BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

EXXEL Distributions

08-16-2019, 08:58 PM   #1
M_Chronos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Sorting Out the Headlights

Headlights were aimed quite high, have had the M3 since May and shamefully just got around to sorting this out. Annoyingly it's not just the little things but everything and paying attention to details that prevents crap like this.

Suspect this happened when the KW HAS kit was installed. Took significantly more time getting the car on the rack than the actual fix.

Second pic is how it should be. Got the car off the lift to check light alignment and they were now quite low. The adjusters on the headlights were cranked as low as possible so someone unfortunately had to spend some time sorting out how to, incorrectly, fix the original problem. Got it adjusted properly so no longer annoying drivers in front of me and not illuminating the tree tops when the high beams are on.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2019, 06:35 PM   #2
Chris_Penning
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 6MT DINAN BADGED M3

I seriously need to do mine. They only shine about 15 feet out. Only had it a couple of weeks, but it's annoying as all get out, not to mention dangerous.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2019, 09:24 AM   #3
M_Chronos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Penning View Post
I seriously need to do mine. They only shine about 15 feet out. Only had it a couple of weeks, but it's annoying as all get out, not to mention dangerous.
Instead of tapping out directions, found this for you:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...12&postcount=7

Find a flat spot in front of a wall and adjust away. May also want to pop your head under the driver rear suspension and check to see if the height sensor is oriented correctly like in my picture.
Appreciate 1
      08-18-2019, 11:35 AM   #4
Chris_Penning
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 6MT DINAN BADGED M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Chronos View Post
Instead of tapping out directions, found this for you:

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showp...12&postcount=7

Find a flat spot in front of a wall and adjust away. May also want to pop your head under the driver rear suspension and check to see if the height sensor is oriented correctly like in my picture.
Thanks Amigo! You're a life saver.
Appreciate 0