BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

01-24-2019, 06:37 PM   #23
SV_M3
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 E93 Space Grey

Other option is DIY if you have a vehicle you can tow with. I did a roundtrip pick up a few years back for a car in Seattle and rented a u-haul vehicle trailer. A buddy of mine and me tagged team the drive using my Yukon.
2004 R1200C Mountak
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2019, 12:52 AM   #24
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

I still have an excellent shipper if anyone is in need.
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 02:03 PM   #25
LatifE90
Latif
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Slicktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
I still have an excellent shipper if anyone is in need.
I sent you a PM. Please give me a holler when you get the chance !
      10-12-2019, 02:47 PM   #26
BimmerPaul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E92M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajaracer View Post
Hello everyone,

I just pulled the trigger on a M3 located in Portland. Reaching out to forums if you have anyone you can recommend to have my car delivered from Portland to So Cal?

I am back into an M3 after selling my old 2012 back in 2014, I am excited to be back and plan to keep this one for a long. I learned my lesson the S65 is a keeper.

Thanks everyone!
Is it for a dealer or private party? I had mine shipped from Virginia from a dealer. All they do is place a bid online and find the cheapest rate. Ended up paying $900 delivered directly to my house
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #27
BOOF-M3
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerPaul View Post
Quote:
Hello everyone,

I just pulled the trigger on a M3 located in Portland. Reaching out to forums if you have anyone you can recommend to have my car delivered from Portland to So Cal?

I am back into an M3 after selling my old 2012 back in 2014, I am excited to be back and plan to keep this one for a long. I learned my lesson the S65 is a keeper.

Thanks everyone!
Is it for a dealer or private party? I had mine shipped from Virginia from a dealer. All they do is place a bid online and find the cheapest rate. Ended up paying $900 delivered directly to my house
Dealers typically tack on to what the shipper bids are. I know of at least one member who paid around $1200 having his vehicle shipped through a dealer only to find out that the shipper charged the dealer around $800 or $900 and the dealer made another $300 on top. Unless you trust the dealer and know them personally I would go online and get my own price.
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2019, 08:35 PM   #28
BimmerPaul
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 & E92M3 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOF-M3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerPaul View Post
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Thanks everyone!
Dealers typically tack on to what the shipper bids are. I know of at least one member who paid around $1200 having his vehicle shipped through a dealer only to find out that the shipper charged the dealer around $800 or $900 and the dealer made another $300 on top. Unless you trust the dealer and know them personally I would go online and get my own price.
Good point. Didn't think about that. Dealer didn't charge me though. I had to pay the transporter cash when he arrived. Either way, I guess he could have gave a cut of that as well
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2021, 07:23 AM   #29
Apolloe
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW

Shipment

You probably have specific questions about your individual shipping situation that may not be available on the car movers USA company’s website. As you think of questions, write them down, and be sure to contact your potential car shipping company to have them answer your questions.
Appreciate 0