BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

10-07-2019, 09:58 AM   #1
RoadRunner335is
Green Horn
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

2011 335is Coupe, DCT, Saddle Brown, 46K Miles, Exceptional

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
USD 25,000.00

Item Interest
***For some reason, this post won't allow me to upload attachments. You can see many pictures of this car over at the e90/e92/e93 market place classifieds - cars for sale - same type of post as here***

Please note that in some of the interior pictures, the leather looks orange. The leather is definitely the standard BMW saddle brown. Further, in some of the pictures, the carbon fiber looks yellowish or dull - this is CERTAINLY not the case. It was cloudy out and rest assure that the carbon fiber looks amazing.

For sale is our 2011 BMW 335IS (Jacksonville, Florida) with just under 46,000 files. In 2014 after searching and waiting for weeks, we found this car at a Porsche dealer in Asheville, SC. It had 29,xxx miles when we purchased it. We wanted Alpine White with a light interior because parked in the sun, these colors are considerably cooler (inside) than a black car (like my 2007 Jetta). Anyway, the dealer connected me to the previous owner (literally an older woman) who traded it in for a new Boxster. She loved the car but liked the Porsche more (her husband had a 911). Anyway, she explained that she was a very conservative driver, rarely drove it in the rain (never in snow or ice), never drove it hard – etc., etc. Before her, she said that she was told the car was used as a demo by a BMW executive at a BMW dealer. That REALLY concerned me, but we plunged forward anyway because it still had warranty left (and the car was in ridiculously good condition). Regardless, the car was (and still!) extremely clean and appeared very well taken care of – so we bought it. The car has been extremely reliable with no issues whatsoever.

This particular car is highly optioned and the only two things that I can see that didn’t come with the car are the special 335IS 19” wheels and the Harmon Kardon stereo system (it came with the next stereo option down – which does include a hard drive for music storage). Regardless, the wheels have been replaced with 19” Forgestar (https://www.forgestar.com/wheels/rot...ck-series/f14/) wheels and Hankook tires. Further, I installed a complete (not subwoofer) Stage 1 system from BAVSOUND (it sounds spectacular). All other available packages and options appear to be on the car – including that beautiful saddle brown leather! This car doesn’t have (wasn’t available) a back up camera but does include sonar to let you know if you’re about to back into something…with audible beeping. Some of the features include:

o Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT – same as M3), Sports leather steering wheel with paddle shifters, heated front seats, BMW assist with Bluetooth, Sat radio, Aux port (iphone compatible that works with Spotify), Alarm, Comfort Access, Sunroof, Power Rear Sunshade, Power front seats with memory, Parking distance control, Auto high beams, Heated front seats, headlight washers, universal garage door opener, digital compass on mirror, Dakota leather, among others…

o Specific to 335 S – Shadow line black trim, upgraded engine mounts, upgraded cooling system, additional oil cooler, special IS exhaust system, over-boost function (though this is negated because of the Cobb tune), standard upgraded lighting package (headlights and taillights), M steering wheel, DCT (same as M3), functional rear diffuser, black kidney grills, launch control (though I’ve never tried it), a few badges, etc.

A lot of work has been done (by me only and with great care and pride) to make this car extremely special. I was planning to keep it for a very long time (until I die?) and wanted it the way I wanted it. I put a list together of most of what has been spent – it’s mostly complete except for miscellaneous bolts, hardware, etc. But it does give an idea of what we spent on the car, making it very special (parts used are of very high quality OR OE BMW). I took great care and pride working on our BMW and nothing was ever done haphazardly nor were shortcuts ever taken.

Why are we selling the car I thought I was going to keep for many years?

1) We need room for our new hobby – kayaking. We need room to store a trailer that will have 3 kayaks perpetually mounted to it and that will reside in our garage. We want to be able to hook it up and go without having to load the kayaks on the cars. They are Hobies and a little heavy and it’s a pain! The other half of our garage is a gym and that will ALWAYS be like that.
2) I’m not driving it very often. Though I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE driving it, I’m afraid to put the miles on it…I don’t like it getting dirty, etc. My daily is a VW Jetta and my wife has the same (Jetta). I hate seeing this beautiful car sitting when someone else could be enjoying it.
3) Time – I just don’t have the time to enjoy it, wash and detail, etc. In the past, I’ve spent time polishing it; treating the rubber trim parts, wiping down inside of hood, etc., etc. I do enjoy that but I just don’t have the time or would rather be outside/

Car has a small lien left on it at Florida First Credit Union. We owe much less than NADA of a standard 335IS in this condition. The asking price of this car is more than what the books say. But if you consider things like the overall condition, low miles, color combination, new battery, newer tires with few miles, new spark plugs, new air and cabin filters, new brakes and brake fluid, frequent oil changes, $20k in upgrades, etc., well – someone will be getting a great deal.

