BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

European Auto Source (EAS)

02-16-2009, 09:16 PM   #23
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i with MPE

Hope everyone had a great "Family Day". I know lots of places were open but too bad we don't really "shut down" for the day and just relax and hang with the family. I know I took my mother out for breakfast (my wife was working) and well yeah, did take the M out for a drive and wash it after as it was quite nice out.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #24
yosepp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe-Alpine White

i have done RD led angels, matte black front grill, and i have klassen wheels on the way! should arrive within a month! cant wait!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 10:50 PM   #25
yosepp
Private First Class
Rep

oh yeah guys! do u guys know places to paint the vrs trunk boot lid for the cf showing on the lip? as well as a good place to install wheels and exhaust? thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 11:27 PM   #26
volinder
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: bmw wannabe

yosepp

Who did you buy your Klassen wheels through.

I've pretty much got a done deal on 20" DPE, but I would love to find out a little more on the Klassen wheels
2013 M5 6 speed
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #27
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosepp View Post
oh yeah guys! do u guys know places to paint the vrs trunk boot lid for the cf showing on the lip? as well as a good place to install wheels and exhaust? thanks!
I'm getting my exhaust installed at RCTS Canada. They aren't cheap, but VERY good.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 10:18 AM   #28
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmer View Post
I'm getting my exhaust installed at RCTS Canada. They aren't cheap, but VERY good.
GL with the Exhaust. Would like to hear it when its done. I just installed magnaflow mufflers, and not too sure I am happy with the sound.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 10:59 AM   #29
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Eisenmann FTW people, come on

Save the Magnaflow for the Mustang crowd
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #30
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

No offense, but I am not a big fan on paying a huge premium on aftermarket parts just because I drive an M3.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #31
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Made in Germany, handmade, tuned professionally and for the M3 specifically and made by a premier exhaust maker who makes exhaust for the finest cars in the world.

Why did you buy an M3 and not an Evo or a Subby. Same principle goes on our cars as it does on the exhaust.

Now if the exhaust was made in China, by underpaid workers with no health standards and is the same can as they put on a P/U truck then yeah, $2800 USD is too much.

This is not the case.

Go to the Eisemann tour done by IND, judge for yourself.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...32&postcount=1

I'll come down in the summer and you can check out my Eisenmann Sport kit and judge the quality and sound for yourself. It'll have the AA high flow cats and Xpipe too.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 03:05 PM   #32
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Made in Germany, handmade, tuned professionally and for the M3 specifically and made by a premier exhaust maker who makes exhaust for the finest cars in the world.

Why did you buy an M3 and not an Evo or a Subby. Same principle goes on our cars as it does on the exhaust.

Now if the exhaust was made in China, by underpaid workers with no health standards and is the same can as they put on a P/U truck then yeah, $2800 USD is too much.

This is not the case.

I'll come down in the summer and you can check out my Eisenmann Sport kit and judge the quality and sound for yourself. It'll have the AA high flow cats and Xpipe too.
I have just always enjoyed building my own exhaust from scratch. Build it 1 step at a time until I get the performance/sound that I like. In the past this sometimes would cost more than a standard aftermarket exhaust, but it was just fun.

I just don't understand why everyone has to be so negative about magnaflow. They are a fairly high quality exhaust company. I know they are not made in Germany, but I can build a lot of different configurations of a custom exhaust and still be cheaper than some of these other companies.

Anyways I look forward to hearing your setup. Currently I find that the Magnaflows actually drone a bit, I might change the resonator setup, and delete the cats and see how that sounds!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #33
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Hey, nothing wrong with designing it perfectly for your ear.

When you pay big $$ for exhaust you pay for their research, their time and their design/engineering and above all else their quality.

I have had Magnaflow before, it is good bang for the buck. No question there.

There is a well (over)paid German welder who built my muffler, I hope he has a beer for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #34
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:

This is not the case.

I'd love to hear your Eisenmann Sport in person as video clips don't do justice. Just had my Race installed yesterday. Sounds INCREDIBLE!!! but.... quite loud inside for my liking since I drive 60min (30min each way) of highway each day to get to the city. Gonna see if it grows on me over the next week or so. Wife is gonna hate it probably as my HKS in my Lexus gave her a headache and this is about the same.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 06:37 PM   #35
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I'd love to hear your Eisenmann Sport in person as video clips don't do justice. Just had my Race installed yesterday. Sounds INCREDIBLE!!! but.... quite loud inside for my liking since I drive 60min (30min each way) of highway each day to get to the city. Gonna see if it grows on me over the next week or so. Wife is gonna hate it probably as my HKS in my Lexus gave her a headache and this is about the same.

We should meet up sometime and compare sounds. Its nice to hear what the other exhausts have to offer.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 06:38 PM   #36
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Hey, nothing wrong with designing it perfectly for your ear.

When you pay big $$ for exhaust you pay for their research, their time and their design/engineering and above all else their quality.

I have had Magnaflow before, it is good bang for the buck. No question there.

There is a well (over)paid German welder who built my muffler, I hope he has a beer for me.
I realize there is a lot of work that goes into a an exhaust setup, just would rather spend the beer money on myself
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 06:48 PM   #37
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRX7 View Post
We should meet up sometime and compare sounds. Its nice to hear what the other exhausts have to offer.

I realize we are all (well I am) on our winter set-ups and car might be dirty (although I hope not) but would anyone be up for a Calgary meet??
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #38
yosepp
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by volinder View Post
yosepp

Who did you buy your Klassen wheels through.

I've pretty much got a done deal on 20" DPE, but I would love to find out a little more on the Klassen wheels
Hey I actually got it through a member on e90 post for a very good deal.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #39
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I realize we are all (well I am) on our winter set-ups and car might be dirty (although I hope not) but would anyone be up for a Calgary meet??
I would be in!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2009, 08:15 PM   #40
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I realize there is a lot of work that goes into a an exhaust setup, just would rather spend the beer money on myself
I agree, it tastes better, less bitter

I'll be down in May/June I am sure. We need to get a meet going with the E90 guys
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 04:20 PM   #41
yosepp
Private First Class
Rep

does anyone own an eisenmann race exhaust for their cars? hows the sound?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 06:05 PM   #42
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Just got my Eisenmann Race installed on Thursday. Outside the car it sounds amazing. Louder inside then I was expecting.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2009, 06:10 PM   #43
Jimmer
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yosepp View Post
does anyone own an eisenmann race exhaust for their cars? hows the sound?
You guys maybe want to meet up so we can hear these in person. Video's and text don't really give a true idea, you need to hear it live.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 10:28 AM   #44
CSMRX7
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
You guys maybe want to meet up so we can hear these in person. Video's and text don't really give a true idea, you need to hear it live.
I think that is a great idea. Should have a winter mini-meet.
Appreciate 0