BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

08-21-2007, 05:48 PM   #1
boostmiser
Private
Rep
Drives: '06 330i Sport

M3 Pre-Lauch (USA) - invitation to 3-day preview event at nurburgring

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Selection

Is that you (name in the document)? I hope you were selected and can attend. Congrats.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:24 PM   #3
Dieselino
Captain
Rep
Drives: 03 LSB M3 06 M coupe 08 M3 SG

Sounds like it would be awesome, unfortunately Im sure I will need every penny so I can buy one because of the insane price increase thats going to happen.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:27 PM   #4
boostmiser
Private
Rep

Yes, it was me that it was sent to. Got it in the mail tonight. I own an M5 so maybe that's how I got it?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:40 PM   #5
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostmiser View Post
Yes, it was me that it was sent to. Got it in the mail tonight. I own an M5 so maybe that's how I got it?
Will you go?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #6
boostmiser
Private
Rep

Nope. It would be fun though.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 06:57 PM   #7
ajj
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: dct e92 m3

got one too, but by email...assuming everyone with an m will get one?? ..its $5500 dollars plus airfare and"stuff". hmm....
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #8
Artz 330
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M, 335i, 135i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
got one but its like almost 6K for a test drive?? No thanks!
      08-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #9
apw2607
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e M-Sport

Just called the #. Was just told there are now only 5 spaces left out of 48!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 07:32 PM   #10
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by juzef View Post
A desperate attempt to cut their losses before the official news comes out, in my opinion.
Judging by the reviews, I predict that this M3 will make record breaking LOSSES! I base this prediction based upon the fact that all reviews thus far agree! The gas milage is terrible (as low as 11mpg! by Evo Mag) and more importantly, the steering wheel feedback from the wheels will be diminished significantly thus resulting in a less than fun drive not to mention being possibly dangerous on wet surfaces. The M3 is targeted to well educated, middle class males in their early 30's to mid 40's. Another words, we're not rich, and we're not stupid. We're well informed and base our purchases on well thought out reasonings.

We shall see, and if all these reviews are wrong,.. I'll happilly buy one, but it's not looking good.

Joseph
San Diego

You have been trolling all over these threads now and you continually say the exact same things in multiple threads. Just looking for attention? fight?
      08-21-2007, 07:56 PM   #11
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Clueless

Quote:
A desperate attempt to cut their losses before the official news comes out, in my opinion.
Judging by the reviews, I predict that this M3 will make record breaking LOSSES! I base this prediction based upon the fact that all reviews thus far agree! The gas milage is terrible (as low as 11mpg! by Evo Mag) and more importantly, the steering wheel feedback from the wheels will be diminished significantly thus resulting in a less than fun drive not to mention being possibly dangerous on wet surfaces. The M3 is targeted to well educated, middle class males in their early 30's to mid 40's. Another words, we're not rich, and we're not stupid. We're well informed and base our purchases on well thought out reasonings.

We shall see, and if all these reviews are wrong,.. I'll happilly buy one, but it's not looking good.

Joseph
San Diego
You are really clueless. This barely deserves a reply. Do you think you know what a potential M3 customer wants more than BMW does?
  • Want to place a bet for pinks on whether or not the new M3 is a success and sells 100k units over it's life span?
  • There have been many AMAZING reviews of the car, where in the 7734 have you been, sleeping?, can't read?, can't admit it becuase you can't afford the car? Sorry to be so harsh but come on...
  • 11mpg is during almost race pace driving, BMW has promised 8-9% better mpg than the E46 M3 and M-DCT will add another bit of improvement.
  • Dangerous on the wet, yeah right, there is enough stability control programs on this sucker to even let you drive it aggressively in the wet. Have you seen the E46 M3 vs. S4 test IN THE WET I posted?

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #12
phoenixbmwlife
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i & G30 540i

Garage List
2014 BMW/M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

Joseph
San Diego
The gas milage is terrible compared to what car that has simlar performance? Less fun drive cause of the steering feel? Is that what Evo Mag said, or is that your opinion? Dangerous on wet roads? Is that also what the Magazine said, or again is this your point of view?

I see you failed to mention any of the positive points made by these magazines. Sounds like your mind is already made up.

Follow me on Insta

https://www.instagram.com/bmwm_life_/
https://www.instagram.com/autogiftua/
https://www.instagram.com/phoenixbmwlife/
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 08:13 PM   #13
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Quote:

Joseph
San Diego
So you are just as bitter as I am that you did not get the invite to the M driving event at the 'ring? :mad:

I'm going straight to Fletcher-Jones MB to put down my deposit on a C63! Enough of being a fanboy!

ehhh........ maybe

Where's my invite BMW? I bought one of the first Z4 M Coupes and determined it wasn't very fun to drive so I sold it! I hope the V8 M3 is BETTER!

