BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

EXXEL Distributions

09-03-2015, 01:50 PM   #1
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Car Covers by Andrea from Italy.. Anyone do business with them?

..if you haven't done business with them and were thinking about it, you may want to read the following. If you have done business with them, I would appreciate if you share your experience. Either way, some advice on what I should do next from anyone else would be great. Heres the story..

A couple months ago I was in the market for an indoor car cover for the ///M. I didn't want to just get the plain old grey cover with BMW logo on the bonnet like everyone else, so I did some googling, and found this old group buy thread from a couple years ago..

http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/sh...y-%28Take-2%29

I found the companies website from the group buy with some quick Googling..

http://www.confezioniandrea.it/en/

..and used their online contact feature on their website to request a quote, referencing the link to the Group Buy so they knew what I wanted exactly. A few days later, I got a quote back for about €285 shipped to my door in Germany for an all black M3 car cover w/ an ///M logo on the bonnet. Perfect. Done deal, so after a couple emails back and forth, I sent them the full amount via PayPal (which turned out to be around $322.00 after exchange rate).

The quoted time was 5 working weeks shipped to my door from the date payment is received. So I waited. I sent the payment on 6/30/2015. Tomorrow marks the 5 week mark. So I emailed this week to try and get an updated status, and...nothing. No response. Emailed again, and waited a couple days, and nothing. I responded directly to the email from the lady who provided my sales quote. Now I know they are a little slow to respond (takes a few days for them to answer emails) so I thought I would call them. So I called yesterday, and spoke to the lady who sent me the quote and set up my order, and she said they haven't received payment yet. I could tell there was a language barrier and she was struggling. Her English was decent, but she said she would email me, and I figured she felt more comfortable with this, so I said okay, and hung, then printed my PayPal confirmation from the 30th of June, and emailed it to her asking her to please get back to me with why she is saying the payment wasn't received. I waited 24 hours, and never got an email from them.

So I called back today, and spoke to her again. Same thing, she seemed to struggle with her English, and was very short with me. She said she received payment yesterday (yesterday??? I sent it 5 weeks ago) and that they would begin production now. She said she emailed me a confirmation and asked if I got it. I said no, and she said she would re-email it to me and we got off the phone. 5 hours later, still no email.

So in my position, what would you do? I am giving it another 6 weeks, and if I still have nothing on my door, I am just going to file a Paypal claim and get my money back. I would much rather have the car cover than the money, and 5 weeks is a long time to wait (twice) so I am a little beyond disappointed at this point. Am I overreacting? Am I more patient than everyone else would have been? What should my next course of action be? I thought about giving her until early next week, and if I still have no email, sending her an email in English and Italian basically stating that I've waited 6 weeks so far and nothing, and they need to send me an invoice stating the payment was received and they were fulfilling the order within 5 days or I was filing a dispute with PayPal. I hate to do this, because as I said I was really looking forward to getting the cover, and I don't know of anywhere else to get a similar cover made.

Any ideas?
Follow me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/rat3d_m/
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #2
M3Bimmer77
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 E90 Jet Black

Call the lady in Italy and ask her if they can expedite it or I would just wait 5 weeks. Is it something that ypu can't wait? Then cancel and find another one. I would just wait and be calling them every single week. You can put pressure by saying that you will be filing a complain if they don't send it by x day.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 05:30 PM   #3
NashvegasR
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M4 F83

Hmm - I'd just file a claim and be done with it - not worth it for something like a car cover that you can definitely order from another vendor
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 06:55 PM   #4
gsmooth33
Private
Rep
Drives: E93

Does anyone know another vendor who does that car cover because I saw those same old threads but couldn't find anyone who does it. sorry for hijacking thread
      09-03-2015, 11:16 PM   #5
Rat3d ///M
997.1TT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo

Update: she emailed back last night. After i posted this thread i emailed her in italian and english hoping that would get better results. I told her if i didnt have an email confirmation in 5 days i was filing a dispute. 6 hours later i get a response saying it will be 5 weeks and they will let me know when it ships.

I am typically patient, and no this isnt something I need right now, but waiting 5 weeks just to be told that they messed up and itll be another 5 weeks is a little frustrating. Ive searched quite a bit and never found another company that makes a similar cover with that logo for near that price, which is why i went with them. If anyone knows a place, post it up for future buyers. I just hope at this point they dont mess my order up. I was very specific with what I want but i am not counting on them to get it right.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2015, 11:42 PM   #6
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

hey it does look good though!
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2015, 08:13 AM   #7
rantarM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Vacation season in Europe is during July and August, depending on country, and things can grind to a halt so that may have had something to do with your delay.
Appreciate 0