BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

BPM

07-25-2018, 10:17 PM   #23
yidgyi
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 ZCP

I've always used ECSTuning but for the past year, my friends and I all have noticed a terrible downgrade in customer service. My friend got sent the wrong floor mats 4 times lol. How the hell do you mess up floor mats FOUR times?

Bought lots of parts from FCP Euro for my brake service (rotors, fluid, sensors etc) and it came packaged nicely. My only complaint was that the brake sensors we're freely dangling in the shipping box and ripped from the plastic container they come in. I ended up not using them anyway.
      07-26-2018, 12:45 AM   #24
thkfast
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 F82 M4 Sakhir Orange DCT

I order all my oil change kits and OEM parts thru ECS Tuning. I cross shop before ordering and ECS's parts and kits are always competitively priced. The items arrive QUICK and well packaged. I've had 2 ordering mistakes - one mine, one theirs and they were able to pull up my order info and email me a RGA within minutes. Returns are hassle-free. Unless I run into a problem going forward, I will continue to shop with them.

Sorry to hear about other peoples bad experiences.

2015 F82 M4 - Sakhir Orange Metallic
2013 E92 M3 / 2013 E92 335is / 2010 E90 335i / 2007 E90 335i
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 03:28 AM   #25
jaehshim
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

everyone will have different experience and hence different opinions, but OP, what you experienced doesn't seem to be a pleasant one.

I've bought parts from ECS before, always were in good packaging and fast shipping as stated on tracking.
They are not the cheapest for sure, but not the most expensive one also. They cover a huge variety of cars and a lot of items, from the smallest screw for our car.
Hopefully you get in touch with them (or they reach out to you) to discuss the matter
      07-26-2018, 04:19 AM   #26
rks68rt
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Dinan ZCP Black DCT

Sorry to hear about the bad experiences......

I've had good luck with ECS over the years with only one bad experience they corrected above and beyond expectations just recently.

The BMW CF front splitters arrived cracked and broken due to in part to terrible packaging and FedEx crushing the box.

I refused delivery and called ECS describing the situation. I demanded they immediately send out a new set before receiving the returned parts back and re-processing payment because it was clearly their fault.

I was not sure what would occur after the phone call but to my surprise, beautifully packaged splitters arrived 5 days later in perfect shape and they even credited me back the $700!!

Chris at ECS was awesome in making sure I continued as a happy customer.

It's too bad suppliers cannot be more consistent from customer to customer.....
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 12:42 PM   #27
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Dan Curtis just convinced me to complete my transition from ECS to FCP.
FCP just needs a website like ECS'.

Oversized key case is my fault? It has no PN and it was directly listed for an E90, their site said it was a BMW part made to fit my key. What arrived was about 2x the size of the fob.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 01:20 PM   #28
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

ECS's website is about all they have in my book. Looks nice. That's it.
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd5986.00
      07-26-2018, 01:47 PM   #29
MSY
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 m3

Interesting stuff. I'd transition to bimmerworld
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 01:56 PM   #30
dkexige
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, 8J TTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
Im going to copy and paste the post sent to me by a friend from a former employee that further solidifies any doubts that this place is garbage. It's long but worth the read..

Link to actual post: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1969...0020475315172/
Interesting. Who does the Turner R&D now? I was under the impression that it was still Turner and that they had just sold the warehouse/sales/distribution arm. The turner undertray replacement seems like a decently engineered product to me.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 02:02 PM   #31
NoHedge
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 | 991.1 C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanMan View Post
Take a gander at the Facebook page. You'll see that most people who were promised return labels never got them.

Also, you'll see a lot of people who were not given the right part or told that a part fit and it did not.
They shipped damaged brake pads without supporting clips and I had to chase them down for months to get a return label (was promised but never came).
Appreciate 1
IanMan382.50
      07-26-2018, 02:14 PM   #32
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTSx2/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByeFelicia View Post
It was official: Will Turner sold his company to the devil. A soulless machine that didn't care about the car community or its employees. It cared about one thing only: Profit.
I would place the blame on selling a nice company (Turner) to the devil (ECS) is 100% on Will Turner.
Appreciate 1
6ixSpd5986.00
      07-26-2018, 02:34 PM   #33
Space_M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Bmw E90 M3

Not yet!

Have ordered from them for 3years now and haven't had this issue so far. Hope I don't lol, being my luck it'll probably happen next order I do lol. But so far can't complain besides the prices.
Appreciate 1
Timujin351.50
      07-26-2018, 02:47 PM   #34
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I would place the blame on selling a nice company (Turner) to the devil (ECS) is 100% on Will Turner.

