BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

Mporium BMW
Closed Thread

08-30-2015, 02:02 PM   #23
M33too
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by |||||||||| View Post
Not really much you can do. First, give the seller the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he didnt realize it was bent. Once you do that, put yourself in his shoes and look at this from his standpoint. His business minded standpoint. Are you going to honor a return a month later after the buyer has had plenty of chances to do the damage himself and claim they were already messed up when he bought them? A week later? Maybe. A month? I would likely do the same thing.
Thank you. That is my exact viewpoint.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 02:05 PM   #24
M33too
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81bear View Post
I'm really sorry to hear your situation. Not sure you can do much if you paid him cash unfortunately. Your best bet is to continue to put public pressure and hope he'll cave and work with you.

It seems he did something similar with a member who purchased his S/C kit and after it was made public they seem to have worked out a mutually acceptable arrangement.

Really hope it works out for you and next time pay through PayPal and stay protected.
I forgot to put injectors and intake scoop in the box. I didn't scam that buyer at all. After he reported to me what had happened I was at the fed ex store the very next day and expressed shipped those items to him. I also paid him for a new pulley that had slight damage on it upon removal. He did not make that thread to bash me. He made it to verify any other missing parts.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 02:12 PM   #25
M33too
Lieutenant
Rep

I'd also like to add that the buyer is claiming that you can barely see the bend therefore thats the reason he can't send me any good pictures of the bend.

I mount and balance tires all day long on very nice equipment. We have a Hunter Revolution automated touchless tire machine and a Hunter Roadforce balancer. There are been MANY instances where brand new ADV1, Strasse, and even HRE's come from the factory slightly out of round or even with a noticeable visual hump while rotating. And depending on the type of tire you use it may exponentially add to the problem....

BBS FI's are very high quality wheels and those wheels balanced out perfect on my machine. I take very good care of my wheels and never drive the car during pothole season. When I took them off and sold them I did not see a problem. I reported all chips and imperfections with the rear wheels in my ad. And to repeat myself, he inspected them in person. A month later and the guy is threatening me for a refund and partial refund of 1k on the wheels... Sorry, you can make me out to be the bad guy all you want, but no can do.

Last edited by M33too; 08-30-2015 at 02:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 02:29 PM   #26
BNBM3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92

Garage List
This is fantastic. I just made some popcorn.
Active Autowerke Gen 2 Level 2 SC / StopTech ST60/40 BBK
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #27
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by M33too View Post
I'd also like to add that the buyer is claiming that you can barely see the bend therefore thats the reason he can't send me any good pictures of the bend.

I mount and balance tires all day long on very nice equipment. We have a Hunter Revolution automated touchless tire machine and a Hunter Roadforce balancer. There are been MANY instances where brand new ADV1, Strasse, and even HRE's come from the factory slightly out of round or even with a noticeable visual hump while rotating. And depending on the type of tire you use it may exponentially add to the problem....

BBS FI's are very high quality wheels and those wheels balanced out perfect on my machine. I take very good care of my wheels and never drive the car during pothole season. When I took them off and sold them I did not see a problem. I reported all chips and imperfections with the rear wheels in my ad. And to repeat myself, he inspected them in person. A month later and the guy is threatening me for a refund and partial refund of 1k on the wheels... Sorry, you can make me out to be the bad guy all you want, but no can do.
You are a scammer. I am disclosing it in public so that other buyers don't fall in your trap.

I will also repeat myself you cannot visually see the bent. It can be seen clearly on tire machine. I was just stupid enough to trust you since you a shop

Trust me this will get back to you one day if I couldn't

Last edited by Honda; 08-31-2015 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #28
RickP
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Comp/DCT

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 02:49 PM   #29
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

I bought an exhaust from M33too and it was shipped pretty quickly and packed well. No problems here. If I were selling something and the buyer asked for a partial refund after a month I would also have to decline. No way to know what the buyer may have done during that time.

OP - I would just chalk it up to the inherent risks of buying used merchandise. Doesn't sound like the seller misrepresented anything. Can't the bend be fixed by a wheel shop? Or can't be fixed because they are FIs and have to be done by BBS?
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #30
Honda
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
I bought an exhaust from M33too and it was shipped pretty quickly and packed well. No problems here. If I were selling something and the buyer asked for a partial refund after a month I would also have to decline. No way to know what the buyer may have done during that time.

OP - I would just chalk it up to the inherent risks of buying used merchandise. Doesn't sound like the seller misrepresented anything. Can't the bend be fixed by a wheel shop? Or can't be fixed because they are FIs and have to be done by BBS?
I am not asking for partial refund. I am asking for all. I clearly mentioned it to him that I am NOT interested in wheels that one of them has a bent. I only asked for partial because I could not get him to revert this deal. If I still get 1k from him, I have to add 1k on top of that to buy another wheel. I know I can get it fixed but again I am not interested on those set knowing one of the, has an issue.

I don't want to keep defending myself he knows what's right and what's wrong. I just want to let everybody know about him to be aware of this scammer.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 03:10 PM   #31
GRUESOM3
Major
Rep
Drives: 3 NA cars and 1 Turbo car

4k for perfect fi's hmmmmm

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #32
Boost2M3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW E92 M3 ZCP

My transactions with M33too was pretty smooth, I bought a pair of headlights from him that was retrofitted by Lightwerkz , http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...ght=lightwerkz.

