BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

06-17-2019, 08:55 PM   #1
Brenglish
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP '11

External devices keeps resetting..?

Hey guys,

I'm having this weird issue with iDrive that started about a week ago. I have an e92 m3 2011 zcp. I use my bluetooth a lot to listen to podcasts on the way to work and never had an issue until recently. I took a call and notice this loud chirp right before my phone kept disconnecting from the car (samsung galaxy s10+). I reconnected the device and it kept doing the same thing. Everything else works fine, NAV works fine, radio works fine without any disruptions, and just about everything but it looks like anything that has to do with External Devices isn't working. Whenever I connect my phone it keeps resetting. Both USB and the phone plug will display "Reading". I updated to the latest firmware to make sure, but it still continues to happen.

I'm thinking it may be the bluetooth module but I don't want to replace it until I do some research. Has anyone ran across this issue? Tried looking online for a bit but most cases I've ran across are blaming the phone and I don't think thats it since I tried connecting an iphone aswell and had the same issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2019, 12:05 AM   #2
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Reset your phone and "forget" the Bluetooth sync in the phone. Re sync after the phone reset and you'll be good unless your combox is screwy. Also delete the phone sync in idrive and remake.