BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #45
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by SehrSchnell View Post
Dude, I wasn't hating on you... I couldn't care less if you drive it or not, I just don't really understand it, that's all. Everybody should do what ever floats their boat. It's all cool.
I understand that you were not hating on anyone

I was just saying that people are different and we don't have to understand everything everyone does, we just have to realize that life is all about different strokes for different folks.
      10-20-2011, 04:56 AM   #46
JIO
Captain
Rep
Drives: '09 Space Gray E92 M3 w/DCT

[QUOTE=BMRLVR;10639029]Please do your paint a favour and stop wiping your car down with only detail spray. You are going to scratch up the paint big time by doing this. Start washing your car with a bucket of soapy water and a hose and never touch the paint with a rag in between washings. I am not trying to criticize you just trying to offer some advice that will keep your paint looking good.

Thanks for the advice.The car has currently been detailed sprayed about every day for 3 years. Not a single swirl mark yet. It gets weekly light coats of Zaino (Z2) hand rubbed with microfiber towels. I don't like using a hose and soapy water on the car as the water tends to push dirt into crevices and dirt will collect there. My Tacoma pick-up truck is an excellent example as it's my only vehicle that sits out in the elements. Last month I removed the fake hood scoop and I couldn't believe the mold growing under it where dirt and water collect. I just don't like a lot of water on the car. It's impossible to totally dry. Besides it rusts the rotors...he he.

I have the entire hood, front end, front fenders, rocker panels and top rear bumper protected with the 3M invisible shield. The paint is perfect. On the track I add the Colgan bra for further protection (sort of like using two condoms...he he).

I've had excellent results with my system now for 15 years...the key is to use very little pressure on the paint...and no damage will occur. The process is much less time consuming than the hose and wipe-down typical method. The cleaning mit tends to hold lots of dirt as you wash the car that can also scratch the paint. I just keep switching towels as I detail spray and carefully rub. I probably go through 20 towels in the process which I just launder when done. Thanks for the advice though...my process gives excellent results if you're OCD like me. If not, beware...it's easy to scratch the paint.

2009 Space Gray DCT with every possible option.

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 12:53 AM   #47
Simma
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I have an 09 m3 I got at 1200KM (745 MILES) last month.
The car has 5000km (3100 MILES) now.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 03:35 PM   #48
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiantm3 View Post
The M3 is a compromise car.
Indeed. I looked at the Cayman S, but not enough luggage space. So the M3 was the best choice by far combining looks/sound, driving pleasure, and enough luggage space . And yes, I'm partial to V8s. If I had bought the Cayman, it'd have less than 1K miles now; not justifiable.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #49
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
well since I bought mine last December, I have put 12k KM on it. 3k km of it was my trip to vancouver
I may have told you, I drove mine from London, ON all the way to Slave Lake in May and then back again ... I had to go there and saw tears in the eyes of my ///M so I just cancelled my West Jet ticket and enjoyed her company round trip plus local milage contributed to some 7,500 KM of what I now have on my odometer ... in excess now of 22,000 KM

Had some detours in May due to the flooding in North Dakota and Manitoba, however, made it thru okay. There was times one could have sworn the M3 can run on water ... with water to the left and right as far as the eye could see ...

Did I enjoy the trip hell yes I did every kilometre

I can visualize your Vancouver trip, made that many a times

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #50
LarThaL
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

I'm at 4 months and 3600 miles. Much of the driving has been back and forth to our vacation home, so it's a lot of highway miles. That said, it is not my DD, it is never intentionally taken out in rain, and will not be driven in the snow. I'm guessing I will put on about 6k per year overall with most of that during the summer and fall. I'm trying to strike a balance between keeping it nice and having fun driving it. The nice thing about not having it as a DD is that when you do drive it, it is a real treat. That said, my DD is my Porsche Cayenne which doesn't exactly suck.