I sent him payment of $800 for the headlights and an additional $500 core charge. Honestly, at first I was a bit reluctant to pay for the core charge since what if I sent back my stock headlights and he wouldn't refund me the core charge went through my mind. But then I went through with it because I placed myself in his shoes as a seller. I might have been able to run away with the retrofitted Lightwerkz headlights which was worth $1600+ dollars and kept my stock headlights and sold that privately for possible another $800-$1100 so his core charge of $500 was very reasonable.

M33too is a good seller, the headlights were shipped quickly and packaged very thoroughly. Everything was as described, the angel eyes were bright, Osram lightbulbs were included as negotiated and cutoff lines were very colorful. He didn't rush me to get the headlights installed, I just shipped the stock headlights out whenever, pretty cool guy. The refund for the core charge was also posted once he inspected the stock headlights. In my opinion M33too is no scammer.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 04:29 PM   #33
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Hm,,,,, this is going south
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 04:32 PM   #34
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M33too
Seems like I'm the one being scammed here. Veteran pro that has done this before?

Check out the dispute comments:
Posting a name and address is very distasteful.

that aside, it sounds like there may have been some miscommunication on one or both sides. when talking to m33too about a potential purchase from him, he communicated well and the item we were negotiating was well represented accurately and imperfections were documented well. i didn't end up purchasing the item, but had we worked out a price, i would have been confident in what i was getting.

hopefully you two work out an agreement.

Last edited by roastbeef; 08-30-2015 at 04:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 04:43 PM   #35
rpl77
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 AW

Well said

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
Posting a name and address is very distasteful.

that aside, it sounds like there may have been some miscommunication on one or both sides. when talking to m33too about a potential purchase from him, he communicated well and the item we were negotiating was well represented accurately and imperfections were documented well. i didn't end up purchasing the item, but had we worked out a price, i would have been confident in what i was getting.

hopefully you two work out an agreement.
      08-30-2015, 04:47 PM   #36
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Posting personal details may be distasteful but the OP contesting the deposit by essentially lying in the reasoning isn't quite right either. It's unfortunate that the situation has escalated to this point but after knowing both sides I might side with M33too simply because the used market is a buyer beware market. If the OP made the error of not inspecting the wheels properly or getting them inspected and took a month to get back to the seller, I'd have to say it's tough luck. As the original seller, I would be worried what the person may have done to the item in a month. It's an unfortunate situation all together but the benefit of the doubt would have to go to the original seller. Especially also because the seller has other good reviews, so it's not a situation where the person is a habitual scammer. Filing a dispute on the deposit by lying isn't going to make it any better.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 05:01 PM   #37
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

I did read your comment about having to go on vacation and I do sympathize with you. However, I am looking it from the seller's prospective as well. If I was the seller in this situation I would have a hard time giving a refund as well and I am far from a scammer. And about Paypal, I am not sure how filing disputes and stuff work but it just sounds strange that an agent would just make up the reasoning light that all together. But you may be right so you get my benefit of the doubt in that regard.

Anyway, you guys need to sort this out one way or the other. There has to be a compromise. Perhaps you getting the bent wheel fixed and the seller paying for it since it's only one of the wheels.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 05:07 PM   #38
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep

And on the flip side if I was the seller and was in this situation, I would have agreed to get the bent wheel fixed at least. I may not be able to refund the entire amount or a $1000, but I would most likely agree to pay for getting the wheel fixed.

Anyway, good luck guys hopefully you sort it out. It's a tough situation both ways it sounds like.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 05:50 PM   #39
Harry Da Hamster
Captain
Rep
Drives: The Bus

Quote:
I worked with rob every step of the way through the entire process. Not once did I try to rip him off. The injectors were accidentally left behind. ALL parts were mailed to him as soon as I discovered this and paid him for a new pulley.

I do not habitually rip anyone off. Look at my itrader.
Rob S said you were missing a more than just injectors. And advocating that the pulley is fine is complete horsesh!t. The belt would've been torn to shreds in no time.

Either way, BOTH SIDES of this situation (wheels) seems to be shady.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 06:16 PM   #40
M33too
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FNG View Post
Rob S said you were missing a more than just injectors. And advocating that the pulley is fine is complete horsesh!t. The belt would've been torn to shreds in no time.

Either way, BOTH SIDES of this situation (wheels) seems to be shady.
Yes, the shroud for the filter and part of the hose because it was shortened on my ice box setup. Everything was expidited to him. Pulley was replaced.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #41
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

LOLL
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 06:31 PM   #42
1LRM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: LRP M3 E92, MR M3 E93

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [8.00]
Get your words in before the LOCK....

Better than VMA's

Posting personal info is not cool.

Returns after a month are unacceptable.

F.T.B.R. Garage, CT
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 06:33 PM   #43
M33too
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LRM3 View Post
Get your words in before the LOCK....

Better than VMA's

Posting personal info is not cool.

Returns after a month are unacceptable.

Yea, well creating this thread and putting my business name out here on a PERSONAL TRANSACTION is not cool.

Threatening to sue me over a used set of wheels that you inspected in person and then complain about 30 days late is not cool.

Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 06:47 PM   #44
Rob S.
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Nissan GT-R FBO

Quote:
Yes, the shroud for the filter and part of the hose because it was shortened on my ice box setup. Everything was expidited to him. Pulley was replaced.
But i guess the hose you sent me last week isnt shortened and will fit perfect, right?

Hope to receive the parts in the following days. Honestly it was not the best transaction by far but if i receive all the missing parts i can not say you are a scammer. You shipped the parts fast and sent me a refund (although not what i asked but ok). I will think twice next time when buying used parts overseas though.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread