BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

08-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #1
JMSimmons1
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Door Handle LEDs won't turn off

Hello All,

I have been searching for an answer to this for several days and thus far, I have been unsuccessful in finding any real information out. For some inexplicable reason, the lights right underneath the door handle of my e92 M3 refuse to turn off. I have done the following:

1) Started and turned off the car.
2) Used the Key FOB to lock and unlock the car
3) Opened and shut both doors, the hood, and the trunk
4) Checked and changed the iDrive settings
5) Reset my Evolve tune back to factory settings
6) Re-installed the Evolve tune
7) Disconnected and reconnected the battery
8) Disconnected the battery over night
9) Removed the battery and had the voltage checked, which came back at 12.27V and 765CCA out of 900CA. Within tolerances, but I am still having the battery charged.

I have not re-installed the battery yet, but at this point, I am COMPLETELY at a loss. Usually electrical issues result in something not turning on or working, so this is rather bizarre to me.

Has anybody had or heard of this issue before? This is my daily driver, so you can guess why this would be a rather big issue.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
SDPLV
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Sounds like a coding issue.
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 02:48 PM   #3
JMSimmons1
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDPLV View Post
Sounds like a coding issue.
Like...out of the blue?

If this is the case, what are my options for rectifying the issue?

Thank you for the response.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2018, 08:47 PM   #4
JMSimmons1
Rep

Sooooo...I somehow fixed the issue.

I reinstalled the battery (OMG, BMW makes that process soooooo painful compared to the e46), but the lights didn't turn off. I then went about pulling fuses. I wanted at least turn off the lights until I could find a solution instead of having to disconnect the battery every time I got out of the car. I looked at the amazingly bad fuse diagram that was inspired by Egyptian hieroglyphics and started using trial and error.

Finally, I saw that fuse 61 turned off the lights on the door handles. It also turned off the Comfort Access too. If I touched the door handles, nothing happened. I put the fuse back in which reactivated the Comfort Access, but the lights now dimmed after a few moments as they should have.

Last edited by JMSimmons1; 08-27-2018 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0