BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Private Sellers - For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for sale/wanted/trade

Mporium BMW

11-25-2017, 12:04 PM   #1
MiscExpense
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jerez

Help with a sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Well, it has come to the time for me to say goodbye.
With life, children, and (insert random reasoning) lol, I'm looking to sell the E92. It's always nice to visit my shop and see it looking like my idea of perfection, but the guilt of not letting the car run the roads, twists, and mountains says it's time. (man this sounds like a cheesy Hallmark movie synopsis)
Here is where I need a bit of help once again from you guys. I've been out of the scene for quite sometime due to the reasoning's above. When it comes to what kind of price to ask and what area is better for the sale of a euro I'm now clueless.

Quick specs:

E92
Jerez Black
Black int.
Carbon leather trim
DCT
44k mi
Carbon fiber roof
Prem Package
Cold Package
Tech Package

Now for our specs:
Venture shield full clear bra till 38k miles (started to yellow)
BBS CH-r
Original 19's on hand
Swissvax polish and protection
Plenty of mills left on clear for years of paint correction and maint.
Leatherique treatment biannually
Opti guard ceramic coated once clear bra removed
Oil changed every 6 even if not moved since last one
Oil catch can (left over from N54)
Driven as the car was meant to be driven but never abused.
Rotors cryo treated in house to brembo spec
Annual brake flush

With all BS'ing aside I cant even remember all the nights and weekends spent tinkering on random enhancements just to tune the car to be better, while not letting it look like anything had been done. I tune for me, and for the car, not for shows and instagram.

I'm including the photos I have on hand but am planning on getting a set of detail shots for the listing. That and I wasn't even sure some of the other (or even all of these) photos were even my car.

I would love your thoughts, on here or PM. I've had a few offers in the past (mid 30's) but was not willing to let it go at that point. Now just curious.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-25-2017, 12:36 PM   #2
Frozen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Frozen Red e92 ZCP

With how the market is right now for non zcp cars I would say low 30s. There is a nice space gray 2009 DCT with 72k miles for sale here on the forums for $23k.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2017, 01:09 PM   #3
El Duce
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels and a steering wheel

Low 30s with the right buyer. 29 is more realistic.
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 03:41 PM   #4
MiscExpense
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Jerez

At $23k i can say it would be hard pressed to let it go. Being hypothetical, e90m305, and El Duce, if you were in the market, and I was to set it at $32K firm with both wheel sets. Would either of you guys be looking twice at the listing? Manheim auction ran a few through that drew $27-$29k wholesale, so the low 30's seemed fairly spot on. At least to me.

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2017, 04:31 PM   #5
El Duce
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiscExpense View Post
At $23k i can say it would be hard pressed to let it go. Being hypothetical, e90m305, and El Duce, if you were in the market, and I was to set it at $32K firm with both wheel sets. Would either of you guys be looking twice at the listing? Manheim auction ran a few through that drew $27-$29k wholesale, so the low 30's seemed fairly spot on. At least to me.
Oh I am definitely in the market. For me personally, it would depend on the exact mods done since I have to get it approved for a USAA extended warranty; and of course the specific options I'm looking for, which is all of them.

A dedicated set of winters and summers is a bonus for some people and normally would be for me, except I'm looking just to run some UHP all seasons since it would serve only weekend and nice weather duties.

With that said, I've seen a few 2011s with about 50k miles on them clean and unmolested going for $32k, so that's why I said that number in my assessment. I'm just super picky about options, mileage, and cosmetic condition. Based on the few pics you posted, it looks really clean though.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 01:46 PM   #6
El Duce
Private First Class
Rep

Kind of what I'm talking about. Newer, similar mileage with a warranty.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&modelCode1=M3
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 02:09 PM   #7
R3dliner
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 M3 6MT

I would start at mid 30's. Your car looks like its well taken care of.
Your car is worth what you perceive it to be. End of story.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 10:32 PM   #8
Creynolds
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiscExpense View Post
Well, it has come to the time for me to say goodbye.
With life, children, and (insert random reasoning) lol, I'm looking to sell the E92. It's always nice to visit my shop and see it looking like my idea of perfection, but the guilt of not letting the car run the roads, twists, and mountains says it's time. (man this sounds like a cheesy Hallmark movie synopsis)
Here is where I need a bit of help once again from you guys. I've been out of the scene for quite sometime due to the reasoning's above. When it comes to what kind of price to ask and what area is better for the sale of a euro I'm now clueless.

Quick specs:

E92
Jerez Black
Black int.
Carbon leather trim
DCT
44k mi
Carbon fiber roof
Prem Package
Cold Package
Tech Package

Now for our specs:
Venture shield full clear bra till 38k miles (started to yellow)
BBS CH-r
Original 19's on hand
Swissvax polish and protection
Plenty of mills left on clear for years of paint correction and maint.
Leatherique treatment biannually
Opti guard ceramic coated once clear bra removed
Oil changed every 6 even if not moved since last one
Oil catch can (left over from N54)
Driven as the car was meant to be driven but never abused.
Rotors cryo treated in house to brembo spec
Annual brake flush

With all BS'ing aside I cant even remember all the nights and weekends spent tinkering on random enhancements just to tune the car to be better, while not letting it look like anything had been done. I tune for me, and for the car, not for shows and instagram.

I'm including the photos I have on hand but am planning on getting a set of detail shots for the listing. That and I wasn't even sure some of the other (or even all of these) photos were even my car.

I would love your thoughts, on here or PM. I've had a few offers in the past (mid 30's) but was not willing to let it go at that point. Now just curious.
If you vin me i can run a report. It will have previous buyers, comparable pricing and mileage to similar models. All the comfort features of it stock and full engine transmission suspension braking features listed as well
Appreciate 0