BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

07-16-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
8k3
Banned
Rep
Drives: Car

Results after Clay->Zaino AIO->Z5, impressed

Not many use Zaino around here and I've heard some swear by it so for the past 12 months I decided to give it a try. Every 3-4 months I had been using Zaino All-In-One, followed by their Z5 pro show car polish. The first round I did not clay the car, the second and third I did. Also, on the last round I used a Porter Cable orbital rather than applying by hand (which they recommend for the sake of using less product). I found that doing so resulting in MUCH more even results and zero swirl marks. Long story short, Zaino held up remarkably well, I wash my car by hand and months after application the car always had a deep shine/luster after a wash that even my girlfriend commented on. Here is the result of yesterdays Clay->AIO->Z5 using the Porter Cable

Sorry image is compressed (thanks to the hosting site :/), looks like glass in person.

Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 01:14 PM   #2
M3 Esq
Automobilist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5, 911 GT3

Looks good. The porter cable is awesome. I love mine. Nice job.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2014, 01:16 PM   #3
8k3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Esq View Post
Looks good. The porter cable is awesome. I love mine. Nice job.
Thanks! The Porter Cable is an invaluable tool for such jobs, no doubt
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #4
Semi-Poor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Coupe

Well done! Hand application can not match random orbital. Zaino is still popular with many die-hard fans. Back in the day it was top dog for many years with a near cult like following. Still great stuff just so many detailing products on the market now it is hard to differentiate one from the other at times.

Keep up the good work!
      07-18-2014, 03:30 PM   #5
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Good job ! Car shines perfect !
Planning to start mine too,but it's tropical weather here in Belgium and so not normal at all > 38 ° Celsius >that's about 100° Fahrenheit ?!?!
So it's way too hot and need to wait for cooler temps !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #6
8k3
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-Poor View Post
Well done! Hand application can not match random orbital. Zaino is still popular with many die-hard fans. Back in the day it was top dog for many years with a near cult like following. Still great stuff just so many detailing products on the market now it is hard to differentiate one from the other at times.

Keep up the good work!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Good job ! Car shines perfect !
Planning to start mine too,but it's tropical weather here in Belgium and so not normal at all > 38 ° Celsius >that's about 100° Fahrenheit ?!?!
So it's way too hot and need to wait for cooler temps !

Thanks guys! True Zaino was super popular back in the day, remember when my father was using it on his E39 M5. Now there are so many from the like of Menzerna, Sonax, Einszett, etc; it's actually overwhelming and I have no clue who/what is the ultimate. I know that we always got great results with Zaino on the M5 so I decided to use it and it's been great!
Appreciate 0