BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

04-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #23
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BTG 2014 - 3 Laps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NELSON.MLGB View Post
It was quiet confusing by his wording. Make people think he is comparing different tunes with same mods by reading the title.
BPM Stg2 vs. Stock failry simple title. So easy a caveman could read it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Yes pipes yield 25 whp. Tune extra 15. Total of 40. Of course the car will pull ahead.
Good point, you seem to be very good with numbers. Now I am pointing out the difference side by side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordstat View Post
Anyone else notice this looks almost identical to the vid posted in the recent thread of "BPM vs ESS Tune" thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriskm3 View Post
Yes. Same video for sure. I remember the black car jumping
This is for Nordstat ,Chriskm3 and NELSON.MLGB:

Actually its the same day I worked that ESS tune but this video is a stock car. I can have the driver of this car tell you the same. As for telling a difference, the stock car in this video still has its single yellow led in the head lights with OEM halos. UBER has the yellow led removed and running LUX halos. Also, UBER has a tinted e92 where this is clearly an un tinted e90.

Nice try though! It's really sad the level people will go to down an outstanding tune!

Last edited by STi_traitor; 04-08-2013 at 05:42 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 05:19 AM   #24
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by STi_traitor View Post
BPM Stg2 vs. Stock failry simple title. So easy a caveman could read it!

Good point, you seem to be very good with numbers. Now I am pointing out the difference side by side.

This is for both Nordstat and Chriskm3:

Actually its the same day I worked that ESS tune but this video is a stock car. I can have the driver of this car tell you the same. As for telling a difference, the stock car in this video still has its single leds in the head lights with OEM halos. UBER has the yellow led removed and running LUX halos. Also, UBER has a tinted e92 where this is clearly an un tinted e90.

Nice try though! It's really sad the level people will go to down an outstanding tune!
I don't know why STi have to justify his performance. Why can't people just accept BPM is better and move on? It's like flogging a dead horse. Pictures, in this case the video, is worth a thousand words. And in this case, it's worth the BPM tune - stage I or II.

Members who can't accept this are jealous and cannot accept someone can tune better then others.

I don't think you can ever replicate a perfect test situation even with a bucket load of money. Even the stock cars with same spec are different. That's the nature of the cars. Period.

Let's enjoy and have some fun. Are you going to lose your house over BPM being faster I doubt it.
      04-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #25
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
I don't know why STi have to justify his performance. Why can't people just accept BPM is better and move on? It's like flogging a dead horse. Pictures, in this case the video, is worth a thousand words. And in this case, it's worth the BPM tune - stage I or II.

Members who can't accept this are jealous and cannot accept someone can tune better then others.

I don't think you can ever replicate a perfect test situation even with a bucket load of money. Even the stock cars with same spec are different. That's the nature of the cars. Period.

Let's enjoy and have some fun. Are you going to lose your house over BPM being faster I doubt it.
Aussiem3, this is why we are struggling with them! \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Appreciate 0
      04-08-2013, 11:55 AM   #26
Nordstat
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

This has nothing to do with the tune. The videos looked suspiciously similar. Looking back, with his notes, I can now see a difference. No disrespect to the performance or mods to his car.

So sensitive...
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2013, 10:45 AM   #27
PhoenixRising
Important text here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Conv

Garage List
I loved my BPM Stage I and after upgrading my exhaust love the Stage II even more. I WOULD like to see that other POV like others suggested from the vantage point of the stock car watching you pull away.

Great video though!

2009 AM V8 Vantage Conv - Berwick Bronze, Quicksilver Exhaust
2013 M3 Conv - (RIP) thanks to uninsured a-hole
2004 Porsche 911 C4S Conv
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:29 AM   #28
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising View Post
I loved my BPM Stage I and after upgrading my exhaust love the Stage II even more. I WOULD like to see that other POV like others suggested from the vantage point of the stock car watching you pull away.

Great video though!
Thanks, I saw your video you posted of STG 1 against stock. Great stuff! BPM FTW!!! I will post another video in the future, gotta keep the BPM threads alive!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 11:56 AM   #29
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

Great video though!
I just found out there is a dyno about 15 minutes from my house. I think I will be hitting that up in the next few weeks.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 12:06 PM   #30
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

BPM FTW!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #31
PhoenixRising
Important text here
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I just found out there is a dyno about 15 minutes from my house. I think I will be hitting that up in the next few weeks.
Nice. I know I've got a couple around here. I need to pull the trigger and get some numbers too.

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 01:17 PM   #32
325rider
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 e90 M3 6mt

Yo STi, that was a good video. Def mount camera on slower car if you run again.

ONE QUESTION: (Im asking you this b/c most ppl give an opinionated or biased answer as if I'm attacking them) Anyways, Since the pipes and the tune have you noticed a "loss of back pressure" or noticeable loss of torque or drivability in the 1k-2k rpm range? I would imagine with the stock 2ndary cat you haven't lost total BP and its plausible that its the best of both worlds. Increased WHP while maintaining some OEM back pressure for whatever those benefits may be....
Please chime in

I had headers/cams/tune on my e46 and below 1.5 k rpm the car was a r3tard. Especially starting up hills and with A/C on. I imagine this was a cam issue but I hated the lack of drivability it had compared to stock and i HEAR BPM maintains the drivability but i don't want a weaker idle and funky startup due to torque/BP problems. Thanks a lot. And no, I don't know much about cars I'm learning roblem?:
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #33
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325rider View Post
Yo STi, that was a good video. Def mount camera on slower car if you run again.

