BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

European Auto Source (EAS)

09-16-2019, 08:29 PM   #1
Freiheit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Competition Coupe

2011 ZCP / 6MT/ stripper 41k miles/ $27k in CT`

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
This is not my car, this is an M3Post PSA....

Early production 2011 M3 Competition, manual trans, no NAV but it has a sunroof. If you like sunroofs and you want to row gears this is the car for you.

WBSKG9C55BE368785

According to the MDecoder report, this car is SGM over Black Novillo. Single hump, Hifi Audio, Heated seats, USB Audio, and a sunroof. At just under $27k this car is a fantastic deal.

This is more than a little under the market, and the ad just went up from what I can tell. Someone who knows how to haggle could pick up a nice ride.

Then again, there's no pics, so I would advise anyone seriously interested to get those first, and then get a PPI done.

Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #2
Rambler
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 996 Turbo; G80 M3; FJ80 LC

Accident history with front, side and rear damage reported:

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...4594/overview/
Appreciate 1
      09-17-2019, 08:50 AM   #3
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

Not saying it isn't true, but where in that cars.com link did you see that? I don't have Carfax, and I can't get to Autocheck from home, but the Cargurus link for that car shows no accident history:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=249673782
Dinan Stg II Suspension • Remus Race • Gintani CF lip / CF quarter fins • Vorsteiner Type II CF Diffuser • BMW Performance CF Spoiler / black fender gills / black kidney grilles / CF mirror cover • Speed Element GTS CF side skirts • M3 GTS door sills • Lux Angel Eyes • body color reflectors • Alex@Alpine Stg I tune • AA filter
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 09:47 AM   #4
Rambler
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
Not saying it isn't true, but where in that cars.com link did you see that? I don't have Carfax, and I can't get to Autocheck from home, but the Cargurus link for that car shows no accident history:

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used...ting=249673782
It's in the free carfax in the ad. It may be "accident" free but there was damage reported.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistor...&partner=CDM_O

Last edited by Rambler; 09-17-2019 at 09:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 10:11 AM   #5
Freiheit
Captain
Rep

I see. I noticed the Carfax link but I thought that was an enticement to get people to signup for Carfax. I usually just go by CG to narrow things down past the obvious incidents and then go from there.

Did you notice it shows the same damaged areas twice, several months apart? If I had to guess, I'd say hail damage or vandalism, followed by an improper or insufficient repair, a redo, and then a frustrated owner getting rid of the car by trading it in at a Honda dealership a couple months later.

This is one reason I dislike Carfax - the vagueness. Plus its full of holes. I personally owned a vehicle that was repaired after a very serious accident, and despite having basically the entire front of the car replaced by the highest rated shop in the state there was nothing on Carfax.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2019, 01:21 PM   #6
Rambler
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freiheit View Post
I see. I noticed the Carfax link but I thought that was an enticement to get people to signup for Carfax. I usually just go by CG to narrow things down past the obvious incidents and then go from there.

Did you notice it shows the same damaged areas twice, several months apart? If I had to guess, I'd say hail damage or vandalism, followed by an improper or insufficient repair, a redo, and then a frustrated owner getting rid of the car by trading it in at a Honda dealership a couple months later.

This is one reason I dislike Carfax - the vagueness. Plus its full of holes. I personally owned a vehicle that was repaired after a very serious accident, and despite having basically the entire front of the car replaced by the highest rated shop in the state there was nothing on Carfax.
Yeah, that's pretty odd, hard to know if it's the same incident reported twice or 2 separate incidents in the same locations and an owner with really bad luck! I agree Carfax is not the end all be all but it can sometimes provide some useful info absent anything else.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #7
cognoscenti
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3 6MT ZCP MR

Weirdly they did not publish the pics, and instead put them in the video on the site. So, you can see them by watching the video. It doesn't look like they bothered to recondition the car (especially the interior), and that awful positioning of the front license plate for Connecticut...drilled holes, anyone? Odo shows 41,818 miles, and the dirty exhaust pipes indicate that it has felt every one of them.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2019, 02:55 PM   #8
MVEED3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Dropped in for the stripper. Leaving disappointed.
2013 HP4 Competition
Appreciate 0