BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

10-08-2019, 06:13 AM   #375
LatifE90
Latif
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 Slicktop

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90who View Post
Are these still available?
Yes. I just bought mine 3 weeks ago from this site they provided http://www.teammfactory.com/catalog/...CW-TRS-13E92MA
      05-17-2020, 09:43 PM   #376
wyatth
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 ZCP

Bumping this up .. any more long term reports? Everybody with this still totally happy? I like the idea in concept but one report mentioned that it made DCT a bit clunkier, esp at low speeds. Not too interested in that.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 10:09 PM   #377
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyatth View Post
Bumping this up .. any more long term reports? Everybody with this still totally happy? I like the idea in concept but one report mentioned that it made DCT a bit clunkier, esp at low speeds. Not too interested in that.
all is good here with my original group buy version one. 100% happy and it would be one of the first mods i would do if i had to start over.

you feel more of the car. it is more direct. it simply magnifies the feel of a dct car, so if you like the way the dct feels, you're going to love the carbon driveshaft. if you wish the dct was smoother, you might not like it.
wyatth3548.50
      05-17-2020, 10:17 PM   #378
Route 16
I got lei'd
Philippines
Rep
Drives: '10 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by roastbeef View Post
all is good here with my original group buy version one. 100% happy and it would be one of the first mods i would do if i had to start over.

you feel more of the car. it is more direct. it simply magnifies the feel of a dct car, so if you like the way the dct feels, you're going to love the carbon driveshaft. if you wish the dct was smoother, you might not like it.
This hasn't happened to me in 4000 or so miles but my DCT light came on and was skipping gears. I could only go from 1 to 3 to 5 to 7. It's happened 4 times already but it's whenever I decelerate either about to go over a speed bump or about to go from the right lane to make a left to go on the on ramp. Never while driving at normal speeds or highway.

Anyone know what could be the cause?

Replaced transmission gasket 4k miles ago, changed fluid, topped fluid, changed sump and filter. Noticed it clunky too. Could this be software issue? May need to "re-tune/flash"? Haven't read codes with my cable yet using Alpine's software but when I did last time it doesn't read transmission codes, just engine. What could be a good code reader to read "everything"?

I do want this driveshaft still
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 10:24 PM   #379
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep
Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:

Dammit man you're going to make me get one as well!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 10:25 PM   #380
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Dammit man you're going to make me get one as well!
you're going to need two sir. they are that good.
      05-17-2020, 10:27 PM   #381
wyatth
Colonel
Rep

Thanks, RoastBeef. You’ve been consistent in your praise and are certainly a strong pull (pun intended)!
I do love the way DCT feels and the mechanical feel and connection of the car in general (while I love the GTS DCT flash for its smoothness, I don’t wish it was a normal auto at all!!). Turning it up a notch is exactly what I’m after, but I must remind myself it’s ultimately still a street car that needs to be able to double duty. My ethos is to build what an E90 CS could have been, so my quest is for things that turn it up a notch to 11/10 with little to no downside. Eg, quiet muffler (Eisenmann Sport), relatively boring Dinan bits, Stage 1, etc. This driveshaft and solid subframe seem to be the only things left (not interested in poly/solid diff on this car, been there done that, love the feel but not the whine). It’s so easy to go “too far” and if I wanted something much more intense, I would have kept my E46M. A test I use for things is what might I notice and appreciate but my wife might not even notice (not that she gives a hoot, just a fair test).

Last edited by wyatth; 05-17-2020 at 10:51 PM..
Appreciate 1
roastbeef11584.50
      05-17-2020, 10:33 PM   #382
redline9001
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, F15 X5, G14 F150

Quote:
Thanks, RoastBeef. You’ve been consistent in your praise and are certainly a strong pull (pun intended)!
I do love the way DCT feels and the mechanical feel and connection of the car in general. Turning it up a notch is exactly what I’m after, but I must remind myself it’s ultimately still a street car that needs to be able to double duty. My ethos is to build what an E90 CS could have been, so my quest is for things that turn it up a notch to 11/10 with little to no downside. Eg, quiet muffler (Eisenmann Sport), relatively boring Dinan bits, Stage 1, etc. This driveshaft and solid subframe seem to be the only things left (not interested in poly/solid diff on this car, been there done that, love the feel but not the whine). It’s so easy to go “too far” and if I wanted something much more intense, I would have kept my E46M.
I miss my e46... I might have to do this ...
      05-17-2020, 10:37 PM   #383
wyatth
Colonel
Rep

I certainly do at times, too ... don’t get me wrong. Just not what I’m after with this car.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 10:50 PM   #384
Lienrocs
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, M4 GTS, HP4

I had a slight vibration over about 80 but it was just a loose bolt. I torqued everything back to spec after replacing the guibo hardware and it's perfect. Zero downsides at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2020, 10:59 PM   #385
Richbot
Major General
Rep
Drives: Jerez Black E90

Mine is a manual, I've had mine in since last September, so, about 100 miles, lol

It's been perfect. I forget I have it, until I don't flub a step-off or the drivetrain doesn't wind up and clunk or etc. In short, it un-breaks the 6MT drivetrain which is partially broken from the factory. The factory driveshaft has lots of "character" I guess, and I'm sure it's more durable in some harsh conditions/use cases, but it really is one of the few no-downsides mods I've done