Doors – I’m anal and my family hates it but I don’t care. When it comes to car doors, trunk and hood, I never slam them. My uncle slams the doors on his A5 and with 45K miles, there are components of the doors that are loose. Since we’ve owned this BMW, the doors have never been slammed – always closed with a gentle push from a couple inches away. Further, it appears as though the previous owner was the same way because everything with the doors, hood and trunk are solid and tight – like new. When the doors are closed, the window moves up slightly (like a lot of coupes) – all works perfectly.

Speed bumps, curbs and potholes – people behind me hate me because I slow down to an idle or slower to drive over speed bumps. My 2007 Jetta has 150K miles and it still drives very tight… When I drive into our driveway, I slow down and gently roll/idle up and onto the rolled gutter. I watch for potholes and do my best to try and avoid them… Or other known imperfections – like manholes, etc. – have always been careful avoiding such things. This BMW drives like new. During an alignment, the BMW valet driver (at the dealer) commented at how tight this car drives – better than new he said (not sure what that means…).

Washing – consistently used the “two bucket” method. First bucket for suds and second for sponge rinse. I took great care not to introduce swirl marks. I used gentle degreaser to keep rubbers/trim clean as well as fuel tank fill area. Consistently kept wheels clean, internal and external as well as tires degreased.

Performed polish about two years ago. Polishing was done by me using an orbital polisher with a conservative (cut) polish compound. This was done after a thorough wash and “claying” of paint. Once polishing was done, I waxed and sealed the car. I’ve applied wax multiple times while owning the car.

General driving habits – well, I’m nearly 51 and the driving I’ve done with this car is generally to and from my office – 9 miles away – once or twice a week. To put it bluntly, I’ve babied this car. It’s never, ever been driven aggressively, never been to a track, never dragged raced, etc. I’m light on the brakes light on the boost. I’m the kind of person that is afraid to use things hard… Remember, I was “planning” to own this car for a very, very long time… The enjoyment I get from this car is walking up to it after work or the feeling I get the night before knowing that I’ll be driving it the next day. Or, listening to older rock (with the exhaust in the background) while driving with the windows down on a cool, fall day. I’ve also gotten enjoyment while working on it and getting to know the car very well inside and out. Rain – not seen rain in years…

Condition:

o Paint – paint is near flawless, but certainly not perfect. However, you will need to look closely (practically study!) the paint to find a random swirl mark, which there are very few. Otherwise, the paint condition is superb with a deep shine (well, for the Alpine white anyway). There are fewer than 5, very small pebble scuffs that have been obtained through the years that have been filled with BMW touchup pen. These are incredibly minor and again, would need to examine paint closely to find them. The roof wrap is flawless and looks great! The BMW emblems currently have carbon fiber decals which can be easily taken off. My son got that as a gift for me…

o Wheels and tires – the wheels in excellent condition. Absolutely NO curb rash, swirl marks or anything – wheels are beautiful! The tires have very little wear with about 4K to 5K miles on them. Absolutely no rot or uneven wear and have a lot of tread left.

o Storage/Parking – we’ve kept it in our garage since day 1! It’s never been left outside overnight while we’ve owned it. Previous owner had it garage kept, too. Also, our garage is climate controlled and kept at 74 degrees in the summer and 65 in the winter.

o Brakes – brand new front rotors and pads (maybe 1k miles) installed. There is A LOT of factory pad left on the rears, however, I have brand new pads and rotors for the rear (included in sale) as well as new wear sensor and other items to rebuild calipers (not needed, but I was planning to do that anyway when they were powder coated). I rebuilt the front calipers when they were powder coated last year. I was in the process of getting the rears powder coated… I obtained another set of BMW 335is calipers and the powder coating company kept getting it wrong. In the end, the introduce rust in the piston chambers and I gave up and told the company to keep the rotors and that I’ll try a different company. I do have the freshly powder coated brackets that can be used to reference the color for future work on this if desired. Nevertheless, there is A LOT of life (25K+ miles) on the rear pads and rotors if you decide to leave it be. Also, I installed brand new, blue and special order from UK Stainless Steel Goodridge Brake lines.

o Suspension – all brand new and adjustable – damping and compression. There is A LOT of upgrade here (mostly of M3 components directly from BMW) and it’s all very tight and clean. The dampers are Motion Control Suspension (MCS 2WNR) and springs are 60mm Swift. The current spring combination works very well and provides quite a bit of range of the dampers. I upgraded the rear subframe bushings to those from an M3, which makes a lot of difference. I even went so far as to replace the front thrust arms (front upper control arms) with Turner Motorsport moonball units (https://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-2...ding-m-models/) There are very few miles (under 1,500K) on this new suspension system. Also another huge upgrade included in the swap are rear, lower camber arms (spring support) from the M3 (https://www.hpashop.com/BMW-OEM-M3-R...ink-e9x-m3.htm - arms only) – but please look at upgrade list for an idea of what’s been installed. Also included is the strut bracing system from an M3.