ONE QUESTION: (Im asking you this b/c most ppl give an opinionated or biased answer as if I'm attacking them) Anyways, Since the pipes and the tune have you noticed a "loss of back pressure" or noticeable loss of torque or drivability in the 1k-2k rpm range? I would imagine with the stock 2ndary cat you haven't lost total BP and its plausible that its the best of both worlds. Increased WHP while maintaining some OEM back pressure for whatever those benefits may be....
Please chime in

I had headers/cams/tune on my e46 and below 1.5 k rpm the car was a r3tard. Especially starting up hills and with A/C on. I imagine this was a cam issue but I hated the lack of drivability it had compared to stock and i HEAR BPM maintains the drivability but i don't want a weaker idle and funky startup due to torque/BP problems. Thanks a lot. And no, I don't know much about cars I'm learning roblem?:
To be honest with you I am not sure. I haven't played in that area with it being a High revving engine. The area I start really playing in is 4K minimum. Anything below that is boring with our engines IMO. Why are you curious about 1-2K? Seems a bit odd, just asking not attacking.

With the BPM tune I will say I feel an increase in torque between 3-4k. Then from 4-8.6K I feel a whole world of power!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:43 PM   #34
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
BPM FTW!
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 03:54 PM   #35
PhoenixRising
Important text here
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I will say the AA Signature X-Pipe I installed replaced the primary cats with HFC's and replaced the secondary ones with resonators. I didn't notice any lag in any lower revs. I ran it for a week before I did the stage II tune. I hope that helps.

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:13 PM   #36
325rider
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
To be honest with you I am not sure. I haven't played in that area with it being a High revving engine. The area I start really playing in is 4K minimum. Anything below that is boring with our engines IMO. Why are you curious about 1-2K?
)
I like being able to start in second on a roll, comfortably engage first on steep hills etc, and i like being able to slow down/downshift and ride the revs down to 1.5k OR SO in 3rd, maybe 2nd, approaching stoplights/traffic/idiots. Sometimes the light goes green, they get out of the way, u get mad and gas it to go around, and you find yourself under 2k but in 2nd or 3rd and thats where i noticed a huge loss before i put the stock system on my e46 (yes this was post cat delete in the system but it had two resonators and muffler so idk, it DID help. the dyno and butt dyno showed it. I just hated noticing a big loss down there when i got cams/headers on the e46 (mostly cams i know, but i did them same time and I've read cats make a difference as well). When i put back the STOCK catback system i loved her again b/c she started pulling linearly and not like a boosted car lol. Well, not boosted, but you know what i mean.

Quote:
I will say the AA Signature X-Pipe I installed replaced the primary cats with HFC's and replaced the secondary ones with resonators. I didn't notice any lag in any lower revs. I ran it for a week before I did the stage II tune. I hope that helps.
Awesome. That is really good news especially since I think the tune would only benefit it in the lower revs. So, with HFCs or stock secondaries you did not seem to lose low end torque pre tune, good to know. When I can afford the tune soon here I will ring Mike Benvo and have him explain the pros/cons of cat delete and 2ndary cat delete as far as back pressure, low end power, etc...

Just making sure i still wanna save for it
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:35 PM   #37
PhoenixRising
Important text here
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Glad to help! Good luck! You'll really like working with Mike.

Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #38
STi_traitor
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325rider View Post
I like being able to start in second on a roll, comfortably engage first on steep hills etc, and i like being able to slow down/downshift and ride the revs down to 1.5k OR SO in 3rd, maybe 2nd, approaching stoplights/traffic/idiots. Sometimes the light goes green, they get out of the way, u get mad and gas it to go around, and you find yourself under 2k but in 2nd or 3rd and thats where i noticed a huge loss before i put the stock system on my e46 (yes this was post cat delete in the system but it had two resonators and muffler so idk, it DID help. the dyno and butt dyno showed it. I just hated noticing a big loss down there when i got cams/headers on the e46 (mostly cams i know, but i did them same time and I've read cats make a difference as well). When i put back the STOCK catback system i loved her again b/c she started pulling linearly and not like a boosted car lol. Well, not boosted, but you know what i mean.

Awesome. That is really good news especially since I think the tune would only benefit it in the lower revs. So, with HFCs or stock secondaries you did not seem to lose low end torque pre tune, good to know. When I can afford the tune soon here I will ring Mike Benvo and have him explain the pros/cons of cat delete and 2ndary cat delete as far as back pressure, low end power, etc...

Just making sure i still wanna save for it
I have DCT so I can't really help I guess. I also don't deal with hills on a daily driving basis. As for what Phoenix said about Mike. You won't regret the service, I have had other tuners in my lifetime of car modifications and no shite he is hands down the most loyal and communicative one I have had.

Great Service! BPM FTW!

BTW: You can change your name on this forum.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #39
325rider
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have DCT so I can't really help I guess. I also don't deal with hills on a daily driving basis. As for what Phoenix said about Mike. You won't regret the service, I have had other tuners in my lifetime of car modifications and no shite he is hands down the most loyal and communicative one I have had.

Great Service! BPM FTW!

BTW: You can change your name on this forum.
sounds good

i know i can, but i musn't forget where I came from. And how bad that car trolled me. If it wasn't for that car, I wouldn't have ever become a literal troll... but it made me so happy

...aware of degree of incomprehensibility ^
Appreciate 0