BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

EXXEL Distributions

10-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #89
Teerump
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ‘09 Alpine White E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanMpower View Post
It is quieter compared to other setups I've had but with a very unique tone. It has sorta an S85 V10 tone to it around town, very hard to describe...

The SSF1 mated with test pipes definitely was louder.

The Corsa lasted a whole 12 hours on my car lol and was picked up by forum member UBERV8 today. Back to the Eisenmann Race.
What didn't you like about the Corsa? I have a Dinan race pipe and Dinan rear section and have been thinking about going to a catted xpipe and Corsa.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2020, 01:24 PM   #90
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3s and a Red VW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teerump View Post
What didn't you like about the Corsa? I have a Dinan race pipe and Dinan rear section and have been thinking about going to a catted xpipe and Corsa.
I think mated to the stock X-pipe with test pipes the Corsa sounded nearly perfect (from what I remember on my E90 M3) if you want a great daily driver exhaust with zero rasp and a smooth exotic note, this is it.

I got used to my Eisenmann Race + X-Pipe Combo which is completely bonkers sometimes but I love it, so when I switched to the Corsa it sounded rather tame in comparison. I thought I needed to calm my exhaust down but after switching I realized that I'm the type that enjoys a loud exhaust, or maybe my hearing is going with age.
Appreciate 1
M3R12162.50
      10-28-2020, 01:49 PM   #91
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by //steve\\ View Post
Man exhausts for this car are a lot harder than I thought to get it just right. The Akra always look and sound clean but it's by far one of the most mild. The SS Race is pretty good I just hate that it doesn't really save much in the weight department. SS does have some of my favorite sound though too.

The real shame is that the MPE sound terrible, in my opinion, once you move away from stock X-pipe.
I had the akra evo on my e90 M3. I loved the sound but always felt like it was a bit too tame. I loved that it was tame at part throttle but I want more this time around w/ my e92. I kind of like the sound DanMpower is describing w/ the Corsa. Guess I need to go listen to some more sound clips lol.
      10-30-2020, 02:48 AM   #92
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Update 10/30/20- CarboProject CF Intake Plenum

Came home from work to a nice surprise box from Germany. I couldn't wait, got out of my work clothes and went to install it.

Fitment is just like OEM since it uses the base OEM bottom, quality is beautiful and sound...wowsers. Took it for a quick spin around the block and the induction noise is out of this world, can't wait till tomorrow when I'll really open her up.

Appreciate 7
Hagasan41266.00
wyatth3545.50
M3R12162.50
94jedi829.00
Space Fox1042.00
      10-31-2020, 07:42 AM   #93
Epoustouflant
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Yeeeees!

So glad this passes your quality test my man.
Appreciate 1
DanMpower3228.00
      11-05-2020, 12:03 AM   #94
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Update 11/4/20 - STO N SHO license plate mount system

Nothing breaks my heart more than a drilled front bumper to mount a plate. Everyone save your front bumpers and get this kit.

While there is no "STO N SHO" specific kit made for the E9x, the good news is the F8x kit fits perfectly on the E9x M3. I knew it was a good idea to keep this kit when I sold my F80, it was my favorite front license mount system. No visible holes are drilled into the front bumper and your license plate can be detached or attached in 2 seconds. The bracket blends in with the lower grill and you don't even notice it.

Appreciate 1
//steve\\1074.00
      11-05-2020, 06:31 AM   #95
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Very nice if you absolutely have to run it.
      11-05-2020, 09:28 AM   #96
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Update 11/4/20 - STO N SHO license plate mount system

Nothing breaks my heart more than a drilled front bumper to mount a plate. Everyone save your front bumpers and get this kit.
My car has two holes from the previous owner. Kills me.

Any reason you wouldn't go w/ a tow hook mount kit?
      11-05-2020, 09:44 AM   #97
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94jedi View Post

Cause' thats boy-racer, P!
Track Chat Discord: https://discord.gg/VsKbTyqBVj
SF Bay Area: DM For coding services
Appreciate 2
94jedi829.00
DanMpower3228.00
      11-05-2020, 10:20 AM   #98
//steve\\
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3

Quote:

The offset plate to one side always looks so terrible to me. I know a front license plate period stinks but just keep it in the middle.
      11-05-2020, 10:49 AM   #99
94jedi
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by derbo View Post
hahaha, true. I just have an aversion to drilling into the bumper lol, even if it's a less visible spot. Ah well, guess I'll have to do that for the GTS lip anyway.
      11-05-2020, 10:52 AM   #100
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Quote:

While there is no "STO N SHO" specific kit made for the E9x, the good news is the F8x kit fits perfectly on the E9x M3. I knew it was a good idea to keep this kit when I sold my F80, it was my favorite front license mount system. No visible holes are drilled into the front bumper and your license plate can be detached or attached in 2 seconds. The bracket blends in with the lower grill and you don't even notice it.
Quote:

Quote:
The offset plate to one side always looks so terrible to me. I know a front license plate period stinks but just keep it in the middle.
Quote:
hahaha, true. I just have an aversion to drilling into the bumper lol, even if it's a less visible spot. Ah well, guess I'll have to do that for the GTS lip anyway.
I see those ugly offset tow hooks, drill-in holders, etc., and think to myself, why don't y'all Americans just use a double-sided tape? That's we do over here in Europe and I have used that method for years now. You could bend the plate to follow the shape of the bumper.

