BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

Mporium BMW

07-04-2017, 09:33 AM   #67
bosse92m3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Master View Post
It has way better quality compared to a regular AUX cable.. the bass retains a lot more with Tune2Air IMO.. and also never cuts off or has that feedback sound, like a reg. aux cable.. It also remembers the bluetooth connection every time so you don't have to connect every damn day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosse92m3 View Post
Do you notice any lack of bass, compared to regular aux?
Ok so just got mine and hooked it up, and first thoughts are...
I don't know if it s just me but I am certain that it gets rid of low end bass.
It sound sort of like its mashing all the frequencies to highs and mids.
I tested the same songs one after the other on tune 2 air and then Aux and it was quite a big difference.
This is just what I noticed on initial setup and testing.
Has anyone else noticed this??
Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 09:37 PM   #68
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

Quote:
I tested the same songs one after the other on tune 2 air and then Aux and it was quite a big difference.
Thanks
I brought up a similiar issue on another thread. Other cars I used with built-in bluetooth streaming sounds good. I think it is the stream quality Tune2air and I asked them if they are planning to put a new model out with better bluetooth streaming, but never got an answer back. It's awesome how you can use the car controls, but kinda sucks how my dad's Pilot's bluetooth streaming sounds better with crappy speakers. I do have the Bimmertech Amp and after playing around with the settings I finally became content with it. I'm wondering if installing an headphone amp might do the trick. Another member uses DragonFly Red with an aux setup and he said it makes the music sound full.

Last edited by E90M3velocity; 07-04-2017 at 09:49 PM..
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2017, 09:44 PM   #69
bosse92m3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity View Post
Quote:
Thanks
I brought up a similiar issue on another thread. Other cars I used with built-in bluetooth streaming sounds good. I think it is the stream quality Tune2air and I asked them if they are planning to put a new model out with better bluetooth streaming, but never got an answer back. It's awesome how you can use the car controls, but kinda sucks how my dad's Pilot's bluetooth streaming sounds better with crappy speakers. I do have the Bimmertech Amp and after playing around with the settings I finally became content with it.
Thanks for the reply, I knew I wasn't going crazy lol.
After playing around with it some more I have noticed another thing.
I noticed that the sounds form my right tweeter is cut off but my left is not.
I noticed this cos all the highs were coming form the left.
I then went into the equalizer and moved the sound from right to left. The left sounded normal were as the right was only low's (mid's)
I either have a really dud unit or they are duds lmao.
Anyone else have this??

Side note: aux sounds perfect still, and I have the logic 7 sound system
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2017, 10:05 PM   #70
E90M3velocity
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Manual-Slicktop E90 M3

Quote:
I then went into the equalizer and moved the sound from right to left. The left sounded normal were as the right was only low's (mid's)
Anyone else have this??

If that's the case maybe you have a faulty unit and see if Tune2air can send you a replacement.
Appreciate 1
      07-04-2017, 10:11 PM   #71
bosse92m3
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90M3velocity View Post
Quote:
Anyone else have this??

If that's the case maybe you have a faulty unit and see if Tune2air can send you a replacement.
You just bet me to replying lol, my mate just got his, same setup, different car and it s the same!!
Wtf maybe it doesn't like to work with the logic 7. So wired. I m baffled

UPDATE: just contacted tune 2 air customer support and am waiting for them to get back to me with an answer, let's see what they say....

UPDATE : tune 2 air got back to me saying they believe that the tune 2 air doesn't work well with the E92 m3 with logic 7 sound system.
As it s the same issue with both mine and my mates car. Both cars have the logic 7 and both our tune 2 airs are doing the same thing.
A little disappointing given that they advertise the units to work with our cars.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 08:51 AM   #72
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
Just found a glitch with my tune2air. In order for the track info and music controls to work, you must have at least one song purchased through iTunes and stored locally on your iPhone. I had that U2 album that everybody got for free on my phone and decided to delete it a few days ago in effort to free up some space. Well that was a bad idea because as soon as I did that, I lost track info in Spotify, Pandora, and my Podcasts. Took me like 3 days to figure out why it stopped working all of the sudden when I haven't updated or changed anything on my phone. Everything worked fine when I connected my girlfriend's iPhone so I figured it couldn't be an issue with the Bluetooth device itself. I don't own any music through iTunes and apparently you can't re download the U2 album after deleting it so I had to go and purchase a 69c song just to get everything to work again. Lesson learned. If anyone has trouble seeing track info and skipping songs, keep this in mind.
FYI in case anyone is tired of hearing the same song every time they start their car:

https://www.engadget.com/2017/08/10/...-stereo-trick/
      03-29-2019, 05:19 PM   #73
MikeyG
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW E93 M3

Quote:
UPDATE : tune 2 air got back to me saying they believe that the tune 2 air doesn't work well with the E92 m3 with logic 7 sound system.
As it s the same issue with both mine and my mates car. Both cars have the logic 7 and both our tune 2 airs are doing the same thing.
A little disappointing given that they advertise the units to work with our cars.
I bought a Tune2Air WMA3000B and use it with my E93 2010 M3 and an Apple XR with the latest patches. I note the audio quality is great, however I noticed a balance issue, so used a youtube speaker test video that goes left right left right in the corresponding speaker, and the right signal is fine, coming out of the right speaker, but the left signal is played in all L+R + Centre speakers, so sounds like its right in front of me...

I reverted to an aux cable and the youtube video works as expected left=left and right=right.

Very disappointing, but I'll return the item for a replacement and see how we go. Is this the same symptom others with the e9x M3 with the top of the line sound system have?

Mike
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2019, 05:39 PM   #74
wfdeacon88
Major
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyG View Post
Quote:
I bought a Tune2Air WMA3000B and use it with my E93 2010 M3 and an Apple XR with the latest patches. I note the audio quality is great, however I noticed a balance issue, so used a youtube speaker test video that goes left right left right in the corresponding speaker, and the right signal is fine, coming out of the right speaker, but the left signal is played in all L+R + Centre speakers, so sounds like its right in front of me...

I reverted to an aux cable and the youtube video works as expected left=left and right=right.

Very disappointing, but I'll return the item for a replacement and see how we go. Is this the same symptom others with the e9x M3 with the top of the line sound system have?

Mike
Mine has been flawless and I was surprised by how good the Bluetooth quality was using Spotify.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2023, 05:39 AM   #75
na6spdv8
Rep

Following
Appreciate 0