BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

05-03-2022, 06:19 PM   #1
waski
First Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335i

Injector Flow test result

Hi i send my injector for cleaning 2011 e92 m3 80 000miles

Before cleaning flow tested at close to a 5.1 % flow balance, after cleaning The Final injector flow balance improved to close to 3.3 %

Also he mention :
Bosch injector has no microfilter. There were no visible deposits / residue inside the injectors. Some significant visible debris came out when I back-flushed the injectors. This is not normal. You should check your fuel pump, fuel tank, fuel filter, and should give the fuel line a quick flush before re-installing the injectors.

So my question is what I should do ? How i can do fuel line flush , or check fuel filter ?
Appreciate 1
TboneS541040.00
      05-13-2022, 05:29 PM   #2
Richneerd
The WEEBM3
Rep
Drives: E90 WEEBM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by waski View Post
Hi i send my injector for cleaning 2011 e92 m3 80 000miles

Before cleaning flow tested at close to a 5.1 % flow balance, after cleaning The Final injector flow balance improved to close to 3.3 %

Also he mention :
Bosch injector has no microfilter. There were no visible deposits / residue inside the injectors. Some significant visible debris came out when I back-flushed the injectors. This is not normal. You should check your fuel pump, fuel tank, fuel filter, and should give the fuel line a quick flush before re-installing the injectors.

So my question is what I should do ? How i can do fuel line flush , or check fuel filter ?
HOW TO CLEAN A FUEL TANK
A dirty fuel tank can lead to fuel pump failures. Prevent potential problems by following these step-by-step instructions for proper fuel tank cleaning.

Many variables contribute to fuel pump failures. One of the most common culprits, especially when a replacement fuel pump stops working shortly after installation, is a dirty fuel tank. It is critical that contaminants and loose debris, including rust and sediment, are removed prior to fuel pump installation as they can clog the filter, jam the turbine pump, or significantly reduce fuel flow due to build-up.

The single most important way to prevent this is to ensure you start the fuel pump repair process with a clean fuel tank.

You can do this by following these step-by-step instructions for proper fuel tank cleaning:
  • Drain all fuel from the tank with an approved container or a fuel caddy.
  • Drop the tank (see your service manual for further instructions).
  • Clean area where the pump is being removed from with a brush.
  • Remove fuel pump from tank (avoid letting residual debris fall into the tank).
  • Insert hose into fuel tank and begin pouring a stream of clean, hot water.
  • While water is filling, spray mild detergent in the tank.
  • If opening allows, use a brush to loosen debris from the sides of the tank.
  • Stop stream of water.
  • Swish the water around to ensure all debris has been captured.
  • Dump dirty contaminated water out into a pan, being sure to capture any liquids.
  • Further wipe the tank out with a lint-free washcloth.
  • Dry the fuel tank completely with compressed air.
  • Inspect the tank for rust or physical damage; if present, the tank must be repaired or replaced.
  • Add fuel line antifreeze/water remover to help absorb any residual moisture.
  • After the tank has been dried, let it sit for 30 minutes.