Right, because there's never been a time in history when someone misrepresented something in a business transaction.
      07-26-2018, 03:12 PM   #35
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Right, because there's never been a time in history when someone misrepresented something in a business transaction.
If ECS is that bad there should have been many warning signs. If you want, you can have the sale protect your employees for a certain amount of years, etc

Sounds to me like Turner did not do his due diligence and was more interested in getting a payout for his business than in his employees and customers
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 07:42 PM   #36
da jemster
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3,E93 M3,F22 M235i,i1 i3

Have spent thousands with them and a couple of orders may have been a day or two late but I've always gotten my orders.
      07-26-2018, 07:46 PM   #37
BPe90M3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AW e92 M3

This is all very interesting reading. Always thought of ECS as one of the well-known go to brands, but never ordered anything from there. I will be sticking to FCPEuro for OEM parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 09:11 PM   #38
BayE30
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 ZCP

I have ordered from ECS 3x due to necessity. Out of the 3 orders, 2 had incorrect parts, and 1 was mislabelled and i never received the order or a refund. I am beyond done with that company.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2018, 10:23 PM   #39
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
If ECS is that bad there should have been many warning signs. If you want, you can have the sale protect your employees for a certain amount of years, etc

Sounds to me like Turner did not do his due diligence and was more interested in getting a payout for his business than in his employees and customers

Perhaps. He could've just had bad lawyers who didn't review the terms of the sale closely or didn't have experience with it. He's a racer & car guy, not a Wharton MBA. These deals are always about give-and-take, so maybe he did try to get some of those things. We only have one side of the story from one former employee.

Not sure why you're so quick to throw Will Turner under the bus when there is zero proof to support your theory of him being greedy and selfish in the sale.

For the record, I am not pro-ECS nor am I pro-Turner. I just don't like passing judgment on things without having the facts and hindsight is always 20/20.

Last edited by dparm; 07-26-2018 at 10:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 01:56 AM   #40
Bemo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92M3 LRP Edition

I've bought things from ECS twice without any problems.
It should be noted that their absence from and silence in this thread are deafening!
Not sure if they are a paid vendor but there are too many complaints in this thread that should not be left unaddressed.
Contact all grieving parties, figure out and solve the problems, make folks whole again while flushing out and exposing the liars.
Save your reputation and move on.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 02:22 AM   #41
kyippee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, Supra MK5, F44 235GC

Sorry to hear the bad experience. My personal experience having ordered many times with them as early as 2013 has been good. Generally decent prices and a good online shopping experience. Only had one recent issue where Turner monoballs I bought failed on one side. Was a big pain, and I bought brand new OEM control arms from a dealership ($$$$) to get the car back in shape for a road trip. To ECS' credit, they were quick to offer a return when I called with my issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 06:07 AM   #42
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dparm View Post
Perhaps. He could've just had bad lawyers who didn't review the terms of the sale closely or didn't have experience with it. He's a racer & car guy, not a Wharton MBA. These deals are always about give-and-take, so maybe he did try to get some of those things. We only have one side of the story from one former employee.

Not sure why you're so quick to throw Will Turner under the bus when there is zero proof to support your theory of him being greedy and selfish in the sale.

For the record, I am not pro-ECS nor am I pro-Turner. I just don't like passing judgment on things without having the facts and hindsight is always 20/20.
I've been through multiple M&A.

I blame the seller, not the buyer. The buyer was whoever they were. It is up to the seller to decide if they want to continue their legacy and protect employees and customers.

In each of the M&A that form the basis of my comment, the owner and sometimes top management has received a wonderful golden parachute with terms like buying corporate jets for $1.
Meanwhile, the 'little people' (aka employees and customers) get screwed over and the best part of the whole thing are the employees, while getting screwed, all remember the original owner like a patron saint and continue to be loyal to the company.

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 07-27-2018 at 11:26 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 07:46 AM   #43
Montaver
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 718 GT4 & M340i LCI

Why don't you go to customer service? I don't think a disgruntled facebook group is evidence of much either, go read negative reviews on Amazon and you'd think every product that arrived was broken, incorrect, rubbish, and overpriced.

As for the actual sale itself, I think its hilarious people with 0 knowledge about the deal or the owner make claims as if they are somehow fact.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2018, 07:52 AM   #44
IanMan
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
I've bought things from ECS twice without any problems.
It should be noted that their absence from and silence in this thread are deafening!
Not sure if they are a paid vendor but there are too many complaints in this thread that should not be left unaddressed.
Contact all grieving parties, figure out and solve the problems, make folks whole again while flushing out and exposing the liars.
Save your reputation and move on.
I'm telling you dude. That page has more than 5,000 likes for a reason. I can't tell you how many similar stories I've read on there. Most people post pics too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montaver View Post
Why don't you go to customer service? I don't think a disgruntled facebook group is evidence of much either, go read negative reviews on Amazon and you'd think every product that arrived was broken, incorrect, rubbish, and overpriced.

As for the actual sale itself, I think its hilarious people with 0 knowledge about the deal or the owner make claims as if they are somehow fact.
Wouldn't that be a great idea. Did you read the original post? I can't tell you how many times I contacted them saying I wanted my money back. Go take a gander at the FB group too. Go ahead and read how many people were promised return labels for the wrong item and never got it, or how many people were dropped from the chat, or hung up on, on the phone.
Appreciate 0