BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

European Auto Source (EAS)

01-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #45
Gemcoska
Sleepy Member, wishing I was on the road.
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

Probably not till this weekend. Still need to vacuum and finish the trim.
      02-20-2011, 11:19 PM   #46
Wes Howell
www.facebook.com/weshowellcreative
Rep
Drives: 2015 AW M4 Coupe Project Car

How did this turn out, Gemcoska?

Old thread......
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2011, 11:26 PM   #47
Gemcoska
Sleepy Member, wishing I was on the road.
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3

actually it turned out great... there's pics on here somewhere of it... if thats what you were looking for. Or were you asking about sound quality?
      05-18-2019, 02:56 PM   #48
J.Garcia3921
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemcoska View Post
Hey guys,

I'm adding a sub and need a low level line input to use those JL line connectors for the Class D mono amp I'll be using.

From what I've gathered, the head unit already sends out low level line signals. I couldn't figure out the pin assignments from http://www.fdebrus.be/car/hifi.jpg although this link is from a thread with base audio and I have premium. Is there a low level line signal for just the subs?
There is no line level signal at all in your Premium Sound system, as it is a digital signal output from the iDrive and high level outputs from the OEM amp.

What you can do is tap the OEM amp connector underseat subs outputs pins...

- 6(+) and 16(-) for the right
- 8(+) and 18(-) for the left

... and depending of the sub amp to use, determine if you will need a passive line output converter (LOC) or not.

For example, most JL Audio sub amps accept high level speaker inputs, so you will need to buy only a set of their speaker wire to RCA cables for connection: http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...l.php?cat_id=5

If the amp accept high level inputs with just wires then you do not need any wire to RCA cables, just 16-12 gauge straight wires will do.

For remote wire you could use pin 13 in the back of the iDrive computer if the amp does not support signal sensing.

If the sub amp does not accept any high level inputs then you will need a line output converter, something like this: http://www.myradiostore.com/noise-fi...eis-loc-t.html
I have a line output converter but when I go to the stock amp in my trunk I'm having trouble finding out what wires I need to T tap..
Appreciate 0