BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

09-19-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
-Ryan-
First Class Privates
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Remus Race Exhaust Review

There's not a lot of Remus info on this site so I thought I would write up a quick review.

Let me start by bitching about the install. I had 3 issues I had to deal with. 1st, Remus didn't provide the nuts needed to reattach the hangers on the side of the mufflers. 2nd, they don't provide a place to reattach the muffler straps. 3rd, the connecting pipes were mislabeled. The pipe labeled left went on the right side and vice versa. I expected more from such an established company.

Other than that, I love this exhaust. The quality of the exhaust is excellent. I love the looks with the black mufflers and the carbon fiber/brushed tips. The sound is just amazing. Hard to put into words but its somewhat deep at low rpms without being too boomy. Nice and screamy at high rpms. Just what I wanted. I think there is some drone from about 1900 rpm to about 2200 rpm but its bearable and for some reason its not always there. Plus, I'm rarely in that RPM range anyways. As far as power, I wasn't expecting any gains. I don't feel I gained anything but more importantly I don't feel I lost anything. Normally, with my exhaust mods I have felt I lost a little bottom end and gained a little at the top.

Top View Cold

Top View Hot

Side View

Rear View

Rear muffler View

Last edited by -Ryan-; 09-19-2011 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
m3heaven
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2003.5 E46 M3

Exhaust looks good! First Remus I've seen with the CF tips.

Just a FYI but I don't think any aftermarket exhaust utilizes the steel straps.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 06:07 PM   #3
ModBargains III
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i, 135i, E46 M3, 540i

We at **********s have sold tons of these exhaust systems for the E92 M3, and to be honest, this would be the first time we've heard anything close to negative in terms of the installation procedure. Remus and their exhausts have been one of the most trouble free items we and REMUS USA have sold.

I called REMUS USA and checked with them as well, and they said that out of hundreds there really has only been one warranty claim that they have heard of, but it had nothing to do with installation.

Regardless of that, it sounds like you had a great experience overall with the Remus exhaust especially for the way it sounds. We appreciate the feedback!
      09-21-2011, 12:15 PM   #4
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Thanks again for your order/support on the REMUS Race w/ CF Street Tips + connecting pipes Ryan. I'm glad to hear that you're happy with the system overall and I'm sure that the exhaust system sounds great on the car. Post up some sound clips when you get the chance as that is what most guys (including myself) want to hear!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 12:39 AM   #5
SoTempted
Captain
Rep
Drives: Incompetently

This thread is worthless without... Videooooooooooooooooo!

Nice looking setup, I actually like the tips.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2011, 01:18 AM   #6
Ateam
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Wow beautiful tips. For that alone I am tempted to pull the trigger on this but I am terrified to live in Dronesville again. Had RPI on my past bmw and the drone was just a killer. Even though you say "I dont spend time in that rev range" I inevitably did and you will if you do any basic highway cruising. That is the range you sit right in the middle of and sometimes you do not want music playing loud but then you are stuck with a steady drone pounding into your head.

Wish you could just get the tips!
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #7
JerryK73
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 LeMans Blue Coupe

Wait until it's broken in. I love the way mine sounds.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #8
ModBargains.com
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: JB E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTempted View Post
This thread is worthless without... Videooooooooooooooooo!

Nice looking setup, I actually like the tips.
Although this isn't a clip from the OP, I think this video clip will give you a good idea of how the Remus US sound race system sounds on the E9X M3!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateam View Post
Wow beautiful tips. For that alone I am tempted to pull the trigger on this but I am terrified to live in Dronesville again. Had RPI on my past bmw and the drone was just a killer. Even though you say "I dont spend time in that rev range" I inevitably did and you will if you do any basic highway cruising. That is the range you sit right in the middle of and sometimes you do not want music playing loud but then you are stuck with a steady drone pounding into your head.

Wish you could just get the tips!
If you're worried about drone, you definitely want to stick with the Remus Sport exhaust. The tips are interchangeable on many other Remus systems for many different model of vehicles. I'll check for you tomorrow morning to see if this is something that can be worked out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryK73 View Post
Wait until it's broken in. I love the way mine sounds.
Glad to hear you're enjoying it!
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
THE TECH
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: BPMsport 2012 E92 M3

Garage List
Looks nice.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
tcal69
Private
Rep
Drives: e92 M3

I saw those exhaust in person over the weekend and they look sweet!!! Enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2011, 10:54 PM   #11
Poppin Fresh
Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: With a sunroof and front plate

I love the Remus Race. Drone is there but only if you're on the wrong gear and speed. The sound is a deep crisp wail on low rpm that gets high as you hit the rev ranges. I'm a fan of the original tips but to each his own.