BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

12-19-2022, 07:27 PM   #1
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

Autosolutions SSK

I’ve had this kit for 5 months, and will be the only contrarian. I don’t like it, I like the stock “rubbery” shifting better. Also not sure if any of you guys experienced this, but I have a lot of vibration with this kit installed. Below 2K RPM in any gear there seems to be the lugging type vibration/grind. Also at WOT there is intermittent vibration unless the shifter is pushed down. I had this professionally installed by a reputable/well known shop. Not sure if it’s the mounts, but my overall impression is…meh.
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2022, 08:28 PM   #2
Frostynorth
Weirdo
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 M3

Have you asked Ronald?

How old are your engine mounts and did you get new bushings with your order?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2022, 10:56 PM   #3
CamasM3e93
Friends don't let friends ESS
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 Lemans Blue 6mt Harrop e90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008M36MT View Post
I’ve had this kit for 5 months, and will be the only contrarian. I don’t like it, I like the stock “rubbery” shifting better. Also not sure if any of you guys experienced this, but I have a lot of vibration with this kit installed. Below 2K RPM in any gear there seems to be the lugging type vibration/grind. Also at WOT there is intermittent vibration unless the shifter is pushed down. I had this professionally installed by a reputable/well known shop. Not sure if it’s the mounts, but my overall impression is…meh.
It’s apparently easy to install the shifter backwards which makes the shift rod upside down and rubbing where it’s not supposed to. A couple of people have posted about it being the source of abnormal vibration. Your observation about pushing down on the shifter….. I wonder if that’s it.

I did the kit a few months ago with upgraded poly motor mounts, new transmission mounts oem, and 80A bushings. It’s very tight but No vibration. I agree with the suggestion to ask Ron, but your experience is atypical enough to assume something is awry at the circle K.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 03:09 AM   #4
2008M36MT
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3

I will do. I think more than anything, I enjoy the stock shifting experience more than the Autosolutions SSK. It may be a function of driving stock manual Ms since 2007. If I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't spend ~$1K to buy and have this thing install. My perception was a "game changer" the reality was just a different experience.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 06:40 PM   #5
BSM n54iS
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '11 335is | '16 Macan Turbo

Do you know about removing the 'helper' spring on the clutch pedal? That was a huge improvement for me
GruppeM CF Intake | AR Resonated DP | ER CP | Turbosmart RacePort BOV | Cobb FMIC | RB Inlets | RB External Mishi/Turner OCC | Michelin PS4 | BMW Performance Springs/Bilstein B8 + Dinan & M3 bits | BMW Brembo BBK | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Lip | BMW Performance Alcantara | PS Designs GTS Armrest | AG H6-40 | Rear Seat Delete
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2022, 05:08 PM   #6
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

That's interesting.

I enjoyed the upgrade and did not experience the vibrations you speak of. What bushings did you order with Ronald? I have the yellow/orange ones
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2022, 03:28 AM   #7
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

I loved the AS SSK when I had them on my E9x M3 for the most part.

Loved the precision and zero play but wasn't a fan of the increased shifting effort. I'm curious if Ronald is able to make one with the stock throws and shift effort.
Appreciate 0