BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

Menzerna PL + Sonax Wheel Cleaner + SwissVax Detail Brush + Spoke Brush

I am an amateur detailer that has been detailing for about 8 years on my own cars and wanted to just comment on how great these products are. These are all MUST HAVE items in your detail shed and surprisingly they work exactly as advertised.

1.Menzerna PL

I've been a hardcore Zaino user for 7 years and this past year I decided to try something new - and I'm so glad I did. Although I still use my Zaino Z2 to add onto the shine of the Menzerna PL, I can't say enough about how great the results are after using Menzerna PL. The gloss adds depth and shine to the paint. Its like as if you apply lotion onto dry skin but that lotion never disappates! Its SUPER easy to apply/whipe off and the sealant seems to be staying on for at least a few washes after. The great thing about this sealant is that it adds as much shine as a polish so if you happen to have had a big day (detailing after work) or just got lazy to polish/add wax on top, then I personally have just put on this sealant and left it as is with great results. The Menzerna isnt overly oily and doesn't crust up when set either. Its just right.

2. Sonax the Miracle Wheel cleaner

This thing is AMAZING!

Before Sonax I had been using P21s which was a very strong liquid but it never took more than 25% of the grime off the wheels. Yesterday my experience with this Sonax product blew me away! When applying onto the wheel it starts out as a Green liquid. Wait 2-3 minutes and watch the liquid turn RED to assure you that it is OK to rinse off. When you rinse it off with just a regular hose with a spray attachment (no pressure washer here), you will see 90% of the grime come OFF! This isnt just a nice dusty layer of brake dust, I'm talking about thick, dried, super nasty caked brake residue. It works well. Personally, I don't believe that 100% of any kind of dirt will be able to come off unless a solution as strong as paint thinner is used, but this product comes close and is a very safe solution. If anything, this has to be my favorite 'tool' to use when washing my car.

3. Swissvax Detail Brush

This brush just hits a personal detailing problem I've faced for years; a/c outlets and trying to clean between the vents!!!! Used to drive me CRAZY because I have fat fingers and I cannot for the life of me get those vents clean. Being as anal as I am, if those vents wern't clean, then it would bug me day in and day out. This Brush does cleaning tight nicks / crannies really well. It makes situations where you might have to get a toothpick to get the tight spots or when you have to wrap one finger with a microfiber towel disappear! This brush isn't cheap but it is an item that doesn't run out and wears very slowly. For how much time and frustration this piece saves, its Def. worth it.

4. Spoke Brush

This one is simple. Have you ever seen these detail threads and asked yourself how they get the inside of the wheel clean without taking the wheels off? Well.. Here is your answer.

I'm still in search of great products and I think one thing I have always been looking for is a easy to use leather cleaner that doesn't involve me to use multiple items to clean and condition the seats. My other two is a great wheel wax/paint protector and a chrome polish/cleaner.

Hope this helps your details out!