BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Exterior / Cosmetic Parts

Mporium BMW

03-09-2022, 04:32 AM   #1
fastmatt613
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AW/FR E90 M3 6MT

WTB: Driver Side Mirror E90

My driver's side mirror has the dreaded fold all the way out and I've tried every fix available.

Before I snip the wires, I'm looking to see if someone has a working driver's side mirror for an E90 for sale.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 01:20 PM   #2
fastmatt613
Enlisted Member
Rep

Bump
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2022, 01:42 PM   #3
TheLuky8
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

I am finally getting fed up with it. I was about to drill the hole right above the pin or something and lubricate it. Did you try that and have no luck?
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 01:28 PM   #4
fastmatt613
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLuky8 View Post
I am finally getting fed up with it. I was about to drill the hole right above the pin or something and lubricate it. Did you try that and have no luck?
Yea I tried the drilling method. No luck. Still doing it. I can't take it anymore. If I can't find one I'm just gonna snip the wire. It's the most annoying thing ever
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2022, 02:17 PM   #5
TheLuky8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmatt613 View Post
Quote:
Yea I tried the drilling method. No luck. Still doing it. I can't take it anymore. If I can't find one I'm just gonna snip the wire. It's the most annoying thing ever
Quote:
Quote:
Thats a bummer to hear. I was hoping that would do it. But yeah I agree. Especially when I shut the door and the car just locks and closes the mirror on its own. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 06:35 AM   #6
fastmatt613
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Thats a bummer to hear. I was hoping that would do it. But yeah I agree. Especially when I shut the door and the car just locks and closes the mirror on its own. Lol.
Mine never closes. It always opens and doesn't stop lol. Every time I press unlock or if I close the door without locking it, it'll just randomly fold all the way out after a few min. I literally have to manually put it in its place every time I drive it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2022, 10:36 AM   #7
TheLuky8
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Mine never closes. It always opens and doesn't stop lol. Every time I press unlock or if I close the door without locking it, it'll just randomly fold all the way out after a few min. I literally have to manually put it in its place every time I drive it.
Quote:
Quote:
Jeez. Yeah that pin sounds really stuck. Mine does that but will eventually snap back into the right place after a lot of fiddling with it over many drives. Then will stay until they close on their own. I'm not sure what to do about yours. What stinks is even if you cut the wires, it sounds like they wont be set in place.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 12:51 AM   #8
Lord_E90
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Are you still looking for this?
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 03:29 PM   #9
fastmatt613
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_E90 View Post
Are you still looking for this?
I ended up clipping the wire in my mirror to prevent it from folding. But for a good deal I'd be open to possibly replacing it with a working unit.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2022, 04:07 PM   #10
Lord_E90
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

what exactly needs to be replaced, is it the motor?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2022, 11:46 AM   #11
fastmatt613
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_E90 View Post
what exactly needs to be replaced, is it the motor?
The whole mirror assembly would need to be replaced now if I wanted it to be able to fold again.
Appreciate 0