You couldn't pay me to put non-factory diff bushes in my car, but it's almost purely a street car. I'd be willing to try solid subframe bushes, for free, I suppose. But I'm not going to bother until and unless they rot or the whole subframe has to come out for some other reason
      05-17-2020, 11:11 PM   #386
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I do love the way DCT feels and the mechanical feel and connection of the car in general (while I love the GTS DCT flash for its smoothness, I don’t wish it was a normal auto at all!!). Turning it up a notch is exactly what I’m after, but I must remind myself it’s ultimately still a street car that needs to be able to double duty. My ethos is to build what an E90 CS could have been, so my quest is for things that turn it up a notch to 11/10 with little to no downside. Eg, quiet muffler (Eisenmann Sport), relatively boring Dinan bits, Stage 1, etc. This driveshaft and solid subframe seem to be the only things left (not interested in poly/solid diff on this car, been there done that, love the feel but not the whine). It’s so easy to go “too far” and if I wanted something much more intense, I would have kept my E46M. A test I use for things is what might I notice and appreciate but my wife might not even notice (not that she gives a hoot, just a fair test).
how i evaluate mods is this; knowing what i now know, would i do it again?
if i balled up my car at the track or something and had to build another, sub/diff bushings, this driveshaft, and brakes would be the top three aside from bearings.
SYT_Shadow11479.50
      05-17-2020, 11:41 PM   #387
wyatth
Colonel
Rep

And that’s a great metric, too! But you track and your shortlist does include solid diff bushings, which I (like Richbot) wouldn’t want if paid to run them. So while we do reasonably want different things out of our cars, I’m wondering if there are some items - subframe and driveshaft, perhaps - that would fit in perfectly for both of our builds. Would love to drive a DCT car with this CFDS before dropping the coin, but i don’t know if any locals (SFBA) are running it.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 01:30 AM   #388
Redd
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW E92 M3 Dakar Edition

MFactory CFDS on my DCT is a no downside mod. Less drive train noise, more positive shift feeling, extra acceleration due to drive train weight reduction.

Same with solid subframe bushes. Zero downsides.

I also have purple diff bushes. This is a mod I'm 50/50 about. I love the tight rear end feel from it, but unless I'm driving hard, the diff whine is noticeable (but not really annoying to me). When I'm driving hard the exhaust drowns everything else out so I don't notice it. So I guess I just have to drive hard more often. 😂
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 03:40 AM   #389
roastbeef
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And that’s a great metric, too! But you track and your shortlist does include solid diff bushings, which I (like Richbot) wouldn’t want if paid to run them. So while we do reasonably want different things out of our cars, I’m wondering if there are some items - subframe and driveshaft, perhaps - that would fit in perfectly for both of our builds. Would love to drive a DCT car with this CFDS before dropping the coin, but i don’t know if any locals (SFBA) are running it.
sorry, i group the solid subframe and diff bushings together. peanut butter and jelly. i'd do them again. if they didn't whine, that would be cool, but i like the way they feel more than i dislike the whine.
i'm a windows down kinda guy, so the whine isn't noticeable with the windows down anyways.
      05-18-2020, 04:52 AM   #390
rhyary
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3

Quote:
Quote:
sorry, i group the solid subframe and diff bushings together. peanut butter and jelly. i'd do them again. if they didn't whine, that would be cool, but i like the way they feel more than i dislike the whine.
i'm a windows down kinda guy, so the whine isn't noticeable with the windows down anyways.
Yes to all but add H&R solid rear sway bar since you already have the rear apart. Or Hotchkis if you prefer adjustable.

No issue with MFactory CFDS starting a 4th track season.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 05:35 AM   #391
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

im running mfactory on a supercharged car and its holding up well although I avoid launching the car.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 07:01 AM   #392
Erickuokwa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Quote:
how i evaluate mods is this; knowing what i now know, would i do it again?
if i balled up my car at the track or something and had to build another, sub/diff bushings, this driveshaft, and brakes would be the top three aside from bearings.
I second this!
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 07:08 AM   #393
serranot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
I mentioned earlier that I perceived a "vibration." Turns out this is more of a resonance based on the material. I have had it up to 140 and there is zero vibration. I get some resonance between 60 and 70. I was aware of it at first because it was different. It is now "normal" to me.

This, combined with the Autosolutions SSK, transforms the car's shifting behavior for 6MTs. IMHO. I now recommend this mod unless you are sensitive to NVH.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 10:47 AM   #394
wyatth
Colonel
Rep

^ Which version do you have? I'm only interested in the latest MFactory design, which is supposedly balanced and has no NVH (some say a little more clunk, some say less). Can you explain what you hear/feel? Is it like diff whine, or feint hummmmmm?
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 11:14 AM   #395
Down_Shift
Captain
Rep
Drives: Slay

In the process of swapping out the DS for mfactory. Along with solid rear subframe and diff mounts/bushings. Picked up a new factory guibo. My original guibo looked good other than a small tiny crack. 120k miles.

Swapping poly back to stock trans mounts as well to get a feel of the back after everything is done. (6MT)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-18-2020, 12:18 PM   #396
serranot
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
^ Which version do you have? I'm only interested in the latest MFactory design, which is supposedly balanced and has no NVH (some say a little more clunk, some say less). Can you explain what you hear/feel? Is it like diff whine, or feint hummmmmm?
The latest version. It is a very low frequency rumble that is detectable between 60-70. Then it goes away.
Appreciate 0