BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

07-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #1
808elise
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CB E46 and SG E92 M3s

Garage List
Smart Wax Protducts

I just wanted to post up about Smart Wax products with my recent experience.

There is a long list of products from this company that can be found at smartwax-usa.com. I will list the ones that I have had experience with so far.

Smart Leather - I have the Silver Novilla in my E92 M3. The upkeep is extremely difficult with having a 2yr old. I would not have picked this interior color but it is hard to find a slightly used M3 in Honolulu and when finding a good deal I sacraficed. Needless to say with Smart Leather I love my light colored interior. I applied very little (2 dime size pinches) of the $20 bottle to each seat w/an applicator pad, let set for appox 2 mins. I noticed dirt rising to the top. At this point I also noticed the smell of the product. Instead of the irrotating berry smells that many of the higher dollar products have it had a new car smell. As the instuctions said I simply wiped the surface dirt of with a clean clothe and it looked like new, only better. It left a non-greasy gloss that now makes the grippy novilla leather less easily scratched. It also made the seat noticeably softer. Since it worked so well on the E92 M3 I also used it on my E46 M3 to not only take care of the leather but to brighten up the black trim on the dash, arm rests, and around all the side windows. There has been no residue building on the windows and I am very impressed. After this experience I then purchased these other products:

Smart Polish - Since I am in Honolulu we often have rain when the sun is still shining. The rain and salt beat down on every car here and you see alot of cars with peeling paint and degraded clear coats. Needless to say we have alot of issues with waterspotting here. Since having some time working for a detailing company I have been very skeptical of any products that say they can remove water spots other than accual heavy duty waterspot removal acids. This stuff does the job. I love the fact that I totally skip the cleaner wax stage with this stuff and get better results. It smells like bubble gum.

Smart Wax - By the time you get here I think you will be asking your self how much better it can get. Then the wax answers that. No getting away from the bananna smell of the high carabuna waxes here.

Smart Deatailor/Smart Clay Bar - My boss at the detailing shop used to always push the polymers. When this stuff is teamed up as a lubricant for the claybar the results are awsome.

Smart Gel - This stuff really lasts. Been on my tires and trim for the last four weeks and no sign of wear yet. does not get all over the side of the car after you drive it either.

With all that being said I am very impressed with the Smart Wax line up. I have had some professional experience with alot more exspensive products and find these to be awesome. I highly reccomend all these listed products. I have put more of their products on order today. I am most excited about their sealant and the Concours Wax. I will post up pix when I get the Concours on for you to get the full picture. Although I think most would be impressed at the Clay Bar/Smart Detailor stage.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #2
e90m3_6MT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 GT3 RS

can't wait for the pics
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
BIMMERENTHUSIAST
Rep
Drives: 2006 E46 M3

I use 3M and turtle wax as well as meguiars compound. The clay bar isn't used to remove any type of scratches or swirl marks what so ever from my experience, but diff leaves a smooth surface quickly right after buffing. I do it on my E46 twice a week as well on my MKV R32
Appreciate 0