Where's my :chill pill: ?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 08:19 PM   #14
lucid
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30 M3; Expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Delbruck View Post
So you are just as bitter as I am that you did not get the invite to the M driving event at the 'ring? :mad:

I'm going straight to Fletcher-Jones MB to put down my deposit on a C63! Enough of being a fanboy!

ehhh........ maybe

Where's my invite BMW? I bought one of the first Z4 M Coupes and determined it wasn't very fun to drive so I sold it! I hope the V8 M3 is BETTER!

Where's my :chill pill: ?
Actually, it's because BMW saw that you are listing your current ride as the EVO on this forum. Gotta think about the consequences of even the simplest action my friend...

And, I'm sure you can work something out with boostmiser. He ain't goin'.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 08:25 PM   #15
jpm3
Private
Rep
Drives: (sold) 02 E46 M3 Avus Blau

yup i got it too but it's too expensive for me
      08-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #16
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Backwards

Same here....although it'd be one awesome experience, I can't see myself paying that much. That's a set of Brembo BBK's!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2007, 08:40 PM   #17
Epacy
Reincarnated
Rep
Drives: 02 Maxima SE

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
It's not my intention to piss anyone off or flame. I'm just keepping things real.
So, contine to keep it real and honestly inform us of your intentions by posting the same negative rhetoric in 3+ threads.

edit: Also, just noticed you copied and pasted post #10 and threw it in over at M3forum. Word for word. Give up the gig and go find something else to whine about.
      08-21-2007, 11:47 PM   #18
SpencerM3
Sauce
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 SSII E90 M3

I would KILL to go to that
2009 E90 M3 | Silverstone II | Black Novillo | HRE P40's | Akrapovic Exhaust | Eibach Pro Kit | Jet Black Kidney Grilles | SSII Side Reflectors | SSII Side Gills | LUX H8 Angel Eyes | Macht Schnell Filter | Tecnocraft Envy Charge Pipe

"M3 drivers have no friends." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 02:11 AM   #19
Stahlgrau
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Backwards

Quote:
Ahh stop yer fuss and whinning, I can speak my mind.

Buncha blind loyalists, the truth can't be denied..read the reviews, don't take it out on me, I'm dissapointed myself more than most people.
What's the point of a forum if all that can be said or thought is positives about a car that is getting terrible reviews one right after another and no one is saying a word. I'm beginning to wonder how many of you work for BMW. LOL

I hope the bmw fairys in here are right, cause I'll need a car in a year...and I had my hopes for the E92.

Joseph
San Diego

Get the 335i or 135i instead. You'll be the talk of the town. And the driving "experience" will be much better.

Preferably a vert, too. Chicks will dig you.

Oh...and don't forget to PROcede.

Last edited by Stahlgrau; 08-22-2007 at 02:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 02:31 AM   #20
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Another try

Quote:

Buncha blind loyalists, the truth can't be denied..read the reviews, don't take it out on me, I'm dissapointed myself more than most people.
What's the point of a forum if all that can be said or thought is positives about a car that is getting terrible reviews one right after another and no one is saying a word. I'm beginning to wonder how many of you work for BMW. LOL

I hope the bmw fairys in here are right, cause I'll need a car in a year...and I had my hopes for the E92.

Joseph
San Diego
Look Joe, we are all open to negative points about the car. We are mostly realists and open to good debate and discussion. Just try to support your points (if you have them) with FACTS and EVIDENCE. Emotional statements, blanket statements and controversial statements that are not accepted widely as facts just get you into trouble. I'm sure many others on this board are wondering while reading this post, "don't bother with that useless troll". Prove us all wrong or get lost, it is that simple. Make a new topic, tell us exactly what you like and more importantly what you hate and for the negatives provide your evidence, rather than just saying "read the mags". Furthermore, if you want to complain the the E92 M3 is no longer an E30 M3 I don't think you will get all that much sympathy on that point. The overall position of the car in the market, it's balance between sport/luxury/GT is what it is - you can't change that so try to be realistic. If you hate that balance, hate the looks and the car is too heavy for you that is fine. DON'T BUY ONE. Looking forward to a better post from you.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 02:48 AM   #21
MI6
The World is Not Enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Aston DBS-R

Quote:

Joseph
San Diego
Joseph, you are right, you can speak your mind on here. But when you begin to speak half-truths and partial lies and then try to bring it off as fact you WILL get called out on it.

Case in point- Negative reviews........
Both EVO and Car and Driver as well as others had very favorable reviews- how do you account for this?

If the new M3 is so bad, how do you account for 43 U.S. buyers willing to shell out a full 6k just to TEST DRIVE one?

And lastly, this IS a BMW forum- don't you think the members here will be just a little bit biased, or were you too busy thinking up negative crap to say that you forgot what site you were on? :mad:
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2007, 03:54 AM   #22
Davo2003
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Coupe Jerez and loaded

Gift for Joseph