o Interior – Saddle Brown Nappa Leather – is beautiful with Alpine White. All leather is in excellent condition except the driver’s side bolster – left side of seat. It’s (very slightly) scuffed slightly from the previous owner and the total area is small. I replaced the center armrest with a factory split unit and the left split is adjustable back and forth. I swapped out the “IS” aluminum trip with genuine BMW carbon fiber (NOT CF leather) trim, which was very expensive – purchased from BMW dealers in multiple orders because some dealers had pieces cheaper than others. I don’t have the original trim as I sold that to help pay for the CF trim. The carbon fiber makes the interior warmer and looks amazing. This was a rare and expensive option on the e9x M3. Please note that the carbon fiber in some of the pictures looks dull or faded. This is NOT the case. It’s practically brand new and gorgeous. You can refer to some of the other pictures for a better idea. Also, I upgraded the speakers to BAVSOUND because the car didn’t come with Harmon Kardon. Also included is an ECS Boost Gauge/vent kit, which I installed. It works perfectly and looks amazing. NO leaks from windows or sunroof, nor has there ever been. Folding mirrors work perfectly…as does sunshade (rear).

o Engine and compartment – absolutely no issue with engine or cooling system. I installed new spark plugs about 2,000 miles ago. Engine starts perfectly, runs perfectly, shuts down perfectly – NO issues whatsoever. Remember, the “IS” comes with a secondary oil cooler, upgraded radiator and upgraded engine mounts from the factory. I replaced the standard engine compartment 335i cowl with that of an M3. This is the plastic area at the back of the engine compartment. The M3 cowl allows much more access to the engine and engine compartment and looks much better. The Go-Fast Bits blow-off valve is from Australia and works great on the charge pipe. I do have the original airbox if you’d like to use that instead of the dual cone system. I like the dual cone system simply because I like hearing the air noises the turbos make. Speaking of turbos – NO issues whatsoever! Also, I’ve use only AMSOIL since we’ve had it. Around 2015 or so, I purchased the Cobb Tuning N54 Stage 1 Power Package w/V3 tune kit. It’s been installed since with absolutely no issue whatsoever. The sale certainly includes this.

o DCT – I am a person who typically drives a manual. But when I took this car for a test drive and experienced the DCT for the first time, I couldn’t resist (the purchase)… This DCT shifts amazingly (in all modes – manual or auto). In sport mode, the shifts are immediate. It’s NOTHING like a typical auto where it can take 2-3 seconds for the actual shift to occur. Nope – the shift (in sport mode) is instant and with the exhaust note, the sound is amazing (the combination of the “IS” exhaust and immediate shift). In normal mode, the car drives like a refined luxury car would – very, very tame.

o Air Conditioning System – works perfectly – never an issue

o Lighting – the lighting package on this car is one of the reasons I like this car so much. Nearly everything (external) from the factory is LED and everything works perfectly. Both front and rear daytime running lights look amazing on this car. The condition of the plastics is like new; everything is as clear as it was on day one. The side markers were replaced by me with factory fresh units.

o Steering – tight, no alignment issues; no vibrations; with suspension upgrades, you’re able to feel more of the road for a better driving experience.

o General switches and misc – all work perfectly – all light switches, window switches, locks, seatbelt assist, seatbelts, speaker system, headliner, trim, folding mirrors, sunroof, latches, arm rest, back seat fold down, rear window shade (factory option), audio system – all work perfectly. One thing that doesn’t work 100% of the time is the comfort access. It just depends on where I am and how close the key is to the door. The dealer has stated that BMW doesn’t produce the best comfort access available… So I’ve simply learned to accept it. The remote locking and unlocking from key fob works fine.

o Other Items – cruise control, wipes, horn, instruments, computer, backup detection system, power and heated seats – everything else works perfectly.

o Exhaust System – flawless – and sounds AMAZING! The tips were welded by a local shop.

Serious inquiries only, please :-) Proof of funds, loan, etc before test drive. We're not in a hurry to sell but would like to make room! Willing to help with shipment costs if that's the direction we need to go to make a deal.

Last edited by RoadRunner335is; 10-07-2019 at 01:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2019, 08:38 PM   #2
Briland33
Private
Rep
Drives: 340i Msport

Post a link with the photos
Appreciate 0