune and ACM test pipe!

Pics and a short clip are at my IG page kbhaw. Cheers!
Appreciate 0