I have also seen solutions that use magnets on the underside of the bumper and the plate - MagSign, out of Germany. Seems to hold well, too.

I think our Euro E91 and E82 both had pre-drilled holes from the factory. F80 did not have them, but it used to have the OEM plate holder that must be drilled in. Thankfully, my double-taped plate covers the holes. I am so used to seeing cars with plates in the front that it looked weird to me without one.

Last edited by swagon; 11-05-2020 at 10:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 11:44 AM   #101
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagon View Post
I see those ugly offset tow hooks, drill-in holders, etc., and think to myself, why don't y'all Americans just use a double-sided tape? That's we do over here in Europe and I have used that method for years now. You could bend the plate to follow the shape of the bumper.

I have also seen solutions that use magnets on the underside of the bumper and the plate - MagSign, out of Germany. Seems to hold well, too.

I think our Euro E91 and E82 both had pre-drilled holes from the factory. F80 did not have them, but it used to have the OEM plate holder that must be drilled in. Thankfully, my double-taped plate covers the holes. I am so used to seeing cars with plates in the front that it looked weird to me without one.
I think a large part of it is because US plates are taller in height and doesn't have the long rectangle appeal of the European plates.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2020, 12:29 PM   #102
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah definitely never been a fan of the tow hook mounted ones, reminds me too much of the JDM Yo! Vaping crowd... if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Very nice if you absolutely have to run it.
Unfortunately in SoCal, no front plates or dark tinted windows is a recipe to be pulled over and sent to the REF station if you have an exhaust as well.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2020, 01:29 AM   #103
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 MW E92 M3

^

www.licenseplatewrap.com

"DMV LEGAL and STATE APPROVED"
Appreciate 2
94jedi829.00
SAMM3Y3085.00
      11-22-2020, 09:51 PM   #104
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Update 11/22/20 - PRIME TIME

It's time to update the car with some extra usability. Enter Bimmer-Tech MMI Prime.

Wireless Android Auto and Apple CarPlay!

Installation was easier than I thought, plug and play and usage has been flawless the whole day today.

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/4VHMbPB/20201122-100443.jpg[/IMG]

Huge improvement and really updates the car's interior.
[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/VBgnfw2/20201122-170915.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 2
CSBM52715.00
      11-22-2020, 11:57 PM   #105
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Update 11/22/20 - MMI PRIME

It's time to update the car with some extra usability. Enter Bimmer-Tech MMI Prime.

Installation was easier than I thought, plug and play and usage has been flawless the whole day today.

Carplay is the best use of the cic display nowadays. Where did you place your unit? I placed mine behind the HVAC controls
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2020, 12:32 AM   #106
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Carplay is the best use of the cic display nowadays. Where did you place your unit? I placed mine behind the HVAC controls
Yep that's where mine sits, it's like the perfect place almost like it's made for it. Now I'm glad I have iDrive.
Appreciate 2
derbo3599.50
      11-23-2020, 09:05 AM   #107
DRLane
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 m3  [6.63]
Quote:
Update 11/22/20 - MMI PRIME

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/4VHMbPB/20201122-100443.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]https://i.ibb.co/VBgnfw2/20201122-170915.jpg[/IMG]
McDonalds and Tiesto!
      11-23-2020, 11:14 AM   #108
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Yep that's where mine sits, it's like the perfect place almost like it's made for it. Now I'm glad I have iDrive.
I tested the earlier chinese modules from the wired ACP to the current version and I think it is in a great spot right now. Plug n Play, OEM mic integration and pretty seamless to get ACP working almost like OEM. The one last item they need to address is the AUX IN the armrest and convert that to the AUX IN in the back of the CIC HU. I do think you lose the AUX IN on the armrest and probably why they opt to do it the easier, less clean way.
Appreciate 2
      11-24-2020, 06:52 PM   #109
DanMpower
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I tested the earlier chinese modules from the wired ACP to the current version and I think it is in a great spot right now. Plug n Play, OEM mic integration and pretty seamless to get ACP working almost like OEM. The one last item they need to address is the AUX IN the armrest and convert that to the AUX IN in the back of the CIC HU. I do think you lose the AUX IN on the armrest and probably why they opt to do it the easier, less clean way.
Yeah the AUX IN solution is still a bit "ghetto" but I've been using it with Android Auto, correct me if I'm wrong but with Android Auto audio still goes through Bluetooth right? I think with CarPlay the audio gets routed through the AUX IN.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2020, 06:55 PM   #110
derbo
Derbo Tuning
Rep

Quote:
Yeah the AUX IN solution is still a bit "ghetto" but I've been using it with Android Auto, correct me if I'm wrong but with Android Auto audio still goes through Bluetooth right? I think with CarPlay the audio gets routed through the AUX IN.
Not 100% sure on AA. I know Carplay can be rerouted through BT Combox audio but Apple has somewhat designed it to revert back the "Carplay" output source even though you changed it to the BT Combox output.
Appreciate 0